The VS got no recoil or bulletfall???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shadownium, May 25, 2014.

1. minhalexus

You must be mistaken.

The bullet drop is noticeable, in anything after 150m. At 200m+ its highly noticeable.
    You can try shooting at the head from 150m, and I can assure you that you will not get the headshot.

Infantry render range is 300m, so there is that 150m where the bullet drop can be noticed by the user.

And in the end of the day, the term "no bullet drop" does not imply to this BASR.
    There is no "might have no bullet drop" in this BASR, I can assure you that it has bullet drop.

Its actually the VS that gets the phaseshift that is a SASR/BASR which has no bullet drop.
  2. Codex561

How can you say that!? Do we not have the almighty lasher capable of killing a guy in 5 seconds? Do we not have the amazing lancer of which a full mag cant kill an ESF? Do we not have the phase shift that has slow velocity and charge up?

Oh never mind you were right. ;)
  3. gigastar

The really depressing thing is that according to stats.dasanfall, VS Ceres is still outperforming our TR and NC counterparts.

...on the two continents where we can muster a decent force, that is.
  4. palto1826

i am really surprised there as many responses before someone realizing this
  5. faykid

We have no bullet drop on everything, no recoil at all, instant reload, a tank which can fly at a fighter jet speed and climb rocks at 90 degree angle, we have the fastest max and stonkest and our enemies claim they cannot see our ESF when dogfighting one, so we got that going for us as well.

Join VS, please! Please! We are really underpopped on almost every server. Please, we have cookies, coke, whatever you want man. Just join us. *sobs*
  6. SSRemly

If you want easy then join NC
  7. gregfox89

Honestly most TR and VS guns feel pretty similar.
  8. Negator

all factions are the same in the end. play what appeals to you the most.
  9. sindz

So much ******** in one thread, I've never seen anything like it.

Recoil and reload times depends on mag size and ROF, not bloody factions. No one has "fast reload" times as a faction trait, holy jesus in a linencloth people make up so many lies on this forum people actually start to believe them.

Study this sheet and stop claiming complete horse****.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LMG&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
  10. DramaticExit

That often happens to an underpop faction... the only people who remain and bother to play are those with some talent... So the average score per minute, kills per minute and so on, goes up for that faction, while they feed on the legions of newbs flooding into their overpopped opponents. Of course, they may well be killing faster and making a lot more kills, but bodies are what counts for holding points, so despite that they still often "lose".
  11. Haquim

Great, now I'm feeling sad and bad about shooting you and am actually considering defecting to you xenophiles.
    Won't help you though, since you're propably not from Cobalt.
  12. Shadownium

wait a second, it seems like that the VS's mag rider is easy to steer. I dont think i can steer a prawler or vanguard cuz im NOOB. Imma join VS just cuz its a noob faction :)
  13. Elrobochanco

Now you're not even putting effort in.
  14. Pat22

Yeah! It's not like there are also Carbines, SMGs, Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Scout Rifles, Battle Rifles and Sniper Rifle weapon classes in this game too! Most of which have substantially shorter reload times for the VS!

It's totally not like the Solstice VE3, the Pulsar C and the Eridani SX5, clocking in at 1.65, 1.67 and 1.74 seconds have the shortest reload times of any primary weapon in the game.
  15. Prudentia

They also got a low DPM, so in the long run we have an advantage when the Enemies are spaced between 2 seconds and 3 seconds from each other, anything shorter or longer NC and TR have an Advantage due to higher DPM allowing for more kills per mag.
  16. Pat22

This may be a personal opinion but I prefer slamming a fresh clip in almost instantly and engaging my next target with my full ammo rather than trying to squeeze out one more kill out of the <10 rounds left in my clip after my first kill.
    It just seems much more advantageous to me.

Then again I do enjoy the Polaris on my heavy because I only need to reload it after having mowed down an entire squad.
  17. pnkdth

Didn't know 0.01-0.05 seconds faster reload speed was "substantial." Many NC weapons are very very close to VS reload speeds despite being in the 167-200DMG tier. VS probably is the faction who has the most misconceptions about the faction's advantages(which probably is due to the fact it is really muddy waters to try and figure out so players tend to make them up). For example, there seem to be quite a lot of players who think the magrider main cannon has the least drop and all VS LMGs have the 0.75x movement mod.

That said, there has been quite a lot of balance passes/nerfs/buffs lately so things can get rather confusing.
  18. Pat22

You have a point. I did only compare them to TR weapons, where we have almost a full second faster reload speeds.
  19. Prudentia

well thats the problem. for VS it's 10 bullets left. for TR it's 20-25(same damage/+10bullets) and for NC it's 15 (higher damage/less Rof=enemy is dead earlier and you waste less bullets before you stop firing)
    Also you should try the Flare w/ext mag. Polaris is all nice (my first and only LMG auraxium) but it's just 143/100 Flare is 167/150.
  20. Pat22

But then I lose out on the foregrip / adv. laser sights. I will look into it though, since I got it during the winter holiday sales for 99sc

Looking at the stats, the Flare only seems to give me an advantage in damage and is only more accurate if I'm standing still.
    Also HV ammo, that's a thing that counts.