Time to increase the Skill CAP by making Rockets not OHK Infantry. Please No More Rocketside!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, May 22, 2014.

1. Dis

Nope. Might want to do some research before putting incorrect information in large red text.

Broken forum embedding: www.twitch.tv/d1sillusioned/c/4312540
    • Up x 1
  2. DK22

I thought using a RL like this was the last desperate act, or out of grenades, you miss and your cooked.
    But thanks OP, gave me a few good ideas for its use now. :)
  3. TheBlindFreak

Out of curiosity, how many ranks of flak armor do you need to survive a rocket, and how much health do you have left with max flak armor?

the way I see it, RL's are fine. Explosive damage is fine (maybe could even use a bit of a buff), flak armor just isn't very inticing at the moment. Buff flak armor, and you effectively nerf RL's without technically nerfing them.
  4. Teoke

I guess its time to hop on the Bug report bandwagon then, Since Flak armor should reduce damage on Direct hits, as it was changed to do so in PU02
    http://planetside2.co.uk/teasers/OMFG_Patch If you want to read the update in its intrety.

To my knowledge 1135 ( The damage of the Default rocketlauncher ) Divided by 2 (50%) is 567.5 which should let you survive since an infantryman has 1000 HP.

A shot from the Decimator should deal 667.5 damage to someone with Flak5.

Conclusion: Flak armor is bugged.

Suggested fix for SOE: Fix Flak armor so you dont get one shotted by Rocketlaunchers, solving the issue of being rocket primaried.

Disregard this. It deals both the splash and the direct hit damage, which is why people are still getting oneshotted by the rocketlaunchers.

Suggested fix for SOE: Tune down the indirect damage of the Rocketlauncher so people with Flakarmor survive. Leave direct hit damage unchanged so you can still fire on People without flak armor and still achieve kills
  5. Contego

This thread is now beyond asinine. If rockets get nerfed again because of this I will be putting this game aside permanently. Not because I use them as a primary way to kill infantry no, because a line needs to be drawn somewhere between SOE and these gems who cry on the forums every time they get owned by something and refuse to adapt. Please for the love of all that is fun and good in this game stop trying to nerf everything, or by the time you are done we will be fighting each other with actual nerf guns.[IMG]
  6. NaySayer

Eh, getting ohk'd by rockets shouldn't annoy anyone. A person shouldn't survive a direct rocket hit to the torso, and whoever used the rocket either isn't too good at the game or does it out of instinct (maybe ran out of ammo in the lmg and pistol which is usually when I use it against infantry).
  7. sillysix06

Hey G.O.A.T,
    You could almost say the same thing about Fly-boys. I have been killed multi times in the middle of a building where the flac from there rockets still kills me. Some of the Fly-boys get kills they don't deserve, And it's no fun playing when you can not get out of a building cause there are to plane's just keeping you boxed in. I Like this game, but it goes both way's. Well enjoyed your statement, Keep killing..
  8. Haquim

Look at the post of Dis, that should answer your question. You need level 6, maybe level 7 for the decimator who deals a chunk more damage.
    I love how those people are like "get flak 5" because clearly reducing 1135 + 1000 damage by 50% will make a guy with 500 hp and 500 shield survive....
    sigh
    Some say the guys who want the rocket primaries "fixed" are ******* because a rocket should kill somebody.
    I say I have trouble taking posts seriously that lack even the most basic logic, math and/or facts.

And another little story to go with the "why I think it is a problem" theme.
    I captured a controlpoint and was camping it as a LA with a shotgun. I managed to kill 2 guys before another wave hit. I killed 2 of those and retreated into cover, so I could hopefully down another one with a luky shot before they got me. Now what happened? A level 98 HA comes round the corner and kills me! At a range where he could have used it as a ******* club!
    Anyway seeing this discussion goes for a while I sent him a tell and asked him why the hell he pulled out a decimator to kill a heavily hurt LA round a corner. His answer? It's better than his LMG in CQC, I should regard it as a big shotgun. When I asked him why he doesn't equip a real shotgun he naturally asked why he should... seeing as he always can draw his rocket and still have a LMG.

SO... how is this okay? This damn thing seems to be regarded as a AV weapon, a CQC AI weapon, a AM(anti-max) weapon, a spam weapon to lock down bottlenecks, a PEEK-A-BOO style OHK for any kind of cover(especially spawnrooms) and in case of the AA launcher its of course also an AA weapon. Drawback? A long reload...
    And don't whip out that stupid "that's what it's supposed to do/be". Maybe we have to change what it is supposed to do.
    40 mm grenades are NOT supposed to have less firepower than the toys you have dangling from your belt, so start buffing the marauder if that is what you want. And im sure there are a LOT of things that need to be brought up to date with THAT logic.
  9. G.O.A.T

You said you were leaving forever yet here you are and you refer yourself in third person......Ego much?

Thats all I need to know about you to not take you seriously and to disregard your opinion.

BTW Rockets can still do damage to infantry, you just need a pistol to finish them off.
  10. AshOck

This thread is about RL's, not shotguns.
  11. DxAdder

Some RL's have already been balanced NOT to 0HK infantry (Phoenix, Lancer) and the rest need the same treatment.
  12. Vixxing

No, its about noobs that whine at whatever weapon they got owned with last... (FTFY)
  13. Clay

All has been said about the topic. OHK Launchers are bad. People who are defending it just dont want to lose their cheese method to deal with better players / overpopulated areas. And usually everything that Stew says is bollocks so if he defends the rocket launchers you know whats goin on..
  14. Nerp

I don't think anyone has killed me with a rocket launcher in the past month. I don't see where all these rocket primary people are, but ok ._.
    • Up x 4
  15. Grayson

Increase skillcap by nurf? seems legit...
    -If you're using a rocket you have 1 shot..only 1, if you miss you probably die
    -Splash radius is just simply ret@rdedly small for a rocket.
    -Not to mention flak armor...

/thread
    • Up x 4
  16. TheBlindFreak

No need to reply like an *******. I wasn't implying anything like that. Just asking a legitimate question because I didn't want to dig through 7 pages of mostly petty arguing.

My point still stands, buff flak armor and problem solved. RL's stay RL's. And people who don't like RL primaries can have their counter.
  17. AshOck

Ummm nope. It's about increasing the skill cap by removing the rocket launchers ability to OHK infantry.
    That actually suggests that the people that are defending the OHK feature are the lesser skilled players :)
  18. JonnyHatesEmo

Once I read this I could no longer take your opinion seriously . That is all.
    • Up x 2
  19. Luft

Remember when you could effectively use gold ammo, lancers*, strikers, phoenixes**, and decimators against infantry targets in Planetside 1?

* Yeah I remember when everyone used the lancer as a sniper rifle, they nerfed that.
    ** I have no explanation for the sad state of the PS1 phoenix.
  20. Vixxing

No, it suggest they dont ***** like little girls when they get killed... (well if crying is a skill it suggest they are skilled at that)
    Nerf Whining plz!