Decoy Grenades Now Work, According to Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Rohxer, May 19, 2014.

1. Rohxer

Oh. (!) Em. (!) Gee. (!)

Decoy Grenades
    • Decoy grenades now place false firing indicators on enemy minimaps.
    • Updated decoy grenade audio to match recent weapon audio changes.

I still would have liked a little shooting VR dummy pop up, but oh well, if they actually work now as advertised I'll take it! There are definitely a few scenarios where they could be fun to use...
    • Up x 3
  2. Vostogon

Except come the new patch I can drop an EMP grenade at my feet and be immune to it.

Working or not, i'm never going to use decoy grenades.
  3. Rohxer

Good point! Still, I'll give them a try; I have a few ideas.

Big question though is did they change the resource cost.

45 infantry resources: Frag, Sticky, anti-vehicle, flash, EMP, healing, revive, DECOY
    25 infantry resources: Smoke

45 is pretty steep for something that does not specifically effect players. For consistency it should be the same as smoke - it obfuscates the environment without a direct effect on players.

Imagine if we could fire off these like the dart gun, throw them from the spawn room across the base, blanket the whole area, or make a false trail to an imaginary sunderer. Though the dart gun in some ways already does the job of a "decoy" grenade if used that way. :p
    • Up x 1
  4. Kcalehc

What would be nice is a 'decoy sunderer' beacon. Something you place on the ground, much like the motion spotter, that gives a false Sunderer trace on enemies minimaps. Good to lure in those C4 fairies to your prepared location.
    • Up x 5
  5. salembeats

I know that I'm excited. Hope it works as advertised. I'll probably run this as standard on my Stalker/Sniper-based loadouts.
  6. Rohxer

Yeah I thought of that too right after I wrote my response above... I'd love for the whole "decoy" concept to be expanded out like this, but it's just dreaming...
  7. OldMaster80

I DID IT! YEAH BABY, I DID IT AT LAST AFTER 1 YEAR AND A HALF OF REPORTING THE SAME BUG OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  8. Mustarde

:)

I will run a decoy grenade bandolier build tonight and see if I can lure some people into my line of fire!!!
    • Up x 2
  9. Get2dachoppa

10. Godsmangamer

I hope they work as advertized but with the track record that soe has with infiltrator hard ware I need consumer conformation.
    I don't have access right now but has anyone been able to document there new effects in game
    ( I am specifically refering to all the weird bugs with cloak we infils have/havehad to live with on a session by session basis)
  11. Rohxer

They do work, I tested them briefly when I was testing the radar changes as well. And I wish I'd remembered about them when I was trying to take a base from a squad yesterday. It was a situation where they may have actually been beneficial. Need to remember that they work now!

Basically, when you throw them, you hear the gun fire, and the enemy sees a red dot pop up. The dot moves slowly, in a straight line, sometimes following the trajectory of the grenade, sometimes angling off in a different direction for some reason. But they definitely generate a radar signature now.
    • Up x 2
  12. Godsmangamer

sweet
    • Up x 1