Summer Kickoff sales to be members only?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UGoBoy, May 22, 2014.

1. UGoBoy

Am I reading that right? The people willing to spend money on the game don't get to spend money on the game because we're not spending money on the game the way the devs want us to spend money on the game?
    • Up x 1
  2. Maelthra

Woah...moneyception...
    • Up x 1
  3. UberBonisseur

You're not supposed to pay for content, you're supposed to pay for the promise of content.
  4. Tayradactyl Developer

Nooooo? Where did you read that?
    • Up x 4
  5. Prudentia

my brain hurts...
    i need to spend some money
  6. UGoBoy

From the official page on the event?

https://www.planetside2.com/news/planetside2-memorial-day-weekend

"All of our Summer Kick Off Sales and events are available to members only from Friday at 10AM PDT through Monday at 11:59PM PDT. Not a member? It’s fast and easy to become one by clicking here. See you on the battlefield!"
    • Up x 2
  7. Tayradactyl Developer

Yeah that's not right, I'll have someone get on that. Double xp is for members but the sales are not. Sorry about that.
    • Up x 10
  8. UGoBoy

No problem, thanks for the reply. I figure it'll be like last time with a cheap pubbie and cheap member sale item each day, and that's cool. Just didn't want to be shut out completely.
    • Up x 1
  9. LibertyRevolution

10. Verviedi

Huzzah! Due to time restrictions, I can't participate! Is it going to be a 90% off sale or a whole bunch of daily sales?
  11. Ronin Oni

Also every day has a category of cosmetics for 50%

not sure if they'll do the 1/99 thing, kinda hope so :D
    • Up x 1
  12. UGoBoy

See...I like the sound of this. I'm going to be out of town, but giving a friend authorization to buy a sweet helmet for me :p
  13. HLM

This is a pleasant surprise. There are a few things I've been considering purchasing for a while, so now looks like a good a time as any. Sounds like some nice bundles/deals too.
  14. bPostal

Awesome! I plan on being too drunk to play, but not enough such that I can't buy stuff!
    • Up x 1
  15. St0mpy

meh, run out of SC, no decent SC 2x 3x sale for an age, ill be giving this one a miss
  16. AudieSmurfy

A double XP event for a holiday is for members only? Really? Something like that should be given to everyone.
  17. sindz

In b4 prosieben gets jack!
  18. Cirevam

It looks like I'll be using that 1500 SC code I've been saving today and getting a Harasser bumper. Praise Tayra for the clarification.
  19. ScrapyardBob

My complaint about the upcoming weekend is:
    • The in-game blurbs on the loading screens were not showing up at all on Thursday.
    • No mention of it on the launcher screen, why is there not an ad there touting the benefits?
    • Nowhere in the Planetside 2 website news is there any information about when the double XP weekend starts/ends.
    • Nor was it possible to dig up the double XP dates from any of the SOE posts on the forums.
    • No mention of it in the "News" area of the launcher screen.
    I'm still not sure when double XP starts...