AF-4A Bandit Carbine review - Worth taking over your AF-19 Mercenary?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Wrel, May 11, 2014.

1. Wrel Developer

Thoughts on the new AF-4A Bandit carbine for the New Conglomerate.
    Fun little weapon, but are the CQC advantages enough to warrant a purchase from you?

Some thoughts on that inside, but let me know what you think about NC's new toy overall.
    • Up x 1
  2. minhalexus

If you are a high BR player who has certs to spare, then definitely go for it.

Its my favorite carbine.
    Before this came out, I was using the GD-7F and ACX-11, and for me this gun felt much much better than both of them.
  3. Sagabyte

It's an overclocked and erratic mercenary.
  4. Nakar

Better for LAs than Engineers. Use the Mercenary as an Engineer as the reliability and uptime are more useful than the better close-up DPS output. By no means bad, I'm just saying it benefits the LA class a lot more.
  5. Casterbridge

Nice review as always.

I picked up the bandit and I really enjoy it, I'm not a fan of the GD-7f, but the bandit just feels right, pretty much right were the vid says at the end, I'll be alternating between the Merc and the Bandit most of the time.
  6. Astraka

I absolutely hate this gun. The damage drop off is far too high for a weapon of its tier. It needs to remain at a regular carbine minimum like its equivalents - the Zenith & Jaguar. As soon as I finish the Auraxium for it I will be shelving it and wouldn't recommend anyone waste money on it at this point.
  7. Blackinvictus

^agree here. I found it to be a total waste of money.
  8. CrimsonEpsilon

Thank you Wrel. I feel like I will not be using this weapon at all because of it's cost and how close it performs to carbines I already have and love. Good luck against me on Waterson. See you on the Battlefield.
  9. Hibiki54

AF-4A Bandit is my new main weapon for LA and Engineer. Hasn't failed me yet.
  10. FishMcCool

Got it on the cheap during sales. It feels really nice, basically a longer-ranged Cyclone. If you like your Cyclone, the Bandit is more of the same 167 damage .75 ads speed goodness, with slightly lower RoF (632 vs 652) but longer damage dropoff and higher velocity, so it works better mid-range. Also 30 rounds per clip. Using it with grip/spa at the moment since the hipfire CoF is pretty good by default.
  11. Corezer

There's nothing else with a .75 ads on NC but as a gun, it sucks...
  12. Casterbridge

I've been using it a lot more lately and I still really like the gun BUT in all honestly the situations it's best at I'd probably do just as well with say a cyclone with extended mags, a bit more stopping power further out but not much more to make a huge difference.

Basically it's not a gun you need, the merc is more practical overall, and the cyclone does just about the same job, again I think the Bandit is good, but no one should feel like they have to get this gun.