Difficulty running on a high end PC

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Clippers745, May 21, 2014.

1. Clippers745

This post isn't for myself, however a friend of mine has had a lot of trouble getting PS2 to work despite their specs being pretty much the same or higher than mine.

- 16 Gig of RAM (double mine)
    - AMD HD 7900 Series graphics card ( I have Geforce 660, which works just fine)
    - Intel Core i5-4670 CPU @3.4ghz (exact same as mine)
    - The sound card is just listed as AMD High Definition Audio Device, but I'm not sure if that's the culprit

Basically, I run on medium with pretty much perfect framerates unless battles get crazy. However upon starting up the game my friend says that its pretty laggy (FPS-wise) and that there was a lot of input delay.

I was just wondering is there some obvious cause to this that I have just missed in my searches, or is it something more complicated? I'm heading off to work now but if you leave any troubleshooting questions and such, I'll gladly pass them on when I'm home.
  2. Hypersot

I cannot say I'm the expert here but considering your hardware is the same for both (and taking for granted that there are no network issues on your friend's house since you haven't mentioned that) then the only thing left is the software.

Can your friend check if there is any piece of software interfering with the game?
  3. Irathi

Check for any software running in the background when he plays and see if memory usage keeps rising until it fills up. I assume he has a capable internet connection, but check that as well.
  4. BlackDove

5. Clippers745

They've got better internet than me so I do not believe it's connection issues, plus it seems to happen on quite a few games. Basically, a really good PC isn't performing as it should.

I'll get them to check out the background software thing ASAP. The computer was purchased as a prebuilt gaming PC, so I'd assume the builder had the common sense to use a suitable PSU, but I'll have them check that out when they can.
  6. BlackDove

Despite it being the most important part of the PC even "high end" companies use cheap PSUs.

If hes infected with a rootkit or bitcoin miner youd expect what hes observing.
  7. Alexlightning7

Its a bug that I am experiencing, or atleast it sounds like it.
    The temporary fix I found is putting it in full screen windowed mode, try that.

EDIT: Didn't read that you were having problems in other games. maybe this isnt the issue. Sounds like Drivers to me, but it could esily be what others said too.

Also, since your on a 660, I would turn some settings up. your going to be CPU bottlenecked in battles, so almost every setting other than shadows is not going to affect your fps, atleast, not in fights.
  8. Clippers745

It actually ended up working a bit better in fullscreen windowed, despite normal windowed being as laggy as fullscreen. It's much more playable but still pretty average.

We're gonna test it out over the weekend most likely, see what has an effect on the FPS and whatnot, if the problem persists I'll be sure to try out some of the other solutions and report back here if its still bad.

Thanks for the responses :)
  9. Mortucus

it can be a firewall and antivirus thing as well make sure his anti virus and his firewall have permissions to run the games
    if he hasn't had it to lang take it back and have them fix that **** asap
    also make sure hes put the game to run as admin