[Suggestion] New NS Shotgun? Time for a Jackhammer Buff

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Hibiki54, May 8, 2014.

1. Pie Chasm

Love the new trend of nerfing faction specific advantages to homogenize everything, because that's what everybody wants...

First the Lynx, then the Jackhammer.. what's next? Orions for everyone!
    • Up x 1
  2. Mxiter

Can we also buff as much all TR weapons that look like to NS weapons?

T5AMC/T16/T32/maraudeur/Vulcan? :rolleyes:
  3. Bennybones

I'm not normally one for whining about things, specially not NC things considering I main TR. But this is bullcrap. I mean it really is. The NC are getting shafted here. No, the Jackhammer won't become obsolete by this, but the Jackhammer is essentially given to all the other empires. The Jackhammer is empire specific only in name.

The one big thing the Jackhammer had that made it awesome was the tight pellet spread. Sure, magazine fed was cool, 12 in the mag was good, but 90%+ of the reason for using the Jackhammer was its tight spread. Now we're all given a shotgun with the same spread and, if I read the stats right, slightly easier recoil management. The semi-auto function is arguably the least important part of the Jackhammer, not sure anyone even uses it any more.

SoE have just given the rest of us the NC empire specific heavy weapon and I think it's absolutely reasonable that the NC are angry over this. As far as I'm concerned this new shotgun needs to be scrapped completely or the NC needs a new ES weapon. Just buffing the Jackhammer isn't enough. One of the big selling points of the ES weapons are that they're so different than what's available to everyone else and giving the Jackhammer an auto mode won't make it stand out enough to feel like an ES weapon.
  4. rev0103

Why do we even need a ns shotty. All the shotguns are copy pastes of each other theres no need for another shotgun that everyone shares.
    • Up x 4
  5. lNeBl

A jackhammer buff lol.
    • Up x 2
  6. kaolla

tested and that right you may have you reticle on body with a small gap ( second target at VR), and i got half pellet missng, at same range the Baron is 2 shot when jackhammer is mostly 3 shot.

also Baron have a somewhat big advantage it reload like a pump action, so you can fire any round you have put into before the end of reload, when jack need to go full reload like a normal gun.

beside stat, jackhammeri s huge when baron is as big as a normal shotgun, but do the same job. i feel better than a jack or as good with bonus of behind NS and on all class except max and infiltrator.

can someone also see if they got same recoil ? i thought jack have more recoil per shot but the recitle is smaller so maybe it i easier to see that.
  7. TheKhopesh

Oh, Yes thank you for pointing that out about the Baron having greater ease with reloading.

I hadn't even considered that.

As well, all NS weapons get a .75 ADS movement speed, which I know isn't hugely helpful for shotguns, but still it's just one more thing that the Baron holds over the Jackhammer.

The movement speed would be quite helpful for use with slug ammo at range though.

I too have noted that the Baron has a greater killing range than the Jackhammer. Both in that (Assuming all pellets hit) the Baron does an even 700 damage per shot , while the JH does only 672 per shot.
    Additionally, the Jackhammer having a larger pellet spread causes even less damage to land on target than the Baron.
  8. Hibiki54

As I stated many times, the Jackhammer needs to be buffed/reworked. Everyone I know that has picked up the NS Baron comments saying that it's just like the Jackhammer but sometimes better.
  9. vanu123

I can't take this seriously. The jackhammer is the best heavy weapon followed closely by the MCG and then in a very distant 3rd is the lasher.
    • Up x 2
  10. vanu123

Still waiting on a lasher buff.
    • Up x 1
  11. Hoki

If the baron makes the jackhammer look bad, then the baron needs a nerf.
    • Up x 1
  12. RyanGUK

You say the Jackhammer needs a buff, but it's more likely that the Baron will get a nerf to bring it down a little bit.

That seems more justifiable to me for all parties involved.
    • Up x 1
  13. Govedo13

Nerf Baron, rework Lasher. Jackhammer is scary, no NS weapon should preform at this level.
  14. vanu123

Still waiting on no bullet drop shotguns......
  15. Casterbridge

I can't see the jackhammer getting a straight up buff, maybe they could do something to differentiate it more give it more unique ammo types (something more exotic that simple slug ammo) but as is it's a very good gun.

I do agree though the Baron is also a very good gun and treads right on the toes of the Jackhammer.
  16. MKEYCKOR

No.
    • Up x 1
  17. eldarfalcongravtank

the Jackhammer isn't underperforming, and the Baron isn't overperforming. in fact, the Baron gives up quite a lot to have that tight 2.5 pellet spread. compared to other ES semi-auto shotguns, it has less ammo (even with extended magazines), longer reload, lower firerate and lower damage per shot

so stop acting like the Jackhammer needs something. it's very potent already. and SOE are probably going to release explosive rounds for all shotguns soon, so how should we Vanu players feel if other empires get a Lasher-copy suppression gun?:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  18. Corvus Corax

so you want to make jackhammer ridiculously OP. ok. what are your thoughts on other faction specific weapons? or do you just want to be the best 4evar hurr?
    • Up x 2
  19. Silus

Anti-MAX Shotgun rounds?

I can get behind that.
  20. Epic High Five

As someone who was initially quite angry at this, and having had time to use it, I've gotta say that the Baron is SIMILAR to the Jackhammer, but is by no means the clone we all feared. The damage profile is good but isn't nearly AS good and it's got like 1/5 of the sustained fire capability thanks to the punishing reload mechanic and tiny magazine

I'd say it's much more akin to a quick-reload shotgun than the Jackhammer.

That said it's my favorite infantry shotgun by a mile because it REMINDS me of my Mattocks while not being nearly as good.

The velocity makes it nice for slug sniping, but slug sniping's ceiling is just below the floor of almost every other gun in the game