Implants cost an additional $1 an hour to run.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Damean, May 20, 2014.

1. FateJH

You unequip them. When nothing is equipped, you don't waste power. (And, if you are still using power, you submit a support ticket.)
  2. Govedo13

This summs it well.
    I does not have membership and just checked- 154 SPM. I would never have the chance to use the implant enhancements without paying them real money, even if I spend certs on chargers it wont be enough.

The implants are only usable even for full members only if they pay with SC to charge them. In general I am fine with this. I prefer to buy weapons with SC, wont ever spend real money on consumables.
    I find this really jerky move towards members because they wont milk non-members with the implants consumables for obvious reasons.
    They would milk the people that ALREADY give them money because it is not mathematically possible to run the implant all the time even as full member without buying charges with SC.

What I am personally really not fine with is that SOE lied about that everyone that does not want to pay them real money for consumables would get a leverage item that equals the implants. If they make the basic free implant not to use any energy at tier 1 while the others T1 implants to use 1 energy per 10 secs I would be ok with it.
    If they do so the T2 and T3 would be pay to win but T1 would be available for everyone.

Other option is to increase the charger energy or reduce the energy consumption, if the Implants stay in their current form it is pure pay to win thing.

The said pay to win thing would motivate me not to buy more SC, I am sure that it would motivate paying members to un-superscribe because it is also idiotic to pay them money each month and still not be able to use implants all the time.
    • Up x 4
  3. Haquim

Feel free to spend money on it, I won't stop you.

But since I played 3.5h yesterday, started with 1800 energy and now have about 7000 and a couple chargers I fail to see your problem....
    Granted, I am a member and the drops seem to go with exp, but even halving my gains im still way positive.

In my opinion it's easy: Ghostcappers that use Implants pay or run out, the rest can earn enough by playing to keep going.
  4. Goretzu

Indeed, but that's a very ghetto option, when clearly they are designed to run down constantly - which is perhaps fair enough if SOE come out and say so and then balance them as such.

If they aren't designed to run like that (or SOE doesn't want to balance them like that) then there should be an on/off switch - I mean you can unequip darklight, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be an on/off switch for that (and that doesn't [yet] use consumable batteries).
  5. DK22

people hate change.
    just save up your freebies and use once and awhile, I think thats the way they were meant to be used,rather than 24/7.
    I haven't bought any yet, it hasn't seemed worth my SCt, and seems free might be enough anyways..
    Once I save up a few I'll start playing around with them, otherwise, play as usual.
  6. Goretzu

A couple of points.

1) The RNG is a harsh mistress (it can be kind at times, but mostly it isn't) - and it is capped on top.
    2) Free players [players that might have actually spent a lot of $$$ on the game, just not have membership] not being able to run them = P2W.
    3) T3 uses significantly more than T1 Implants.
  7. FateJH

There's a topic. How are they, in your opinion, not balanced in their current form; and, also in youir opinion, what would be a good means of balancing the implant system such as they are designed to run down constantly?
  8. z1967

PRAISE HELIX
  9. Govedo13

This statement says nothing.
    Try to be more specific with numbers like what is your SPM, how many XP you made in this 3,5 hours and what drops you got. The mathematics are simple. Check LibertyRevolution post unless you are some really Pro player with full membership and SPM around 800 you would not be able to run T2 implant all the time even if you get from drops only chargers.
    • Up x 2
  10. maxkeiser

I'm just not going to use them for a few months.

Is there a cap on how much energy/implants you can have saved up lol?

I already have 9000-1000 certs saved at any one time.
  11. dezusa

Dem cash sinkholes, "Your money loyalty means the world to us!"

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  12. Goretzu

Basically the only way this can be remotely balanced, is if free players can maintain 1 x T3 implant (per character) with whatever amount of play they have.

I'm not sure that this can be balanced with people buying SC though (that is why would they use SC if the above was the case).
  13. AnnPerkins

and that is the cost for just the T1 implants. If they double the energy cost for each tier you're looking at paying 4 times that to maintain T3 implants.
  14. NCDaniel

Crappy implants at the moment. Still waiting on that quick equipment use.
  15. RealityWarrior

Which has been stated is a bug. It is supposed to be higher than that.
    A: you are doing math for 24 hours a day? Does the word Strawman mean anything to you? How about Hyperbole?

B: You still didnt include drops. You can also turn implants you dont want into chargers.

C: You are not meant to have it up 100% of the time! Just like you are not meant to be in a MAX or a TANK 100% of the time. Just like you are not supposed to throw unlimited Grenades or C4 or Mines.

My plan is to not use any for the first couple of weeks to bank chargers up, Then use until I need to start banking again. I do the same thing with my inf resources. When I am maxed I used the heck out of them. When I am low, I bank for a while untill I am back to 40 saved Prox, AT, C4, Grenades, healing pack... then I go on a binge again,
  16. Epic High Five

I haven't run an implant yet, choosing instead to horde them like Elixirs in Final Fantasy, and I have been killing people just fine. People with implants, even. I was testing out the Tross without any implants last night and went 3.8 despite learning a new gun.

Hardly P2W
    • Up x 2
  17. Ronin Oni

drops are... wait for it...

FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also anyone who is swimming in certs at BR100 finally has somewhere to dump certs.

Players who play less won't hit the daily earning cap and should be able to run off drops alone. Hardcore 4+hour marathon players should have enough certs to keep chargers up.

Also.... bear in mind... IMPLANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED EQUIPMENT

The benefits from them are minor at best.

SOOOOOO much whining. Gold ammo in other F2P shooters is 10x worse and not avail for free.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ronin Oni

^THIS!

SO MUCH THIS!!!

We've played this game without implants for 2 years now and did just fine. Guess what, YOU'RE STILL JUST AS CAPABLE NOW AS YOU WERE BEFORE!

OMG!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  19. Rhumald

I don't see why anyone is surprisedby this.

All the veterans predicted this would happen, and this is why the veterans have been almost completly against implants. Good thing they aren't required if you have some skill.
  20. Wyll

I don't think the devs can hear your tears over the sound of them rubbing implant money all over their bodies.

Seriously, I don't see implants giving much of an edge and my weapons are still racking up kills without them.