New explosive sound effects - a joke?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by maxkeiser, May 20, 2014.

1. Danath

Maybe the hit sounds comes from people using the implant that spots whoever hits you? Not happening with everybody I shot at, and that sound is not just for VS
  2. KnightCole

Something seems off about NC Weapon sounds. Mine sound like they are firing over each other......my EM6 and bursters sound like im rolling marbles in a bag or something...like 2 rounds are going off, 1 right on top of each other and it sounds horrid. Im sure thats a bug...just hope it goes back to normal.
  3. BetaGuru

Man, they really messed with the sounds in this patch and in almost all cases for the worse.

The new explosions are terrible. What were they thinking? I hope its a bug.
    • Up x 1
  4. Klypto

I will admit they do sound better in the distance.

And by distance I mean far far away.
  5. Nerp

I could have sworn I was hearing something similar to this ( I.e some VS gun noise ) on hit indicators, yet I'm on TR. It was only for a short period of time however, and then everything went back to normal.
  6. Yuki10

The old tank sounds where OP and didn't generate cash. Next month there will be a new "Battle Sounds" sound pack available for SC purchase which brings old sounds back to the game.
    • Up x 3
  7. Admiralty

I was on the test server in the first few hours after they added the new sounds.

At the time I thought: I bet you they will leave these in for the final patch release and people will be confused as to what is shooting at them since every explosive sounds the same and that they will change it after the patch has been released.

Come patch time: I knew it :D
  8. maxkeiser

I don't think a 'few tweaks' are going to be enough.

Unless those tweaks involve putting back the invidual weapon sounds and putting back the old (much better) explosive sounds.
    • Up x 1