Bought 6x T1 implants, used crafting, now have 1x T1. 0/10 would not bother to use system again.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TotalNoob, May 20, 2014.

1. TotalNoob

I assume this consumes your T3 implants in the same way. Wow, really, I thought my government and the
    main stream media took me for a fool but this is just about as insulting.

What a pointless and transparent attempt to squeeze a bit more money out of people with practically no chance of success. I'd rather take my cash down the bookies.
    • Up x 12
  2. JibbaJabba

You got suckered.

As someone who spends a lot of cash on the game I've already expressed in the roadmap and test server threads that they won't get a cent from me on this. I guess they were counting on others.
    • Up x 10
  3. WyrdHarper

Sounds like you didn't read the manual! (It takes 5 to craft an implant of the next level, using 3 of one level only gives you a random one of the same level).
    • Up x 13
  4. Halo572

Yeah, Recyclo is a bit of a disappointment AND they must be getting pretty desperate to have that tie up with the bit coiny keys for treasure balls thing.

Oh hang on, sorry I am getting my declining population, totally imbalanced F2P games mixed up that is SMNC.

Well, they are of pretty much the sameness when it comes down to it that they all just become an uninstalled blur.
    • Up x 1
  5. MarkAntony

It's not their fault if you don't read the manual.
    • Up x 6
  6. kadney

Looks like the name fits.. :rolleyes:
    Did you read the crafting description?
    • Up x 6
  7. BillBoBaggins

Game has turned into pay to win whether it be certs or SC it is now pay to win.At least it has given me a reason to stop playing PS2,time to move on to a new game.
    • Up x 2
  8. Winfield

Implants do in no way make this game pay2win. The implant effects are NOT going to make or break a fight for me.

It's still a rubbish system though, that much I can agree on but pay2win? Nopeh.
    • Up x 5
  9. FoxnEagle

I didn't have that much problem with the system. I used about 750 certs to get a few implants and was lucky enough to get a Tier II almost immediately (tier II regen). Then I went to the recycle thing and plugged a bunch in (5 at a time) and ended up with 2 more Tier II items (Safe Landing II and another Regen II).

The only gripe I have about this new feature is the Energy required to power the implants. Tier II regen requires .75 energy per second. Rounding up to 1 energy per second, the complimentary 1800 energy they give us will only last 30 min of fight time. And then, to get MORE energy, I need to pay 750 certs for 10,000 Energy, which would last for approximately 3 hours. WTH I can't build up 750 certs within 3 hours to continually run my implant.

So my general thoughts on it are
    - Make the implants consume less or reduce recharge cost
    - Give us a run speed implant (I want Adrenaline pump AND a run speed implant for SUPER SPEED)
    - Create an implant that detects enemies, but also reveals you on the map for all enemies. (Sending out pulse waves, you can tell where others are, but they can all tell where YOU are)
    • Up x 1
  10. FateJH

I believe that not having the expectation of powering an implant 24/7 was actually somewhere within someone's specifications for the system. Ours or theirs, I can't remember.
  11. Prudentia

... There is not a single way you could be stupid enough to make 6 T1 implants into a single T1 implant....
    with 7 it would be possible to screw up and only end up with a single one if you don't read the 10 word Manual, but not with 6...o_O
    • Up x 2
  12. TheBlindFreak

Dang, dude. If you are just scraping the bottom of the barrel for an excuse to leave, just leave already. Hell, this isn't even a valid complaint. This implant system isn't p2w at all. It's not as good as the implant system from PS1, but it is in no way p2w.
    • Up x 2
  13. Jogido

Wait...How can certs be part of play to win when u can only earn certs with playing? Wouldn't that be "play to win" which is actually perfectly fine?

no offense, but if you can't beat somebody just cause they have an implant, it's probably not the game's fault.
    • Up x 2
  14. biterwylie

Cha Ching, Cha Ching, Cha Ching, Cha Ching

SOE ties up South Korean micro transaction plan :)

Not a penny coming out of my pockets for this.

Fascinating as Smedley said reference the new SOE zombie apocalypse game (sounds great btw) It's Micro transactions would not be p2W.
    • Up x 2
  15. Taemien

Holy crap, everyone BR2-100 is Paying to Win!

You all should be ashamed of yourselves for not rerolling after every base cap and kill!
  16. Lockerius

“Game has turned into pay to win whether it be certs or SC it is now pay to win.At least it has given me a reason to stop playing PS2,time to move on to a new game.”

That's why I come to PS2 forums, because I shouldn't be drinking as much as I do, so I substitute for a fine bottle of whine.
    • Up x 1
  17. FieldMarshall

Meanwhile, in Planetside 1 implants are awesome.
  18. LIKE A BOSS!

Actually he is still right....if he used 5 tier 1 implants shouldn't he have gotten a T2 instead of another T1. He does have a right to complain.
    • Up x 1
  19. doombro

1x3=1, duh. Haven't you been to school?
    • Up x 2
  20. Maelthra

He never specified whether he fused 5 T1 implants together at the same time or instead fused 3 together 2 times. The former should have given him a T2 implant, but the latter would have kept giving him a random T1 implant.