[Suggestion] Why do the empire's not have great themes like these?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdamRah, May 19, 2014.

1. SinerAthin

I really like the orchestral tune of the Terran Republic.

About the only other soundtrack I could think fitting them would perhaps be something like this:

Dramatic, bombastic and mighty.
    • Up x 1
  2. Taemien

I'd like to see more themes for more situations. Sort of like the adaptive battle music in EQ2. In EQ2 the song that plays when in combat is determined by the level difference between you and the target. If the level is low, its kinda low key. If its much higher than you it gets really intense. It also plays different sections of the track depending on the HP difference between you and the mob like if you're both low.. it goes to a fast paced beat with alot of chorus.

Something like that could be done in PS2. Maybe after you get a couple of kills in a row it starts playing a faction specific pumped up theme. Or when a base is switching back and forth it starts drumming up a good beat for everyone. Something to just increase the energy of the game. I mean how cool would it be if you did something great and music started playing. Its like having your own theme music. Who doesn't want that?
  3. Flashtirade

I actually like a lot of the travelling/down time themes, it's just that there's rarely an opportunity for them to play. If they would just let some of them play instead of the regular themes (like listening to the same deployment theme over and over again), it would add more ambiance that the game needs (Pikachu's glitched skies thing needs to be a feature).
  4. TheShrapnelKing

I'd like to say the Commissar hats settled the matter but I'm still not sure what he consensus - are the TR Space Soviets or Space Naz1s?
    If the former, can't get much more epic than this:
    Don't worry about ripping it off, pretty much no one born after 1990 has even bloody heard it unless they're Rocky fans.:p
    If the latter...well, the Naz1 anthem is too happy. We need something more....sinister....?
    Honestly though the TR have the best music as it is.
    The Vanu should just get the rights to this:
    I think "Power Core" (15:08 - 17:14) would be good as the deployment music, and "Katana" (30:42 - 33:07) would be a great travel tune. And for the base capture music...god there's too many possibilities.
  5. Tommyp2006

All TR players need to do is put this on repeat and they're good to go

6. Udnknome

For licensing reasons they had to create their own. With the Player's studio online they should allow players to create their own faction themes (and sell them ;) )
  7. MadKat

Don Ferrone absolutely amazed me with PlanetSide's music, really wish they brought him back for PlanetSide 2's. :oops:
    Here's his - I guess you could say - updated version of the NC main theme.

More here; http://www.donferronemusic.com/index.php?s=listen
  8. AdamRah

god that was euphoric!
  9. Torok

What about this one for TR character select theme.

Also mandatory because no Great themes thread can survive without it's presence

10. KnightCole

Or you could just redeploy and sit there...
  11. KnightCole

Yeah, it doesnt have enough sexual inuendos and lyrics about sex, relationships and breaking up...or busting caps in people's *****....which would be very 2014 style :eek:
  12. Cougarbrit

I thought 2014 style was all about Pharrell Williams and Austrian transexuals?
  13. Cougarbrit

More importantly, what are these newfangled whatsits under people's avatars now?

I'm a member, doesn't that mean I should have one of those snazzy All Access footers?
  14. KnightCole

Yeah, that Happy song.....It gives me the same feeling as being Tkd in game....I cant friggin stand that song...or any that play on the radio for that matter. Most are ******** and all are massively overplayed...

As for Austrian Trannies.....wut!?:eek:
  15. TriumphantJelly

Isn't this the NC music though? It's what I hear on my NC alt.
  16. Cougarbrit

I think an Austrian Tranny won this year's Eurovision.