[Reddit] Some information about Implants

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chipay, May 20, 2014.

1. Chipay

Repost from Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/25vqmp/some_information_about_implants/

Information from PTS 2014-05-18 and Cert prices from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl0Vi4lM6_0
    • The default implant is Enhanced Targeting, it displays a HUD health bar when aiming at spotted enemies and increases IFF range. It does consume 0.5 energy/second, like all T1 implants and is only availabe as T1.
    • T2 implants consume 0.75 energy/second.
    • T3 implants consume 1 energy/second.
    • Implants only consume energy when you are alive AND have them equipped in your active load out. It appears that even implants that don't work in vehicles consume energy while you are in a vehicle.
    • Some implants can be equipped for MAXes, including Battle Hardened, EOD HUD, Enhanced Targeting (default) and Marker.
    • Rules for combining/crafting implants
    • The Implant 3-pack includes 3 T1 implants with a chance of one of them being a T2 implant. The price is 100SC/125certs
    • The Implant 5-pack includes 5 T1 implants with a chance of including T2 implants. Receiving one implant twice seems common with the 5-pack. The price is 150SC/200certs
    • The Super Charger gives you 1000 energy and can only be crafted, this is done by combining a T1 and a T2 implant. I allows you to power a T1 implant for roughly 34 minutes, a T2 implant for roughly 22minutes and a T3 implant for roughly 17 minutes.
    • The Ultra Charger gives you 10000 energy, allowing you to power a T1 implant for roughly 5.5h, a T2 implant for roughly 3,7h and a T3 implant for roughly 2,8h. The price is 500SC/750certs, but it can also be crafted by combining a T2 and a T3 implant. Looking at the average SPM here it takes roughly 25 hours to earn those 750 certs for an average player.
    • Implants drop based on XP. According to Higby the loot system favors large XP events.
    According to Higby the current drop tuning is designed to allow average players (by raw, non-boosted xp gain, across all characters) to be able to maintain even tier 3 implants with drops alone.
    • Up x 3
  2. DQCraze

How many implants can be equipped at one time?
  3. Pikachu

• Up x 1
  4. DK22

Still sounds like some kinda SOE mind control to get more of my CC.
    but anyways, how many AA batteries do I need to power these things?
  5. Torok

Looks good on paper, one thing that I'm pretty sure we must expect is for the drop rate to be tweaked in future patches, after all I'm pretty sure they need the live servers stats in order to achieve their balance of drop chance.

So take it easy as you login, give it a week or so.

One charger is all you need, if you have multiple of them you can use them already to fill the battery, they do stack 1/1, so just play, drop some Implants, craft new implants with those you have in surplus and craft batteries when you're in need, take your time in order to reach the Tier 3 Implants, once you'll have "collected them all" you will just keep burning the ones in surplus for Chargers.
    Look at the "Help" screen for the Crafting requirements

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. Kronic

Per loadout.
  7. FateJH

What non-charger events charge energy, if any, e.g., can you log into the game with a full bar even if you logged out drained?
  8. Torok

AFAIK there's no such thing as what you just said, what Chipay said in the OP, possibly hints that if you're a subscriber and or got boosts you will also drop more Implants, large xp events are probably the 2x weekends and Alerts that give 20% xp bonus, etc. etc.

Yes 1 Implant per loadout, and you can change and remove them anytime, and just like any other slot of a Loadout, you'll have to resupply for it to apply.
  9. MarkAntony

This is really what will make or break this system. I am curious to see if this is actually gonna be the case....
    • Up x 3
  10. FateJH

So only chargers add any recharge to your energy (Power Core). Gotcha.
    • Up x 1
  11. Torok

I'm amazed at how diplomatic your post is after reading your Signature, props to you.
  12. MarkAntony

I still stand by that. But the one thing this ridiculous deathscreen thing has shown me is that people are so oblivious that it might not even matter.
    Other than that the implant system needs to maker it possible for F2P gamers to keep one up and running. Otherwise we'll loose players. And I want people to shoot at.
    • Up x 1
  13. Torok

Well said ^^
  14. BeyondNInja

The default implant seems like a complete waste of time - its a quality of life feature that used to be default.
    So much for the promise: "purchased implants will be a trade-off compared to the default so that people without an implant equipped aren't at a blanket disadvantage"

Additionally the whole system seems like an unnecessary cert/cash sink that doesn't actually add any additional meaning/enjoyment to the game. Everyone hates RNG levelling systems. ME3 multiplayer is the perfect example of how frustrating it gets.

EDIT: I don't care if you can power them using drops - its just going to feel like an unnecessary grind to obtain the one you want, and there will end up being an 'ultimate' cheap implant/loadout combination which everyone will use, thus defeating the point of having a range of implants or introducing them in the first place.
    • Up x 4
  15. Torok

A Complete waste of time?
    Hah my dear... that will be my most used Implant while driving a Lightning/Vanguard... Ohh you don't know what you're saying!
    The power behind knowing your opponent's vehicles hitpoints.
    • Up x 1
  16. Call-Me-Kenneth

no, by "event" he means exp income event, kills are about 100exp, tanks about 500. so killing and accomplishing tasks that reward a bigger lump of exp have better chance of being accompanied by a drop.

im assuming that the drops will be based off the base exp granted, otherwise having a subscription/boost/alert will grant you an absurd amount of drops... (!)

not to mention 2x weekends with boost, subscription and alert will yield about 700exp per infantry kill and about 2.2k+ per tank... (!!!)
    • Up x 1
  17. BeyondNInja

Last I heard I was under the impression that most of the implants didn't work while in vehicles - or was this fixed?

It might be worth it if it also included infantry shield strength and vehicle occupant numbers.
    Otherwise, 'Advanced IFF' can be worked around by spamming Q or just praying to Higby that vehicle faction colours render properly at range (I'm looking at you sunderers - I have fired on so many friendly sunderers in ESFs due to Q not working).
  18. Torok

I like what you're saying on the assumption based solely on the base exp granted, otherwise this would have been a selling point of the "All-Access Subscribe" and would feature in there as something like "More Implant drop chances!", which as far as I know isn't there on the Test server.
    Which is also good since we also have a statement saying that a freeplayer should be able to sustain his very own t3 implant just with drops alone.

Looks good to me!

Uhm last time I tested it in the PTS Virtual Reality I could see the vehicles healtbar when in my Vehicle.
    So it should do
  19. TriumphantJelly

This gives lib farming a PURPOSE. God help us all.
  20. Eyeklops

Honestly, they should have put a toggle in for implants. I really wanted to control when it's on and using energy like in PS1. Now going AFK becomes a PITA because to save implant juice I'll have to redeploy (and loose my position in the field) or run to a terminal and equip a non-implant loadout (also loosing my position in the field). No on/off toggle for implants is a bad design IMO.
    • Up x 1