Why does NC get all factions "specific" weapons?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by T0x1s, May 17, 2014.

1. minhalexus

Actually I myself used to say that Gauss SAW should not be default gun. (now I just dont care)
    EM6 is a much better option for starters.

LMGs are a whole different topic BTW.
    TR still has the MCG and Carv, MCG being the fastest max RoF, and Carv being the fastest RoF on LMGs with the Orion.

TRs do not have to pay to get the fastest firing LMG in the game with 750 Rpm.

TR gets the fastest fring SMG,LMG,AR,Carbines so I really do not see what the problem is.
    NC gets the most damage for SMG,LMG,AR, and carbines accordingly.

Keep in mind that DPS is not a TR trait, any faction can have it in different ways.

-40m engagements are basically the only engagements that occur in Planetside 2 when everyone is not using a sniper or BR or vehicle.

Cougar is not a bad gun in what it does, the only thing is that it sucks within the -40m range in which nearly all of the battle takes place. Therefore it is not very popular and I would not recommend that you buy it.

At this point, TR have a decent/good ranged carbine and a AR.
    They only lack a ranged LMG that compares to the Gauss SAW, although their ranged LMG is not bad overall.
    But again, NC lacks a CQC LMG too that can compare to Carv and Orion.
    • Up x 3
  2. TriumphantJelly

So the NC get NC, VS and TR faction traits, the TR would then get TR and VS traits, and VS barely get VS (and on some weapons, TR) traits.
  3. hawken is better

We were laughing about that the other night on Scourge's stream. The NC has the most diverse weapon selection in the game (while also having a monopoly on an entire damage class), yet they still shed tears over other faction's weapons. Don't pay them any mind.
    • Up x 1
  4. Goretzu

NC players have been asking since the day the game went Live for the EM6 or GD-22 to be the default LMG, not the NC6 - what you fail to realise is that this would be a significant BUFF to the NC, not a nerf. :confused:

This is nonsense, it has bullet drop, it actually is less effective than the top tier old default sniper rifles out to 400m (unfortunately for it infantry only render to 300m) and that delay is a pain. Basically the Longshot is a better weapon (and every faction has a Longshot equiverlents).

Again completely untrue, most TR weapons are 143+, but then TR weapons have VASTLY HIGHER ROF (and slighly DPS mostly) than NC weapons.

Take Carbines - every TR Carbine (but one) has higher RoF than every NC carbine (but one).

Or LMGs - every NC LMG (but one) has a lower RoF than every TR LMG (but one).

It's not like the NC have a lot of high RoF/low DPB weapons, or at least no more than the TR have low RoF/highDPB weapons.
  5. Kanil

Why do the TR complain about the GD-7F and Razor but only rarely mention the Serpent and Pulsar C?

I really don't understand that.
    • Up x 2
  6. TriumphantJelly

So the NC get NC, VS and TR faction traits, the TR would then get TR and VS traits, and VS barely get VS (and on some weapons, TR) traits.
  7. T0x1s

I am not focusing on the gd 7f. I only mentioned it as an example. This weapon is an answer for our jaguar/lynx. And it matches that role pretty good. I can accept that and lets move on. Ok so lynx/Jaguar is a typical TR Guns. NC gets weapons that can match up to these. But where is our weapons to match up your high damage weapons? You say shotgun is NC trait and everyone is getting that. You also have high damage trait that we don't have. Same with the smg. You get a copy of our weapons. Do we get that? NO!
    And don't come with the NS jackhammer ********. That thing is not even close to the jackhammer. Also if it matches the jackhammer when it comes out it will get a hard nerf.
  8. Goretzu

Historically (with the orginal Flinch mechanic) NC and VS needed high RoF CQB weapons (because Flinch favoured high RoF absolutely - it and the game still favours high RoF, but much less so these days) - it could be changed now (from a 143/845 to a 167/700 ish GD-7F), but then it was needed.

The Baron is largely a JH without triple shot, but with slugs (i.e. what many would want a JH to be).

But again NC weapons DON'T have high RoF, the odd ones do, just like the odd TR weapon has lower RoF and higher DPBullet.
    • Up x 1
  9. OddChelsea

TMG-50, Cougar, SABR, do these weapons not exist? Stop complaining that you don't have high damage guns, because you do. The Baron is pretty damn close to the jackie, slightly worse but that is as it should be. It's fair to call it an NS jackhammer but I don't think it shouldn't exist now. It's basically pretty close to the jackhammer in semi auto, that's all most NC use anyways for good reasons. Burst is unreliable at best.
    • Up x 2
  10. IamDH

Ok, lets look at the ES NC weapons

Jackhammer
    Phoenix
    Enforcer
    Canister
    Airhammer
    Desperado
    Railjack

Aside from the Depserado, your claim is pretty false. I do see what you mean towards infantry weapons but definitely not ES ones and i sort of agree with you. I'm fairly certain TR have as much high dmg guns as NC do high RoF ones(not that sure tho) however the main traits remain the same in general
  11. minhalexus

NC does not get RoF to match up to these.

GD-7F has 845 RoF
    Lynx has 909 RoF

Blitz has 845 RoF
    Armstice has 896 RoF

GR 22 has 800 RoF
    Cycler TRV has 845

EM1 has 652 RoF
    Carv has 750 RoF

No the NC does not match up to TR in terms of RoF.

I can only agree with you about the blitz and nothing else. NC should have a 143@750 SMG and not a 125 @ 845.
    TR gets Cougar, Sabr and TMG for their high damage carbines.

NS Baron is more or less the same as the Jackhammer.

TR should actually get an automatic pistol with lots of magazine size.
    VS should get a AoE pistol.

Burst fire should ideally be an NC trait.
    In this case its actually the TR getting an NC trait on both the Repeater and the Emperor.

Burst fire is the reason NC has Scatmaxes, Railjack, Jackhammer, Canister, and Airhammer also the Vortek. Its why our MBT main is bad at farming infantry. Most NC LMGs have a pretty high CoF, so Burst fire is also necessary there.

If you really want a high single shot secondary, then get the commissioner.
    • Up x 1
  12. Kaktwox

The devs have proven time and time again that they have absolutely no idea how to balance the game while trying to maintain a sense of identity among the factions. Fortunately for NC they tend to get favored and are given access to a much greater variety of weapons then the VS or TR.
  13. Tbone

"NC players have been asking since the day the game went Live for the EM6 or GD-22 to be the default LMG, not the NC6 - what you fail to realise is that this would be a significant BUFF to the NC, not a nerf."

I don't want to nerf anything i just don't understand that why are the NC get the tip top dmg gun(gauss saw is good)and us don't?
    And why should the GD-22s or the EM6 would be a buff??I don't think they are that much better guns than the God Saw.
  14. Tbone

"TR still has the MCG and Carv, MCG being the fastest max RoF, and Carv being the fastest RoF on LMGs with the Orion."

Yepp you are right.I see now.
  15. FactionTraitsFTW

This
  16. Phyr

Why do you guys keep harping on the alpha model? It's a completely generic weapon model, you guys only like it because it's different.
  17. minhalexus

EM6 would be a buff because it is much easier to use.

They are not better guns to use but since they are easier to use, newbie NCs will perform better with these guns.
    So it will make newbie players better which indirectly buffs the NC.

And i actually want this to happen, Gauss Saw should not be default gun the EM6 should fit this niche.

GD-22s will be better than the Gauss SAW because literally all it needs to be good is a x2 scope.
    While the GOD saw needs a HVA, compensator and x2 scope to be good. With foregrip as optional.

But I think EM6 is a better option for starters because it has a 100 round mag unlike the GD-22s.
    And you get 200 round mag with exmags.
    • Up x 1
  18. RyanGUK

Okay, you can have all your "faction specific" weapons back and we'll take our shotguns back.

Everybody knows NC is the shotgun faction so why should any other faction have shotguns?

Lets see how this game plays out for you.
  19. OddChelsea

You don't get the highest damage per bullet gun because you didn't join the high damage per bullet faction. Once again just like we don't get the highest mag size on most guns and like we don't have the highest RoF on our guns.
    • Up x 1
  20. BillBoBaggins

So you are telling me if you aim at a target 30+m away and go full auto and not moving mouse, your aim will not rise? You either using some macro or just talking rubbish.