What do u perfer?Farming in the same stalemate or blowing up a Sundy n changing the Tides of war!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, May 17, 2014.

1. Teshrrar

Destroy the sundy, push the enemy and win battles for the TR. If the enemy disappear because that, I assume they are weak and go do something else or play other game feeling which TR won. It is what this game is about.

Sometimes I think if the experience/cert is a good idea for a war game. We should gain points doing something for the faction, not "farming" for ourselves. The lack of commitment which we have in PS2 make some game sessions boring.
  2. TheFamilyGhost

The best fights have ebb and flow, no matter where they are.

This is why open bases were so important. With these walled off rat mazes we have now, a lot of fights seem to degenerate in corner spamming.
  3. DrPapaPenguin

If it's a decent enough fight of course I'll farm.
  4. Iridar51

I blow up enemy sundies whenever I can, though I can't even explain why. It's not like I need to protect the bases, nor I want to end the battle.
  5. ronjahn

I usually go for for the Sunderer's. It's a lot of fun finding different ways to blow them up, but I usually wait until an opportune moment to do it.

My harasser gunner and I have taken a liking to dropping each other off with tank mines. It's usually pretty hilarious when the driver mows down 3-5 people on the way in and gunner hops out to blow it up while people are confused and respawning. Just make sure to talk to each other an accept that the gunner might not be getting back into the harasser.

An entire squad of wraith fury flashes is also a pretty hilarious way to take out a sundy :)
  6. Devrailis

Good man.
  7. Tommyp2006

At some point in my nearly 1500 hours of this game, I realized that territory capture is nothing more than a means to move the farm to another point of the map. So I'll just stick to blowing up a sundy if there's another one nearby or if it's the current best source of certs. Of course if I am running with my outfit in an op, that's different.
  8. Makora

I always want to see the fight concluded. I hate long drawn out base fights and I always push to get the enemy spawns crushed ASAP.
    Sure some of my friends cuss me out on "ruining a perfectly good farm" but damn it, I'm here to WIN not kill that one BR10 over and over again.

I honestly think my way is more humane.
  9. doombro

For me, it's always blowing up the sunderer.

If that stops the fight, its the enemy's fault for only bringing one AMS.
  10. Snicklefritzll

I'll farm for a bit before blowing up the Sundy, but only if the fight is good

I'll never farm kills right on top of the Sundy though, cuz man that sh*t sucks when your killed by an Infiltrator the second you spawn and they have zero means of destroying the Sundy
  11. EvilKoala

Preferably both.. Long, drawn out, back and forth battles between two bases are what make this game really stand out.
  12. MrMindyMind

I usually try to blow up the sudys when the battle gets tedious and lasts for way too long.
  13. Call-Me-Kenneth

AP Vanguard driver here. i love showing up to the farm and killing all the sunderers.
  14. The Rogue Wolf

Static fights are boring. I like to move, to push and be pushed, to see the terrain and situation change.

If you like shooting galleries where you don't have to exercise any actual skill, and prefer to sit in one spot and watch numbers increase, that's fine. Just don't get angry at me when I decide I want more.
    • Up x 1
  15. nonrg1

if its an even ( 24-48 vs 25-48) fight theres like an understood treaty, no one blows up the sundy but if reinforcments arrive for either team, then its every faction for themselves
  16. MykeMichail

I never really 'farm', despite many people's belief the contrary.

I find that pushing the objective forces then enemy to respond to you and brings them right to you anyway, so there's really no point in sitting around doing nothing but getting kills.

I'd rather blow up that sunderer that people are farming (for a whole 30 xp per kill!) and get on with moving on to the next base.

When my side isn't gaining territory, I feel like I'm making no progress. At first I thought I only felt this way because my main is BR100 and has almost everything important in the game unlocked. But after playing my lower battleranked characters a lot more recently, I still find that without territory advancement, I get frustrated and bored.

The objective of the game is to gain territory and if I'm not doing that I feel like I'm failing.

That's not even mentioning the fact that farming is boring. In no way do the interesting firefights that arise when you push the objective happen when you're just farming.
    • Up x 1
  17. Alarox

People who only farm infantry are silly. If you just blow up all the vehicles you generate much higher score/hour.
  18. PWGuy93

You call it farming, I would like to call them battles but in this game actual battles are rare and "the zerg" is common place and that might be the definition of farming for PS2.

I don't like farming, I want well matched opponents.
    Blowing up a sunderer isn't rewarding.
    How about other choices?