Friday Night Ops - Webcast Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Luperza Community Manager

It's already on YouTube. ;) Check it out:
  2. Maton41

So the next show, is there a chance that we get a community panel again to talk about fancy, assassination moves with knifes and/or melee weapons?

There is a discussion about how assassination moves could be like in suggestion section.
  3. Jaedrik

The next show panel should be about balance and the new weapons.
    Also, I would like there to be (I could not participate, as I am a lowly BR43 scrub :3) a show panel about challenging established design conventions/directions, such as "MBTs cannot separate main gunner and driver," mandated by Higby, or addressing challenging questions such as "TR's Cone of Fire mechanics are of questionable merit," and "The art design of the Prowler is unsatisfactory," without reserve and with boundless confidence as to the most radical solutions possible that call the entrenched positions and their premises into question.

I remember when Luperza challenged someone as to how some mechanic a panelist suggested to help the Harasser would be apparent to new players, and I was raging internally because of the limp noodle answer that was given. Not that they should be hot-headed and confrontational, I don't want that at all, but it was incredibly apparent to me, the one who was not under pressure by being on the show, that there was a grand hypocrisy of numerous mechanics in PS2 which are nowhere near apparent to the new player. Which isn't really a solution, mind, but the question's implications were off.

Oh, and, of course, a panel with the SOE people who do cross-faction balance, if anyone does, because as Luperza said one night, nobody wants to do it because it's scary :p

Not to say that y'all aren't doing a great job already. I enjoy the panels as they are often provocative and provide neat ideas and solutions. They're just. . . not the questions and solutions I want to be asked and answered.
  4. Rothnang

Anyone can be on the panel, there is no requirement for being particularly high battle-rank. The only reason why you see tons of people who are BR100s and top rated players on there is because unfortunately most people who are more average lack the confidence to state their opinions on the game, or actually believe that their opinions aren't important or valid. A lot of people never speak up from a standpoint of "As someone who isn't good at ___ my experience with it is ____", however, that is feedback the devs need just as much, if not more, than the feedback from highly competitive players who can make any system work for themselves.

If you have ideas for panels or want to participate you can. Every member of the community is uniquely qualified to describe their own experience, and everyone's experience matters.
    • Up x 2
  5. jefpablo

i like all of these so far... but when do you start discussing how you are cleaning up the cheaters?
    when was the last time anyone in SOE make a sweep for cheaters?
  6. MagnumMack

Will there be any discussion about why the 64-bit issue can't be resolved or at least pulled and replaced with 32 until it is properly managed?
  7. Luperza Community Manager

We are always 24/7 cleaning up cheaters. If you suspect anyone, please contact our Customer Service Team at or on Twitter @SOEHelp.

I'll see if RadarX can address this. He did speak about it in prior episodes very briefly.
  8. Maton41

So, will FNO put up any Flash/Harasser race in the coming weeks?
  9. Luperza Community Manager

I believe there's something of this sort in the works. :)

You're always welcome to start up an event and submit it!
  10. Dotz0r

Says on episode 67 that we can make our own panels.

I suggest a SS panel made up of all the different Server Representatives - Let them banter about their servers / talk about them.

*cough cough miller serverbest server*
  11. shaql

Maggie, when will FNO come to PTS? you could spotlight some of the best outfits, such as [FTW] or [BuGs]!
  12. Dotz0r

Shaql is the best faction on PTS.
    • Up x 1
  13. Luperza Community Manager

Fill out the Discussion Panel Submission form here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-is-this-friday-night-ops-you-speak-of.17664/ ;)

Put in a submission form for your outfit. :) https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-is-this-friday-night-ops-you-speak-of.17664/
  14. Gabe1513

I have a lot of questions
    1. Is this the thing i see on YouTube? (I hope I am in the right place)
    2. The episode that came out yesterday (July 29) shows new maps. (Prototypes) there was a editing software he was using that he said was "homemade" for PS2. My question is can you guys release this editing software so that the community can build and submit maps kind of like you do with the masks right now? I think that the more ideas that are on the table the better for these maps, also I am not saying let the community just flat out build the maps, I am saying that they lay-down groundwork for the experts to tweak and change (and give feed back via stream kinda like the masks). This way we can get more new maps that are better then they ever could be because they have 100 more minds working on them.
    3. What program do you guys use to acutely design the building? (not lay it out on the terrain) is this software also homegrown?
    4.if the answer to question 2 is no, is there any way to help with making new maps?
    Thank you for your time,
    Gabe
  15. Luperza Community Manager

Friday Night Ops has some episodes on YT. I don't handle the uploading/making them go live, so that is on the Social Team. I definitely have them cut and ready to go after each show though. (Once they are uploaded, I add them to the corresponding thread for the episode.)

Are you talking about a different show? PS2FNO doesn't use anything like that. I'm guessing you're talking about the Terrain Editor that is used during the Work in Progress episodes (which are also on our YT channel). If so, that is not currently for public use and is an internal tool that we created.

Again, you're talking about a different show. This thread is for PS2FNO not Work in Progress. I don't have details on your question though. Sorry. :)

Currently, just provide your feedback during Work in Progress and on the forums.
  16. shaql

17. Luperza Community Manager

We would like to avoid doing any public events for PS2FNO on PTS as it is not intended to be a server used for large events and being spotlighted on PS2FNO usually brings large crowds.

The usage of Jaeger is not something the public has access to. You will need to speak to your Community Manager and coordinate things through them and we'll work something out if said event is requested to be spotlighted on PS2FNO.
  18. Anchor IV

Less friday night ops, more content.
  19. Luperza Community Manager

You do realize I don't work on the game, right? :p
    • Up x 3
  20. DatVanuMan

I am new to all these "teamwork" (BLEH) events. However, how does one join FNO? Is it a PTS thing?