Having a good fight?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Crashsplash, May 16, 2014.

1. Crashsplash

Don't worry a liberator or two will be along soon to ruin it.

Yes, another liberator moan thread. There's nothing good about these.

We've asked for ages to keep fights inside bases as infantry fights and I thought that had been achieved on Amerish but the farmers seem to have simply switched from tanks to libiltraitors.

You even get a variant. Lib tourists. They move from one fight to another and back again, ruining each one as they go and no doubt congratulating themselves along the way.

If you're not in a lib the fight is boring. If you are in a lib I bet the fight is boring too.
    • Up x 5
  2. Shinn

Heheh, I think we might need a 'Liberator moaning threads' subforum at this rate XD

I don't really mind Libs all that much - certainly I find myself being killed by those annoying Infiltrators *waaaay* more than Libs (I don't tend to spawn vehicles other than Sundies - mostly play as Infantry). Things are likely different depending on server though.
    • Up x 3
  3. JackD

Normaly i would respond with a long describtion of why Libs arent OP, but iam tyred today so just l2p.
    • Up x 9
  4. FishMcCool

Sorry, it's rocket-against-infantry-week. Check out on monday to see if lib-week has returned.
    • Up x 21
  5. TheFamilyGhost

I lol'd.

The amount of crying in these forums is off the charts. Seriously, how old are these people? THEY RUN TO THE FORUMS TO SCREAM ABOUT WHATEVER KILLS THEM.
    • Up x 8
  6. GeneralPeragorn

Firstly, I am bored with this, so this will be the last lib thread I reply to. Secondly, despite me believing that libs right now too powerful and need a slight, read slight, nerf, fights should not be separate because pure infantry players want them to be.
    • Up x 2
  7. Ronin Oni

lol indeed
    • Up x 1
  8. dstock

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    • Up x 1
  9. LibertyRevolution

I still die more to rocketpods than I do to liberators..

Maybe it is because when I see a lib coming and I don't have 3 other guys with rocket launchers, I just stay inside buildings..
    Don't be that one guy shooting at a lib with rockets, you are just going to get dead over and over until you ragequit...

I still try and solo ESF with my decimator.. and it usually ends in me eating a face full of rocketpods.. someday I will learn...
    • Up x 1
  10. DQCraze

See, we think differently. I'm more of a "the glass is half full kind of guy." When I see a lib float in I'm like sweet a floating cert balloon. Lib + 2-3 kills.
    • Up x 3
  11. ABATTLEDONKEY

IF you want inf only fights, there are a dozen top brand games that offer that. OR you could fight in a bio-lab, a vanu archives, or heck, most of Esamir. Other than that you may have to accept the fact that every now and again, there is going to be other aspects of this game which will come into play and you will probably have to interact with them (armor and air)
    • Up x 1
  12. z1967

Please, everyone who sees this cert out a battle flash and start killing everyone with it. I really want to see something other than a Lib nerf thread for awhile.
    • Up x 2
  13. Crashsplash

Now this is a fair enough opinion.

At least it required a little more thought than either l2p or something about being hit by a door when exiting - that person clearly hasn't realised that there are no doors in ps2.

And I have to say I've been guilty of farming a bit. Ok a lot then at times. Up until last October you would often find me in a prowler looking for that sweet spot on the ground (if you can't spell you can pretend I wrote 'suite') to position my tank to camp spawns and towers.

But, at the same time I knew that what I was doing wasn't healthy for the overall game and I argued that base designs needed to change to make them less camp-happy. So, if you like I sinned, I am a sinner but I have repented and I have atoned.

After October I stopped playing but returned in March when new Amerish came out. Since March I've played 100% infantry with a little max thrown in from time to time.

I've always said that all there needs to be space for all types of fighting but that the proper place for vehicle fighting is outside the bases. I've never been one who bothered much about empire balance, Higby and his data miner can do that a lot better than I can, but I've always been concerned about the balance between air, ground and infantry and at present in the smaller fights air (liberators) are too dominant and suppressive of any ground gameplay.

I expect the difficulty for the devs is this effect really only makes itself knows at the smaller fights, probably outside of prime-time. I have heard that liberators are not such a problem in large fights. I have no idea how Higby and Kevmoo can address this issue without over-nerfing.
  14. BillBoBaggins

Libs are not the problem it is the ESF and the ability to ground pound. ESF should only be air to air and Libs for ground pounding targets.
    • Up x 1
  15. Crashsplash

Yea. There's no point trying to head-butt libs and esf's. At least you can chase esf's away. My standard inf loadout now contains the grounder.

I've also got AA max fully certed, but **** that is boring.
  16. Ronin Oni

#1: use your default. The velocity and less drop will be your friend.

#2: It's totally worth it when you land your rocket. Makes you want to run up, find their smoking corpse, and rub your genitalia inappropriately all over them (is there an appropriate way to do that? :p ) but of course you need to run back in cover cause another ESF is inbound with more rockets
  17. Akeita

Totally deserve it. Peasant.
  18. Ronin Oni

ESF ground pounders really aren't that bad. They're much more easily countered by ground based AA than Libs are.

Ground based AA can work against Libs too, but they aren't the most effective encounter. Lib hunter geared ESF's are, however, quite effective.
  19. Robes

Combined. Arms.
    • Up x 3
  20. Crashsplash

:)

ouch my ears