Freaking Bored

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EazyDuzIt, May 14, 2014.

1. EazyDuzIt

Give us some new content soon... and I don't need to hear the join an outfit, play different roles, blah blah blah crap, I'm in one, I do play every class and drive every vehicle. Its just the same old fights at the same old bases against the same old zergs. The game is stable, framerates are up, but player interest is waaaaay down. Its because there is nothing new and there is no point to taking bases. Oh weee, an alert. So freaking what? Its ultimately pointless. There is no metagame...no purpose... "Oh hey, I have an icon that points me to the next base on the lattice line, I guess we should go there." What a joke.

The players shouldn't be the ones to have to work hard on organizing and teaching other players in order to make the game fun and competitive. It should be built into the god damn game with tools available to leaders to better organize each other against their enemy. There is so much potential for this game to be incredible and long lasting but if the last year of disappointments is a hint about this game's future, then it's screwed.

Get it together SOE. Your player base is dwindling and players like myself and many in my outfit are wondering where everyone is going. We're hoping that something changes soon or our favorite hobby is going to be a thing of the past that we talk about while playing some other game whose devs figured out how to keep our interest.

"Hey guys, remember playing Planetside 2?"
    "Yeah, that game was fun for a minute, but then it just stalled and never became the game we all hoped it would be."
    "Huh, I wonder what Higby is doing now...?"
    "Probably collecting unemployment."
  2. EvilKoala

Take a break.. for 2 years.
  3. Verviedi

What is this metagame you speak of?
    • Up x 1
  4. Paragon Exile

It's not like every other multiplayer FPS has limited content, limited maps or meaningless content... owait.
    • Up x 7
  5. Pikachu

Silence! You have 'eaten' too much VSIBIS.
    • Up x 2
  6. TheFamilyGhost

Want content? Tell the nerfbabies to go away.

The nerfbabies have SOE chasing their tail to the extent that they may never get proper resources allocated to content.
    • Up x 2
  7. Bankrotas

In my experience of trying to find an answer to this question through playing PS1, talking to nostalgia glasses wearing PS1 vets and letting them show it, metagame is series of tedious mechanics, that if not observed and taken care of, can seriously impair main combat gameplay to your or other factions.
    • Up x 1
  8. iMartyr

Sounds like they've made their own meta game
    • Up x 2
  9. Bonom Denej

Ressource revamp should be a huge change in the way we play the games, and them when Hossin and the continental lattice are introduce, it's going to be even more different.

It'll take time, but it'll come. Until them, I'm patient and having fun when I play, I'm far from being bored with only 150 hours on my character.
  10. sucoon

after WDS, especialy on VS underpoped Cobalt there are every day the same Zergfights on Indar. 10% pop at esamir and amerish. every day holing pass, quarzrich and alatum biolab horay!

in combination with the lag an dysinc problems (often up to 1-2s desync) most of my outfit change the server or quit game.
  11. Nerp

Start flying a lot, it's a whole new game :eek:
  12. FateJH

There's only so much appreciable randomness that can be introduced to a simulated environment while preserving the purpose or impression of the simulation.
  13. MorganM

Resource revamp won't make people less bored. I really don't see continental lattice as being a huge game changer. It's the same mechanics we have now applied across continents; just another couple bases and lattice links. We need CONTENT.
    - Hossin
    - That new aircraft they teased us with
    - Implants
    - A REAL mission system that involves players interacting with one another and more objectives than 'take the base you were already going to take anyway, here's an arrow and a large icon to obscure your long distance vision and map!'
  14. Danath

Lots of starts :D
    • Up x 1
  15. Bonom Denej

We have completely different view about what the game needs right now. You think it needs content, I think it needs a purpose.

Right now, we need to have a goal to achieve. The continental lattice (and Hossin) and the ressource revamp will help bring that "meta" people are asking for. Also, the mission system right now is the first phase of something much bigger (and they told us that since the beginning, this is just the start), allowing better control and operations guided by outfits.

As far as content goes : implants are coming really soon. The Valkyrie can wait, we have plenty of vehicle option right now. Hossin will come with the continental lattice or slightly before.
    • Up x 1
  16. z1967

Have you ever held off a MAX crash with a Flash Kobalt? Then you haven't tried everything (PS: Works for as long as those Falcon MAXes don't see you :D)
  17. ABATTLEDONKEY

Im pretty sure that was the point of the OP. PS2 is supposed to be a revolutionary means of playing FPS. it was supposed to change the way we view FPS's and be a game which was so significant, and so different that it would maintain a player base, and thus support (as promised by SOE) for 10 years. Instead we got the exact same, watered down garbage that we can get in any other FPS on the market. the ONLY difference, is scale. in this game, instead of a loading screen on a specific map, there is a short walk, or sundy ride, and your back to the same condensed, spamfest that is any other FPS.

PS2 has got to be the biggest let down of any game that I personally have ever seen. With all of the potential, and all of the promises, PS2 has reverted back to the same generic gamplay as ANY OTHER FPS. I played PS2 since BETA, and Im done with it simply because I have completely lost faith in this Dev teams ability to produce results.
  18. z1967

Well if they had been given more time the game would have been much better.
  19. Tuco

Every base has the same places to camp at, the same place to park your sunderer, the same place to hide from enemy fire, the same places the enemy reinforces from, the same place to spawn at; every base battle is the same.

Too bad we don't have the PS1 AMS, PS1 mines, PS1 spitfires, PS1 motion detector; every battle was different.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tuco