There IS an /afk command.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by a4555in, May 12, 2014.

1. a4555in

Type /afk in your chat, and the next person to whisper you will get an automated message saying you are afk.
    WHY THE HIGBY IS THIS NOT IN THE COMMAND LIST I JUST FOUND THIS OUT BY PURE CHANCE:eek:
    • Up x 7
  2. Badname707

There's a lot of stuff out there like that. They really need to make a manual, or something.
    • Up x 5
  3. HLM

Interesting. Can you confirm whether or not you still get automatically kicked from the game when using it? Kind of dumb if you do..
  4. HellasVagabond

Would be nice if you could use that command and noone could kill you while away....Has happened to me a few times, having to answer the door and by the time i get back BAM ! :(
  5. a4555in

What else is there? Somebody told me some time ago there was a /who command, but it was "fixed" i.e. removed in some recent patch.
    • Up x 2
  6. Prudentia

There is also a command to create custom voice channels ingame. tough i forgot the commands for that. and that SHOULD be in the list. if they want People to use ingame comms they should allow communication with selected People for coordination.
    • Up x 3
  7. Badname707

You can invite entire squads into your platoon by squad/platoon inviting another squad leader.
    • Up x 2
  8. NovaAustralis

the /afk command doesn't stop you from timing out due to lack of activity (likely because you are... AFK :rolleyes: )...
    so I stopped using it.
    (unless they've changed it recently...)

the /who command was fantastic in a big fight, you could see all the players in that hex on the enemy side, including your nemesis!
    (Real pity they removed it, but maybe it was being abused for griefing.
    In fact I'm pretty sure a TK'ing troll used it to track and harass me a long time back...)
    • Up x 1
  9. eldarfalcongravtank

and there's still no simple /teamsay command that lets you discuss tactics with your whole faction on the continent without the enemies listening in :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  10. Goretzu

I remember when games had those. :eek:
  11. FateJH

That's called the Command Comm. Channel squad leader certification.
  12. Regpuppy

Orders chat if you're a squad leader, to communicate to the whole faction on a continent. Region to communicate with your faction within a hex.

I really wish people would use /re more, instead of blurting virtually everything on /y
    • Up x 1
  13. eldarfalcongravtank

i am aware of these options. but they are still not sufficient

/orders - only for squadleaders, not everyone can reply/use
    /region - only teammates in that specific hex can read
    /y - enemy can listen in

so again i ask what speaks against a simple /teamsay that sends a message to all allies on the continent?
    • Up x 3
  14. Prudentia

the game doesn't save /re like it does with /say /y /s /p or /o. so it's really fiddely to talk in /re as you always have to remove the previous command that got saved and then type /re before the message
  15. DQCraze

I really don't want people blurting stuff like there's a lib here or a tank there. Also giving orders out when they have no clue about meta game and the impact of attacking certain territories and why you shouldn't do things. Most people that do this in orders make themselves look really stupid to the entire faction.

I listen to command chat occasionally during alerts. You have enough people making complete idiots out of themselves on there. The only reason I listen to it now is to know where everyone is going so we don't end up with a 48+ when 24 will do.
    • Up x 1
  16. FateJH

Everyone in your faction in a hex/base can read the /re text. Any player can use it. It is exactly what you want within that sphere of influence.

I don't think you should worry about the rest of the continent so much if you're just going to run around on your own, or are content to trudge around within someone else's squad or platoon.
  17. xekktar

The /observer command is black magic:

(starts @ 1:20)
  18. Regpuppy

Surprising amount of games with annoying chat behavior, so I guess I got use to typing things in before every message.
  19. Trudriban

This is both a legitimate PSA as well as a very useful one
    [IMG]
    Bless you OP
    • Up x 2
  20. HLM

Damnit, I could have definitely used this as an easy way to tell when I am and not allowed to pull my Mossie on any given continent.
    • Up x 1