2 game-mechanics that should be changed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by minhalexus, May 11, 2014.

1. minhalexus

These two have been bothering me for a long while now. One of them has been mentioned for quite a while now.

1) Rocketlaunching to get infantry kills
    2) Redeploying while using a class ability

Some solutions have already been suggested for the 1), I personally would like to see a slight drop in the rocket when fired, but an overall MV increase. The rocket should kill the user, if he uses it in a CQC situation.

No. 2) has been bothering me a lot. Seriously, its not funny that LA's are allowed to bail out from aircrafts, and not only live but avoid a potential death.
    This game-mechanic is abused by high BR players who care A LOT about their KD ratios.

And then there is the infiltrator redeploying while being cloaked, thus avoiding a potential death.

Simple solution for No. 2:-

Cancel redeploy if a class ability is activated. (no jump-jets or cloaking)

Next time I kill a BR 100 in the air, his chances of surviving should be very slim.
  2. LibertyRevolution

If you killed a BR100 in the air, then he would be dead, and he would have 0 chance of surviving... ;)

I think your complaint is that you couldn't kill him before he could bail out of his aircraft to safety.. which is not really a valid complaint.
    All aircraft have ejection seats as an option.. So saying it is unfair for them to bail as Light Assault isn't really valid..
    Tankers and vehicle drivers don't stay and die in their vehicle when it is burning, not sure why you expect pilots to..

Far as cloakers redeploying cloaked..
    Yeah that is kind of annoying, but if that is what they have to do to pad their K/D so they can sleep at night, I feel sorry for them.
    • Up x 3
  3. MGAMIKA

What! people redeploy and not charge into the enemy....
    Maybe charging into the enemies is a tactic I should stop doing...

Nah too much fun, also sometimes (rare, but happens) I do need to redeploy, because I did not die from a suicide charge :(.

Also OP why not shoot the LA out of the air
    Note I am a bail Assault, but I do so to get more air time. Also have a chance to take out the ESF that attacked me. Most of the times I die, is when they shoot me out of the sky (Briggs is nasty for it :cool:).
  4. minhalexus

My complaint is that LAs can redeploy before hitting the ground.
    Which I do not think is fair.

LAs should be allowed to bail out of its aircrafts to safety as in they should be allowed to live without dying to gravity. But they should not be allowed to redeploy while flying.

Jumpjets are like the better version of ejection system, since you can stay in the air for longer periods. You only need to hold on for 10 seconds, which is pretty low.

If i destroy a ESF, I deserve a decent chance to kill the pilot. (killing him in the air during that 10 seconds is not enough)

I really do not see how this would be unfair.

My complain is not about LA's bailing out and surviving gravity, rather it is that they can redeploy in the air, a place where it is nearly impossible to shoot down the LA. (in a realistic situation)

I'm not denying that i can shoot the bail assault out of the sky, but the chances of it are wayy too slim, and its wayy too risky to do so if there is even a slight bit of interference.

Bail assaults should only be able to survive death by gravity, nothing else.

I'm totally fine with LA's bailing out, touching the ground safetly, finding cover and then redeploying.
    But redeploying in the air is just a bad mechanic IMO.
  5. doombro

I guess I'll say these while I'm still on the PS1 overrating bandwagon;

1. Change the way shields work. Instead of being a flat health bonus, make it a damage mitigator with different resistance values. Or just give it different resistance values to begin with.

2. Separate exiting a vehicle and bailing from a vehicle. Make it so that bailing from a vehicle doesn't work after a certain damage threshold. In PS1, If you tried to bail from a heavily damaged aircraft, it would usually tell you: "Ejection seat damaged", or something to that effect.
    • Up x 1
  6. MGAMIKA

Yeah redeploying in mid air is stupid and rude (I only start redeployment 1 sec before hitting the ground, not high up).
    They remove it and that would be nice, but won't happen (too much complaints either way).

As a side note, yesterday I managed to survive (till I hit the ground) and win against another ESF that had the drop on me. Only because I got him to smoking, while I was flaming I bailed turned around and shot him down with my Bandit and JJ's as he tried to kill me. (Pump actions are much better at Anti ESF work).

Reavers hitbox and Vthrust (and bailing) also helps at removing chasing pilots from the air...
  7. Lord_Avatar

I fail to see the problem here. Rocket primaries are *meant* to be ingame (the description of default RLs states that they are effective both against infatry and armor), while redeploying while cloaked/jetting has virtually no impact on the gameplay whatsoever.
    • Up x 2
  8. stalkish

1) i personaly dislike this aswel, maybe its PS1 mentality.
    If they plan on keeping it the way it is then they need to kill the user aswel. Had a heavy yesterday unload his rocket from about the distance your monitor is your readin this off, i died he didnt :confused:, increase splash area of effect for the wielder maybe (not sure if poss). Either that or have an arming delay similar to underbarrel grenades.

2) Cant agree with this tho. If they are LA they have given up engi so hav to rely on nanites or rearm each time they need to rep, in order to hav nanites they have given up alot of other option and hav to wait 15 seconds without getting any damage for the reps to start.
    If sony were to 'fix' this problem then i would want them to make it so your cant just bail out of any vehicle any time you want instantly. Perhaps they could revisit PS1 for some ideas on this, driver cant bail from ground vehicles unless staionary is 1 example, also failing ejecto seats, or they could make it so you cant bail from an aircraft unless you have ejector seats. Alot of things they could do if it is deemed as a problem.
  9. MostlyClueless

They could make it so you can't eject from an ESF or Liberator for 5 seconds after taking damage unless you're landed or have Ejection Seat equipped.

Would make sense to me, PS1 had it lock you in at low health so that's an option too.
  10. minhalexus

Last year, if you bailed out an aircraft just before it was destroyed, the ESF that destroyed your ESF did not get a kill for you, and you death was considered suicide.

It did not impact gameplay, but........... it was unfair IMO.

And so is bailing and redeploying in the air, and redeploying while cloaking.
    Redeploying should not be a way to avoid a potential death.
  11. PieceKeeper00

The hand grenade throwing mechanics should be improved before anything else.

There's no way to just chuck it over a rock, it's always a hail mary throw...
    • Up x 1
  12. Codex561

Briggs killed my rare dreams of flying. :(
  13. z1967

>Tosses grenade*
    >Bumps off of random wall in a way that makes no sense
    >falls into group of just revived friendlies
    >spend time weapon locked to apologize to 20 something unlucky people

And that is the day I switched to sticky grenades. Which have resulted in 5% less TKs per throw!

*all text below this is exaggerated more than a movie slap
    • Up x 2
  14. PieceKeeper00

How about this one :

Allied infantry is pinned down behind huge rock in an open outside battle. Friendly air is scouting over, spotting enemies on the ground and opening fire on hostiles, which happen to be conveniently gathered up on the other side of the rock trying to fend off air.

Lob grenade, it's too far. Run back to Sundy, resupply, run back to rock, lob another one aiming almost straight up to deaden travel angle.

Grenade lands on top of rock, rolls back to your feet.

Spend time weapon locked to apologize to 20 something unlucky people.
    • Up x 1
  15. z1967

Ah Planetside, where grenade throws are more likely to kill your team than the enemy team.

EDIT: I probably should have quit hoping for good physics when I figured out how to fly backwards :|
    • Up x 1
  16. Corporate Thug

My personal favorite is flying with the space bar. In what world does 1 engine put out enough power so that you can use full thrust and still get MORE output from your engine (not wasting power mind you) to fly even faster with vertical thrusters. Power is redirected to but not generated at each point on vehicles.
  17. z1967

It is even a teensy weensy little RCS style thruster too (for the mossie)... The physics in this game are comical at best. Yet, at least it is still fun for the majority of us.
    • Up x 1
  18. PieceKeeper00

I think the physics are alright actually.

But it seems to me at least that the hand grenade damage radius is rather small, exacerbated by the fact that it's easier to get Lindsay Lohan to check in rehab than it is to throw them where you want them to go.
    • Up x 1
  19. Krayus_Korianis

Wow, people will complain about everything this month, won't they.
    • Up x 1
  20. AMARDA

Meh. If I'm redeploying in that situation it's because I'm in a situation where I wouldn't want to be anyway. Why must I wait to hit the ground before redeploying, I am stuck after all for 10 Seconds. Damage me once, 10 more seconds.
    • Up x 1