Why should i use the Lasher? I ask 100 people!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NameForForum, May 11, 2014.

1. Pirbi

It's a teamwork weapon. It is annoying to get behind cover and still get hit by any gun in this game get hit by the lasher.
  2. Arkenbrien

Lasher = Pure Awesome.

'nuff said.
  3. SanPelicano

This is a little bit unbelievable. I dont think there is no player who loves She. Because She is one of the most usefull gun for Suppressive tactical moves. She can effectively block choke points from mid-range. Doorways in biolab....
    So no offense, but people you have asked must have been idiots :D

yepp. everyone knows it. Not to mention Wrel´s lasher video on page 1 is also an updated/live version, it is correct in every aspects. You should not have made tests.

[IMG]

Here there is.

Mate, how dare you compare my beloved LASHER <3 to A SIMPLE orion?

Some benefits of Lasher:
    Can orion kill people, while (they think) they are in cover?
    Can orion make people flee when it is used by a squad? Like Lasher in the another video on page 1.

What you can not see is that Lasher is a fear machine.
    She is a kind of psychological warfare gun.
    People dont like to being hit.
    Getting damage continually from nowhere while people are in cover is really stressful, annoying. The srceen is vibrating, character is dying...
    When people are stressed they think and act irractonal ... They cant aim correctly and begin to do an important thing: they start to make mistakes.
    Yepp.Lasher force the enemy to make mistakes. And failings will be punished on the battlefield, may be not by us but by our team mates.
    There are few people who can think clearly under fire but it is really depends on player skill/personal status/ fatique/age.
    And in fact, most Zerg players of TR and NC are immature children who think purple is girly and spandex is ****.
    In My experiance some times when i use my GF, Lasher and enemies are dazzed behind a box, they dont even know what should they do. They get panic and slowly die under my fire but I dont even hit them directly. This is the fun factor...

min. 3 coordintated lasher users are far more effective than 3 MCG or JH users in doorway/biolab/point defending.

I totally agree. Lasher allows her user to engage his enemy when they dont see each other.
    She is a beast.

Niche gun? yes She is, but the best niche gun:)

+1

Using Lasher is a style of life. Killing with Lasher is an act of war. Being murdered by Lasher is a deadly kiss of a beautiful Vanu fairy.... Dying with a Lasher is like a touch of Vanu's godness .. or something that....

sry for the misspellings
  4. Mongychops

The other ESHWs have all been made more adaptable since they were released. The Jackhammer has had a three round burst mode added to make it more effective at very close range, where it would otherwise lose out to other shotguns, and the MCG has recently had the option of an attachment to make it more effective 1 v 1. What the Lasher needs is adaptability, because at the moment, the ONLY time I use it these days is when defending in a tower fight, and they're trying to get up the stairs. IF I try and bring it with me in an attack, you basically have to S1 primary until you can get in a position to use it.

There are lots of suggestions, like tightening the CoF, or adding 0.75x ADS movement, however, I have my own preference.

[IMG]

Alternative beam fire mode, Higby pls...
    • Up x 2
  5. AMARDA

As a TR I am glad the Lasher is ignored by the pubs. I have used that beast and have seen what it could do. Picture Six of those with Medics and an Engineer holding a choke point. Turret + Lashers + Healing and Rez Grenades. Getting through that door would be insane!

Also thank god people crowd doors when trying to guard them, such stupidity. Best stand back for the better angles you can get.
  6. DevDevBooday

I honestly wouldnt care if they made it the most OP LMG in the game. Its still very situational.
    • Up x 1
  7. MrK

Yes it is. That's why it's a perfect addition to the game, instead of being a either OP or UP FOTM thing supposed to replace anything. PS2 would be a better game if all new contents were done with that kind of design.
  8. TheBlazing

The Lasher is a spamcannon.

Use it spam doorways and open plains with glowing disco balls of death, and see the enemy advance slow down before your dubstep prowess. Seriously, don't ever use the thing in direct engagements because that's not where it is supposed to be used, use it from corners, in doorways (where it is incredibly powerful), and on far away enemy groups that can't easily return fire. I remember using it in a biolab some time ago, the enemy was trying to push into a building from their teleporter room, they even had a MAX and I was just sitting there bombing the doorway with my extended mag Lasher. Even with the MAX, they could not push forward. MAXes are slow, and by the time they can turn around a corner to shoot you, half of their health will be gone due to splash damage (against which they have no resist, unlike normal firearm damage, against which they have 80% resist.).

Another fun thing to do is to go to a structure that your empire is currently defeding, perch yourself atop a watchtower or tower airpad, possibly with an enginner (for ammo) and a medic (for revivals), and just keep shooting the stream of incoming enemies. If you're far away enough, they won't be able to properly return fire, the huge lasher balls will block their view a bit and no sane soldier will stop in an open plain just to shoot you, thus, their only choice will be to advance and lose half of their health to the Lasher, or retreat and stop the advance. Just remember to move around frequently as you will be a primary target for enemy snipers, afterall, it's not like you need the accuracy that you get by standing still to deal damage :p.

And that's just when you're alone. If there are some other pals lashing with you, you will pretty much put a no-infantry zone on whatever surface you are lashing.

However, I will agree that it is highly situational, way too much if compared to the other empire's special weapons. What I would do is to give the VS a more adaptable weapon like the Jackhammer and the MCG, and give the other 2 factions a niche, highly situational weapon like the Lasher. This way each faction gets an adaptable special weapon and a situational one.
    • Up x 2
  9. NoctD

The one thing I realized I was doing absolutely wrong watching Wrel's video was me just spamming the Lasher as if it was a PPA, and not fine aiming with it... didn't realize the direct damage was that significant, and aiming for direct hits will get you much more than just the splash would. I'll have to try it again when I get a chance, and aim it like a regular gun.
  10. Gundem

MOAR ES HEAVY WEAPONS!

Give the VS a continuous beam laser like like the pre-change Lasher with a super fast TTK(Call it the Blackstar), the TR a belt fed, under-slung MCG with a slower ROF and a heat bar instead of a total ammo, and the NC an under-slung Railgun with firing modes for 250/450, or 350/350.
    • Up x 1
  11. Gundem

*CoughCoughSkyguardsandLiberatorsCoughCough*
  12. AMARDA

THIS! THIS RIGHT HERE! I want a Lasher style weapon on the TR! I can already imagine the fun I could have with my Outfit!
  13. nightbird

It's also very hard to regen your shield or auto-repair your MAX with lashers in the fight, that's the most annoying part for me. If you don't want to be worn down, you have to break out of cover and flee, taking more damage in the process.
  14. Flying Mug

I think it can be used in a lot more situations than people give it credit for. Aside from the obvious choke points, guys running in the open, and mass use. I have almost 900 kills with it and can't remember hearing a squad leader say "Everyone pull Lashers".

You can pretty much use it whenever you can fire down on enemies and ideally from medium/long range where automatic fire is inconsistent. That will let you make a wide flank around enemies in cover. Defending Amp stations and the crown are great for this. ADS and burst fire, it isn't like you're going to lose much DPS, the RPM is so low. I'm currently using adrenaline shield and Nanoweave 4 to help mitigate return fire.
  15. GhostAvatar

VR is bugged and has been for a very long time. Splash does not work on the VR manikins (something to do with them being the same stand in as the Snowmen). This is actually quite well known fact. And it is also the reason why people like Wrel do their testing live in game with the help of fellow players outside of VR.

Also one side note on splash damage, it is only affected by flak armor. While the direct damage is only affected by kinetic armor.
  16. Ronin Oni

Splash doesn't work in VR against the target infantry units.

#TheMoreYouKnow

Anyways, I wouldn't tweak it's damage I don't think...

I would probably give it a buff to RoF or Velocity though.... and of the 2, more likely velocity (I mean, 100m/s? It's as slow as the rockets FFS) You could double it's velocity and it'd still have 1/3rd the velocity of most guns.

RoF I'd buff a lot less if I was to go that route...
    • Up x 1
  17. Levtech

Because you can.
  18. Taemien

Don't.

The less the VS use this weapon, the better it is for the NC and TR lol. I know how good the weapon could be. Most VS don't. And thats a good thing for me. Least I'm not lying about it.
    • Up x 1
  19. Plunutsud pls

They should just make the Lasher a secondary weapon, since it's all about suppression.

No point carrying a primary weapon that can't compete with other primary weapons in a 1v1 gunfight.
    • Up x 1
  20. DatVanuMan

I loved the Lasher the first time I tried it out. I was a puny BR4, and I absolutely sucked at the game. And then the Lasher came, and my K/D SOARED to an amazing 0.9. I was so proud. Weeks later, when I was a BR41, and bought it, AND IT WAS ALL MINE. I though to myself, "The Lasher needs a nerf." I thought it was that good.
    Then I tried out the other ES heavy weapons. The Jackhammer let me destroy MAXES, and the MCG got me 3 Reaver kills in 6 minutes. I was shocked to realize that these weapons were SO MUCH BETTER than my beloved Lasher. I still use it, though, despite knowing that it isn't nearly comparable to the other heavy weapons.
    So this is what can be done. Make the splash damage recognizable. Instead of a stupid 75 damage hit, make it 100. AND MAKE THE SPLASH DAMAGE MIX WITH THE DIRECT HIT DAMAGE. You say it's a heavy weapon? THEN MAKE IT BECOME ONE!
    Imagine carrying a plasma-launching gun that suppresses enemies, whilst being able to stand SOME chance against the MCG, and an even smaller chance against the feared (yet awesome and balanced) Jackhammer. It's the least you can do for this useless JEWEL of a miracle. A velocity buff would also be amazing, or, you can replace this velocity buff by letting the Lasher deal damage to MBTs, Galaxies, Liberators, and Sundies. Don't worry, it'll take 6 magazines from 5 Lashers to take out 3/4s of a Sundies HP.
    Do this, and Vanu will smile upon. And we VS will get more DAKKA!
    • Up x 1