The Queen's Butt-kicking Infantry Guide 2.0

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ViXeN, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyanstorm

Who's Vixen?
    • Up x 2
  2. Liberty

Like I said, most people just let the comments roll off their shoulders because they realize it is the product of playing in a toxic environment. And to what you said about a guy trashing on another guy, it usually does end there but sometimes it doesn't and the same can be said for female gamers as well. If the person makes themselves an easy target, whether they are male or female the harassment is likely to continue. I think the moment you make it about gender, you start to make yourself a target. (Not that I agree with this being a good thing, just the way it is).

A good example is DA and Stew360, no one is overly malicious towards him at worst throwing out taunts like "Get dunked Stew" but he will mash his keyboard with some angry barely coherent reply that just ends up being comical. And because of that, it just keeps on going. On that same notion, we also play with/against a female gamer Cheekyswimr who is a much worse player than Stew, and gets her fair share of ribbings in TS, yet doesn't react anywhere near what he does. Someone will crack a joke about her being in the most awful spot ever and how one can even manage to end up in such a bad place, people laugh, it gets shrugged off, and things move on. Yet when Stew shows up in a hex, it is a race to who can find and kill him first.

I won't claim to know everything on the subject, I'm just going from experience. I've had the privilege to be in a relationship with a girl gamer for the past 3 years who was the one who actually got me into PS2 as she was a vet of PS 1. She played on some competitive teams back in the days of America's Army yet her biggest problem was being hit on by creepy dudes, rather than being harassed for being the one who killed them. What I'm trying to say is, while I think there are problems girl gamers face, the one you are facing is brought on more by attitude than gender.

It is by no means a healthy or mature thing, the way gender, race or sexuality is handled in competitive game environments, but knowing how it is, we can choose to conduct ourselves in a way to deflect attention or spark it.

Also, feel free to PM me the link, I'll certainly give it a read.
    • Up x 1
  3. ViXeN

Okay, I will respond to your post in the PM and send you that link.

So basically, you're saying you know i'm right and really have no response. :D
  4. BITES

No I'm saying you've got some issues creating good content despite the intent, unfortunately overcompensating/over posting. This eventually turns what could have been good content and posts into garbage people gloss over or visit just for laughs/troll/drama.

Your reply strengthens that PoV, and again best of luck.
  5. NinjaTurtle

That sounds like an awesome game and makes me sad I don't play on Mattherson :(
  6. Zorro

When I see him, he is usually surrounded by his outfit, and so it is difficult to kill him specifically. However, once I was able to tag him when he made the mistake of charging into a room. From what I have seen he prefers heavy assault, MAXes (especially) and Vanguards.
  7. Pikachu

Forumside's only vocal female member.
    • Up x 1
  8. Codex561

I would make my own guide but I am too lazy to do it.
    Just by speed reading it, I disagreed with one aspect of it; choosing the right gun.

If you want to get good, get good with something bad.

There are 2 ways of doing it;
    1 - Play with poor FPS, training your accuracy, reaction, etc.
    2 - Play with a mid range gun in CQC. I use pulsar C for this one since it got very bad recoil and RoF.
    • Up x 1
  9. Zorro

Indeed, I was helped by using a Solstice SF (not grenade spamming, I assure you) for most of my playing time and never more than 20 fps in large battles. Though I would disprove your hypothesis, since I am still not very good.
  10. Bickdouglas

Too bad they haven't added the punisher yet from PS1, that gun was full of win.
  11. N4poleon

Quite honestly, the amount of bashing here is pretty irrational and I'm quite sure it wouldn't have happened if you were a dude. There is indeed an issue when it comes to girls and videogames. Earlier in the thread, I criticized the way you constantly seem full of yourself , but after following the conversation a little, I realize you are just overcompensating for all the hate. People are questionning your legitimacy based on the sole fact of you being a girl, and I perfectly understand that you might try to oversell yourself in return.

When it comes to your guide, even though putting "the queen" in the title isn't really smart, it's mostly solid, and as long as it can help people, it's great.
    When it comes to your personal skill, it is true that it just doesn't come into play on wether the guide is legit or not. But still, I sincerely hope you do not truly believe to be as good as you showcase yourself as. The best piece of Planetside 2 advice I could give would be to question yourself constantly, trying to be aware of your flaws and improve on them. Yes, as you say, stats are not completely reliable, but they do tell something. Yours are very solid (and a lot better than most of the haters), but there's some space for improvement, most people have flaws, yours would probably be KPH.
    Still, as I don't want to end on a bad note, your guide is good, you seem good, and nerds should stop hating, whiteknight out.
    • Up x 1
  12. Codex561

We both know thats not true! :p

I run below 20FPS in small battles :eek:
  13. SharkSpider

I think you mean only vocally female member. Plenty of women post without feeling the need to announce their gender or make their text purple.

Few have what it takes to claim the illustrious title of "queen of the nerds", however.
    • Up x 4
  14. Giggily

No every mediocre player who brags about how amazing they are on the OF gets made fun of, it's just that few have stuck around so consistently to develop such an amazing reputation.
    • Up x 1
  15. Wobberjockey

Cute Beaver is pretty active in the infiltrator section, and, as far as i can tell is quite well respected. it might have to do with the fact that when she disagrees with what you have to say she brings evidence to support her position... you know kind of how forums are supposed to work.

though i personally think it's the utterly disturbing signature she has.

honestly i'm thinking ego and presentation has more to do with the situation than gender here.

the fact that there are some very debatable points within the guid as well only further make for a shaky foundation.

and forumites love to watch the world burn.
  16. Pikachu

Dafaq Beaver is female? I thought they were all forced to have the pink ps2 logo. Also beavers are not cute and that signature picture she has is disturbing.
  17. HellasVagabond

Seriously ? Damn, feels like going back to kindergarten......
  18. SOE-MOD-03

This thread is non-constructive.
    ♥03
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.