Has 64bit been re-enabled? I can't run the game again.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LCTR, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Skiptrace

Interesting, my laptop ran the game just fine which only has like 2gb of RAM, an Intel Pentium CPU 2020M @ 2.40GHz and Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics at 30 - 35 FPS in light firefights and doing nothing, heavy firefights my FPS dipped to 10 - 20. which is actually an IMPROVEMENT, transferring files to my desktop as we speak, we will see if this issue is not isolated to AMD's
  2. LCTR

Bumping this again.

I still have the same issue despite having a few updates since originally posting.

No progress since first post - no error msg, no process starts.

I'm switching the 32bit exe each time to play.

Anyone else have any progress on this bug?
    • Up x 1
  3. Forlorn Hope

Still get terrible hitching and frame rate fluctuation. Have to run 32bit every time just to play.

i5 3570k
    8GB RAM
    Windows7
  4. Frostbitten

Driver version? Is power tune +20%? If not, do so.
  5. FireclawX

Same problem as you bro, will let you know if I hear anything, but for now we just have to hope that they fix it a later patch. I really want to use the 64 bit version because it might actually increase my FPS by a lot :O
    • Up x 1
  6. Xhism

I keep getting error 0xc000007b every time on startup unless i use the 32bit exe...
    What I've tried:
    Reinstalling DirectX,
    Reinstalling the game,
    Reinstalling Visual C++,
    Reinstalling Microsoft .NET,
    Using the chkdsk command,
    Copying over "working" dlls from a PC where the game runs,
    Verifying all files,
    None of the above worked. Still looking for a solution...
  7. LCTR

So, (finally) some good news on this :)

After today's patch (medic update) I can run the 64-bit client - no more exe swapping. (I'll almost miss it :eek:)

So if you had problems running the 64-bit client (it was totally unrespeoncive for me, no error, just nothing happened after pressing play in launcher) I'd suggest giving todays update a go and fingers-crossed it's working for you too :)
    • Up x 1
  8. FireclawX

Thanks for the update, I'm about to go try this now! :)

EDIT: Update, it still doesn't work for me... Guess I'm back to .exe swapping :(
    • Up x 1
  9. Sendan

im getting this error too, only x64 client x86 works fine with swapping and DX-redist. did not help it

Code:
    Problemsignatur:
      Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH
      Anwendungsname:    PlanetSide2_x64.exe
      Anwendungsversion:    0.0.0.0
      Anwendungszeitstempel:    537d39ae
      Fehlermodulname:    ntdll.dll
      Fehlermodulversion:    6.1.7601.18247
      Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    521eaf24
      Ausnahmecode:    c0000005
      Ausnahmeoffset:    00000000000508c5
      Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Gebietsschema-ID:    1031
      Zusatzinformation 1:    e91a
      Zusatzinformation 2:    e91a4bee7a1c13bf0377150eaeded440
      Zusatzinformation 3:    ba80
      Zusatzinformation 4:    ba80b185754be71d88ffaeef632a72c8
  10. DDShadow

i wonder if everyone has the 64 bit version of windows 7 while having this error issue, generally if its 32 it should switch the client automatically to 32 even tho you may have a 64 processor
  11. Artifex78

Overclocked CPU/RAM?
  12. Sendan

yep win 7 x64

going back to default does not help,besides

i remember not long ago the x64 client worked like a charm then i did not play for about 1 1/2 month and it doesnt work now after few patches... hardware did not change, settings didnt change i ran a restored a backup from 4 weeks earlier didnt help much ...
  13. KittenCannon5000

I cant even play the game for very long... i don't know why but i can play for like 5 to 10 minuets and then the game closes, i don't even get an error message it just closes. I was hoping someone on here would know the fix because i cant seem to pinpoint it.
  14. TeknoBug

Since tuesday's patch I've had the game suddenly close on me 3 times.
  15. LCTR

Sorry to hear that :( Was hoping that was the issue finally fixed...
  16. FireclawX

Yeah, I was really exited when I saw your post, but alas, Planetside doesn't like me as much as you I guess :p
  17. FireclawX

Bump. I still can't launch the x64 bit client, even though I have a 64 bit operating system.
    If I open the launcher and click play, the launcher simply closes, the game client isn't even launched and does not show up in my task manager.

Specs:
    i7-3610QM @ 2.30 GHz
    8GB RAM
    2GB Nvidia Ge-Force GTX 660M
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
  18. Shinguru

Bump. I have the same issue, and after trying pretty much everything still no solution.
  19. FireclawX

Same here man...
    I've pretty much given up on the x64 client at this point. Even though it gives me such a huge frame boost :(
    Just run the 32 bit and sob at your terrible frames Q_Q
  20. YashaX

Thank you this has let me play ps2 without having to run verifier.exe. Why did CS not tell me this? It seems to be a fairly common issue judging from these and steam forums. Could we get a sticky for this info?