How many months do you think till lib nerf?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdamRah2, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeknoBug

Back in December 2012 libs were dominant and in mid January 2013 libs got the nerf bat, this time I'd give it 2-3 months.

I'd imagine that if they want to make libs flying tanks, they'd lower the damage output of Zephyre, Dalton, etc. like they did with MAX AV weapons.
    lol infiltrator?
    • Up x 1
  2. z1967

Just pm RadarX and as very politely (and coherently) "Is there an ETA on a lib rebalance for appearing on the Test server? Or is there going to be no lib rebalance planned at this time?" or some variation of that. Making a thread like this is more likely to get locked than actually bring forth RadarX or another dev.
  3. AdamRah2

Believe it or not Tony's replied to a few of my obvious piss of the mod threads, i'm just hoping he replies to this one
  4. z1967

Or you could have just asked him directly and spared us the drama. Waiting for them to reply is pointless because unless it is a really good thread or one that they can apply SOE's knowledge to, they are not likely to respond. Even so, don't your threads usually end up getting locked?
  5. AdamRah2

curious from veterans opinions since they can judge well
  6. Ronin Oni

You have to fall back to a base to do it... that's hardly being a jack-of-all out in the field

Infantry and MAXes can already do this, and almost anywhere thanks to Sundy's.

Vehicles would be more restricted.

Sure, you could hack out a terminal in an enemy base... which would only be safe if your faction basically had a lock-down on the base and waiting on the timer in which case I think it's fine anyways.
  7. HadesR

The day after the accountants tell them the new Lib weapons have earned their target $ :p
  8. Masterofm

One thing on this. The new weapons are terrabad and the weapons have nothing to do with it. It has everything to do with the fact that libs gained a buff they didn't need.
  9. SpectreGhostWTR

i think he means, they buffed it, cause the made the lib update (new weapons), so people use the lib more and buy the new weapons. i dont think he meant that the weapons are too strong^^
  10. Cinnamon

Never gonna happen.
  11. Masterofm

Ah. See to me libs are not easy to use. They handle like air boats, and even with maxed what have you they still are a pain to fly (at least when you get into an ESF where it's so agile you have to worry about instantly flipping into a tree and ganking yourself.) They used to be glass cannons, which I actually liked. Sure I found the ability for ESFs to quickly gib me to be frustrating but libs didn't need to be the power houses they are today. They needed a small amount of love, but only a small amount.

However people still don't fly them as much as ESFs. Mainly because their learning curve is one giant crash course.... literally. Trees OP.
  12. Takoita

Roll d10.
    • Up x 1
  13. Thardus

I see no problem with Libs, but I'm sure they'll do something if the statistics reveal that they're over-performing.
    • Up x 1
  14. Forlorn Hope

Hopefully never. This latest out pouring of salty tears is pure Nanites. AA and Lock On's do the same damage as before, Comp Armor got a buff and its still not used, I see 1 out of every 20 Libs using it. Dalton was nerfed, NAR was nerfed. The Tank round and Dumbfire resistance change was an unwanted buff that could be taken away and no difference would be made,. All the people with their eyes focused on the ground in front of them will still be unwilling to look up or pull AA and simply wish the Liberator away. When this doesn't work they will log on to forumside and make random ridiculous complaints with no basis in reality to excuse their refusal to pull AA. Pull AA HighbyHats!
  15. zaspacer

I think it depends. If SOE is trying to clean up the game for the PS4 launch, it will likely get nerfed sooner to coincide with their getting a build that isn't warped by any overly broken unit/weapon/etc. They probably want a clean PS4 launch so they can have good reviews. Even though MMOs are constantly evolving, it's usually the early flood of game reviews that shapes general public opinion their whole lives.

Otherwise, you're looking at the standard nerf reaction cycle, which is typically very long. ESF (rocketpods), Prowler (splash), Striker, Flash (Scout Radar), Harasser, etc. All took a long time before they were nerfed. And this is most likely because it gave SOE the window of time to make good sales on related items and also not have those purchasers burned for buying those items.

Libs are a train wreck unit designwise. There is almost no way the unit can exist in harmony with the rest of the game: fast, mobile, high firepower, high resilience, etc. and all without a good/easy/reliable counter to it. Air in general struggles to exist in harmony with the game, mainly because there is no free good/easy/reliable AA. As I and others have posted before, if Infantry had access to a free Lockon Rocket (even a very weak one), this would result in having more consistent AA presence across all encounters of the same sizes, and then Devs could balance around that. As it is now, AA presence (and especially AA vs. Lib) presence is random and fluctuates radically from encounter to encounter.
  16. Thagyr

When the Valkyrie is introduced obviously.

That way people can use the new aircraft and shoot down libs saying "How can a 3/3 person vehicle beat a 4/4 person vehicle".

Then they will nerf the Valkyrie after everyone has spent mucho-money on it to restore the Lib dominance. Much like the Harasser was for the ground war.

(I say this mostly because I really don't know how the concept of the Valkyrie will fit in the current airspace.)
  17. Fang7.62

It took a while for the vanguard shield whining to reach critical mass and transform into a nerf, despite it was in the game like that for a looong time. Though it became the major whining trend only this year, same thing with lib really.

Lets just hope they wont overnerf it like the harraser and just do somethig appropriate - either less effective HP, less mobilty, less firepower, but not all at once.
    • Up x 1
  18. Paisty

It's not going to matter, with the annual summer population drop, there will be very few players returning in September if Libs are as strong as they are presently.
  19. Goretzu

Good Liberator crews were deadly before the changes, poor Liberator crews were poor and still are.

Personally I think the first change they should make is to make AA lock-on rockets fly for 5-10m straight before beginning to track, as part of the current issue with Air is the horrible fly-into-the-nearest-wall nerf of lock-ons..... this actually adds a LOT to airpower and reduces AAs viability significantly (especially against Libs that are very good at vertical farming).
    • Up x 2
  20. Paragon Exile

No!

Nerf lock-ons! Nerf them even more! YOU CAN NEVER NERF THEM ENOUGH.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.