Briggs Server Update April 30th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TungstenCarbide

I totally agree man. There's two sad facts that I can take from this

1. Those who threatened to cancel membership or have canceled memberships (AKA those who are not loyal enough because they gave up on SOE) are some of the ones who got the free membership. Why? Just because they gave SOE some money.

2. Those of us who still managed to login despite taking an hour and still continued to play everyday despite the downtimes (AKA those who are the most loyal of loyals) are some of the ones who did not get the free membership. Why? Just because we haven't given SOE some money.

I would have been totally fine with the whole thing if it was properly communicated, plus the fact that the SOE website was giving erroneous information regarding membership statuses, it gave people false hope thinking that all of us are getting the membership but clearly it was not properly executed well. Im not saying they are intentionally misleading people but the sad fact is that it did mislead a lot of us.
  2. Pelojian

Thanks for the free subscription.

It's likely the are granting the subscription time in chunks of accounts at a time or what soe considers 'a customer' (and thus eligible) is different then ours. (i.e filter by subscribers=customers rather then subscribers&SC purchases= customers)
  3. RicoT

It is confusing that I got my 3 months All Access while JYKY does not get hers. We had been playing Briggs exclusively untill the loginside issue became unbearable, only then we temporarily went to Cobalt to chill out. Kindly check whether JYKY is eligible for the claim as you had stated "all SOE customers who have spent their time on Briggs through these recent issues will be granted 3 months of All Access membership free of charge".
  4. mrBenTheBear

Actually, I paid for SC for both accounts, same dates. I never had paid membership before, never intended to get it as well since I don't play everyday. The other party however had much more playtime than me, and apart from the bought SC, also used certs to upgrade some items way beyond what I have. When he contacted customer support they told him he doesn't qualify. Too be honest, this is a family member, and he is very disappointed that I got membership and he didn't since he is more dedicated. I don't mind losing my membership in favor of his. So if any mod see this, please assist if possible.
  5. Kasumimist

Still haven't gotten my membership yet, says 'active' on the website though I have no incentives. I'm not even sure if I'm meant to have it at all really.
  6. Kasumimist

Well, just got my incentives then! Thank you SOE! I understand it's quite late over there!
  7. 0pt1

Hi,

I've been playing on Briggs. On the website its says I'm All Access but then in game it says I'm Copper. Should I be higher rank in game?

Thanks
  8. Dr. Curiosity

As a for-free player, I don't mind that too much to be honest. Adding XP/cert boost items to people's accounts, sure, but for something like a three-month subscription, I can definitely see a business/accounting case for requiring a financially-linked account for that. Especially if a subscription gives people the opportunity to request a refund.
  9. TungstenCarbide

I dont mind it either, read my closing remarks. If only it was properly communicated to us and didn't give people false hope, that's whats wrong about it.

I saw a famous youtuber today mentioning that EVERYONE ON BRIGGS GOT A FREE MEMBERSHIP, I wont mention his name or shame him because its not his fault he got fooled into thinking this way, a lot of people including myself got fooled too. And apparently most people outside of Briggs still think that SOE did give everyone a free membership when in fact this is not the case. This perception towards SOE is just outright wrong, majority of Briggs players didn't get anything and I hope people stop thinking that SOE gave everyone a membership because its false.
  10. IraHero

i posted a ticket and a post earlier about not recieveing my 3 month membership aswell, website says its active and other's said it too so im guessing im eligible but iv'e yet to have get it in game. PM'ed mutato aswell no response. disappointed atm.
  11. KO-tic

Well I updated my ticket and this is the response I got

12. ARC2142

I'm going to miss loginside, connery's always low on TR.
  13. Wills

Ah! Thanks for the info KO-tic. I didn't meet this requirement.

- Played on the Briggs server during the server technical issues

Got misled by my membership page, thought I got it too :(
    [IMG]
  14. Pigeon767ikwak

Don't you get station cash for being a member? If so, I'd like to let you know I haven't gotten any...
  15. Chris Bingley

So, if we were affected by loginside, and couldn't play due to it, but had a higher BR character elsewhere we get squat?

I have a character on Briggs, this is due to time zone differences, living in the UK Cobalt is dead in the morning, but in Austrailia it's late evening so I can get a few hours play in on my days off before moving back to Cobalt.

But wait, I can't play on Briggs because of loginside, so my options are to play on a nearly empty server or not play.

Sony, give something to the rest of us with Briggs characters, even if it's just a free gun or some cosmetics. Anything would be good at this point!
  16. mrBenTheBear

@RadarX

Both me and the other party raised a ticket with this, and in both cases we were told they refer it to the development teams guidelines. Surely if I get it, then it means Javaghost should also get it since the playtime is around the same (Mine much less actually), and in both cases SC were bought on Briggs. On the flip side, it seems I should also not have qualified? This seems unfairly random. The other party is a family member. I can't believe rules that are supposed to be set in stone should count for me but not the other party. Could we get an explanation on the very least?
  17. Chiss

Hi RadarX.

I have purchased hundreds of dollars worth of SC, and I am yet to receive my 3 months free membership.

This may be because most of my accounts are on EU Servers... but i moved back to Australia late last year and have been playing (and paying) on Briggs since. If this the the case, this is UNACCEPTABLE as i would have transferred all my characters to Briggs if SOE created Server Transfer Tokens, something that was meant to be done a LONG TIME AGO on the roadmap.

I have cancelled my subscription, will no longer be playing, and will not play any future games from SOE until this is corrected.

Thanks.
  18. RadarX

As this maintenance seems to have been successful I'm going to go ahead and close this. Thanks for everyone's feedback!
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.