Old player need help with mosquito

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TerranTerrorLst, May 5, 2014.

1. TerranTerrorLst

So after returning to the game, playing for a couple of days I find myself at a loss and very bemused by the air game currently. I seem to be getting 1 clipped by reavers AND scythes. Unable to hover duel anyone successfuly. I used to be a medicore to good pilot before when i played.

I have to admit I bought the new weapons with SC as I was impatient to try them out, but find them in themselfs pretty poor.

My first question is have SOE nerfed/balanced the mosquito into uselessness? It jsut cant seem to perform against reavers/scythes in hover duels. Let alone withstand more than 4 or 5 hits from artillery before it goes pop.

My second and more important question is whats the favored META currently, it used to be flares, hover, and nanite. but using that setup I am getting schooled... badly
  2. Hartkernharald

fire suppression is the current thing for a2a, but other than that you're probably just rusty. i found the mossie much more "pointable" than the scythe and especially the reaver, it's certainly not bad per se.
  3. Wobulator

All three ESFs are pretty much balanced. Not to sound mean or anything, but you probably just got outplayed. Or Coyoted.
  4. Kurohagane

You're from miller, right? I think i've seen you around lurking on amerish.

Use fire supression, for mossies i recommend staying about 20-50m from your target with fire exchange, if you want to you could try bumrushing scythes, but for reavers just stay away and RM if they charge you. Otherwise, just do very slight dodges with ascend and descend while exchanging fire, and between reloads do slight bumps to left/right with some afterburner to dodge. Mossie has a lot of sustained fire so i found that it's okay to throw your aim around a bit and hold down the mouse, since every hit counts.

The difficult thing about scythes is that they tend to start flying all over the place and it's hard to track and lead them with their tiny frontal hitbox, so if you want to play on his terms you need to learn to lead vertical thrust users effectively. Otherwise, just try to move yourself using RM to get into a good, non disadvantageous position instead. If the scythe stays still you just hover duel in the most literal sense of the word.

With reavers, they will either also move all around the place, in which case i think it's easier to track them (for me) although while having a bigger hitbox they also move around faster. They will also sometimes try to rush you with a vortek or a AH, in which case just RM to stay at some distance while exchanging fire. If you run out of afterburner and he continues to be really aggressive, do barrel rolls with some Vthrust to throw off his aim while you're "kiting" him. Oh, and of course there's the hover duel, in which case try to stay about 30m away and just exchange fire.