[Suggestion] Built in range finder on RL's

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by TheKhopesh, May 2, 2014.

1. TheKhopesh

I know there's an implant in the making that's intended to do this, but for an infantry carried ranged AV weapon I think having this as a standard would be beneficial to gameplay.

Anyone else like the idea?
    • Up x 2
  2. KnightCole

I wish we had em lol.

And that AE in ur sig, how do we even get those AE Weapons? And which weapons even get an AE version?
  3. Goodkat

If infantry get them, then tanks get them too.
  4. TheKhopesh

The AE stands for "Anniversary Edition".
    You got them by buying the Anniversary bundle that was available for a short time during the 1 year anniversary for Planetside 2.

There are only 3 AE weapons.
    Phoenix AE
    Striker AE
    Lancer AE

They're exactly the same weapon, but with some gold trim (Silver trim on the Lancer) and for some reason the Icon is missing the scopes (But the weapon model itself is not).

The bundle gave all three of the launchers, incase you were wondering.
    Here's more info on the AE Bundle.
  5. TheKhopesh

I'm not opposed to that.
  6. Stromberg

I didn't play HA for a while now, but alone the fact that sometimes you need to aim so high to compensate for rocket drop that you can't even see your target while ADS is silly.
  7. TheKhopesh

Yeah, even when leading the Phoenix, often times if the target is going faster than 60 KPH you have to lead so far you can't see it.

It's almost as bad as the ridiculous drop that the Decimator has, and both are a massive pain.

With the Phoenix you can rebind the "Toggle UI" key to something easy to reach (I use " ~ ") so the scope border isn't there, and that helps amazingly, but even still you will come across a great many targets that you have to lead so far that you lose track of them.

Sometimes you'll get a hit, but mostly you'll miss.
  8. Jogido

It sounds like an attachment to me....to take is a step further, I would love to see any attachments for the launchers ;)