I have never had my skyguard destroyed a by a liberator

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname707, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badname707

Actually no, it's more "What farm?" Yes, you CAN farm in a liberator. You can also farm in literally any of the ground vehicles. No, it's not something everyone can do. No, it's not something even a great crew can do wherever they want. The liberator is nowhere near as OP as its being made out to be.

Oh right, TL;DR
  2. uhlan

I rarely get my Skyguard shot out from under me because...

I almost always back my vehicle up against something. This prevents some sneak attacks from behind.

I have learned to drive against the arc of the belly gun. This requires some decent hand/eye as you drive around keeping your gun pointed at the Lib, but after a while it becomes natural.

Learning that most Libs will break against a dedicated steely-eyed Skyguard. If you can take the heat and keep on target, many Lib pilots will fly off. They have much more to worry about since they can be seen by everyone from a distance. This tactic isnt as useful when the pop is low or you're on the bitter end of a zerg, however. ;)
  3. Revanmug

Those stats would probably explain why Danielthebrewer.
    [IMG]

I hope I don't have to go in details as to why you "might" not have died to a liberator.
    • Up x 1
  4. Badname707

So put more time into it and I'll become more frustrated with it over time?
  5. Copasetic

Spot and shoot at the dorito, that's all it takes. Also works through smoke.
  6. Revanmug

1- You die 32 time in less than 6 hours with a lightning. It somehow puzzle me how you could die that often with a vehicle that can stay behind the front line, meaning the only danger are those coming from air and than behind. Or maybe it's the fact that you are completly unable to spot large MBT shelling you. That would be pretty Ironic.

Seriously, what the hell killed you that often?! And why aren't you reacting when they start hitting your skyguard?

2- Only got 62 kill and an ordinary 10 VKPH after 5.6h of use. This mean you either don't use it in combat situation, lowering the chance of meeting a liberator, and/or that you you are just bad with it.

3- Considering your kph is almost the same as your vkph, we can conclude you more often kill a single person with the vehicle. This mean you rarely destroy multicrew Vehicle (liberator) and/or that you simply don't fight them. It's indeed hard to die from a vehicle that isn't present on the battlefield.
  7. MasterFancyPants

You lied, and lying is a sin. Repent.
    • Up x 1
  8. IamDH

Im not a liberator pilot but im fairly certain they are very hard to aim. Moving towards the liberator would probably put his aim off
  9. Forkyar24

10. LibertyRevolution

I am a mediocre lib pilot.. a solo skyguard is like a candy bar for my tank buster.. yum.
  11. Thorval

Are you Fooping kidding me? That Shredder is not an AV weapon, it is an all purpose killing machine with max scope. I've poked my head out from and overhang while a liberator flew by and died instantaneously (Not exaggeration) to the shredder as it strafed by. Libs hover over 1-12 ares farming people with the shredder, Of all the times I've been killed by a liberator I've not seen any favor between Dalton or shredder for killing me, both 'AV weapons'. In a max suit firing anti air or -anything- really, the shredder takes a split second longer than an instant to kill me. I can pop out and fire three times with my AI guns, just three times, and start to pull back behind the invincible shield and I made it back inside with a flashing red bar of health. Against -one- liberator.
    • Up x 1
  12. TheRunDown

That funny, I never die in my Skyguard to Lib too..
    But I also never get any kills with it either, they always run away before I can do any damage.
  13. Badname707

Puzzles me too. Personally thought I spent more time in the skyguard to begin with, though if I'm doing AA work, it's usually in a basilisk or with a burster MAX. As for the rest of those numbers, well, how often do people usually get kills with the skyguard? I tend to get mostly assists, but then again if I'm pulling a skyguard it usually means I'm either in North Indar or on Esamir, probably moving in a column. As for liberator crews specifically, yeah, of course I fight them. I just find them really easy to manage, so long as there aren't several of them on me. I also tend not to finish them off by myself.
  14. Goden

Possibly if I had more time but the Tankbuster can saw a lightning in half pretty fast.
  15. Rayden78

You probably don't go on suicidal missions when you are bored.
  16. z1967

I only wear Giraffe with white underglow and lumbifiers. Would work better if there wasn't huge red blotches everywhere on my tank :|
  17. biterwylie

Try leaving the warp gate or actually playing skyguard. It is possible to not get killed but you would have to stay so far behind friendly lines as to be next to useless.

Of course this is a troll thread anyway...
  18. \m/SLAYER\m/

leave VR then:p anyway, its about server and faction.
    i dont remember, if i was destroyed by liberator too, but i cant remember, if i killed an liberator at all, i killed more infantry, then aircraft.
  19. IamDH

Only when it comes very close. (Not trying to be rude) Its pretty hard for a vehicle that size to sneak up on you
  20. DQCraze

Any lib crew worth a dam can kill a skyguard 100% of the time and if they can get first crack, two side by side.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.