What is this???? (Upcoming Knives?)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Elkybam, May 4, 2014.

1. Elkybam

[IMG]

I found this on the Players Site:

"Player Profile" -> Weapons -> All Weapons -> Filter Knife

And I have no idea what any of these do. Except decapacitation/slicing/slashing/hacking/stabbing other people.

Their descriptions:

RASK Mk. III - "The third iteration of the Terran Republic's Assault/Survival Knife features a razor edge capable of cutting through body armor. The RASK is preferred among many soldiers looking for a quiet, clean alternative to the standard-issue Chainblade."

NC30 Diamondcutter - "The New Conglomerate's lightweight, carbon-fiber Diamondcutter knife is equppied with a synthetic crystalline edge that effortlessly slices through enemy shields and body armor."

Scorpius - "The Vanu Sovereignty's Scorpius knife features a razor sharp edge using a proprietary alloy. Using similar tech as found in the Force Blade, the Scorpius's barbed blade makes removing the knife even more deadly than the initial wound."
    • Up x 2
  2. Verviedi

Holy crap.
    Time to start saving mah Certs.
    New knives confirmed!
    • Up x 4
  3. Maljas23

They had the "RASK Mk.III" on the PTS before the new carbines came out. It was when knifes could be held out.
    • Up x 1
  4. Elkybam

[IMG]

Hopefully better magnification.
    • Up x 5
  5. Trudriban

5 bucks says each of these knives are the exact same functionally
  6. Verviedi

Yep. This is real.
    [IMG]
  7. Pikachu

These knives were in already when the first melee changes was done on PTS. I think they are removed now. I unlocked the TR fillet knife. The NC dagger is ugly as butt.
    • Up x 4
  8. doombro

They were on the PTS a while back. The differences were purely cosmetic, as far as I could tell.
  9. Elkybam

Any reasons for the removal of these new torture-devices?

Looks like SOE forgot to take these off the weapons section in the players site.
  10. Codex561

they do 625 dmg. SOE needs money ok?!
  11. Xebov

They where menat to be release with the knife changes. They where available on PTS during the test, i still have mine. They serve pure optical purpose.
  12. Thagyr

Cosmetic knifes? Meh.

Give me cosmetic Max Punches. Put some flames or something on it and I'd buy them out of the gate.
    • Up x 2
  13. AdmiralArcher

there is also an NS shotgun on the players site
  14. Yuki10

Knives.... yes, need more of them. Just love mowing down idiots who run up with a knife thinking they can get an easy kill (until they get stuffed with a clip in their mouth).
  15. IamDH

• Up x 2
  16. Unclematos7

The force blade looks pretty barbed too.
  17. MasterFancyPants

5 bucks says they cost 5 bucks too.
  18. Kristan

These are not cosmetic. These are weildable knives, you can't quicknife with them, you need to eqiup them first. And yes, they do more damage than quicknifing.
  19. Forkyar24

they don't have the current knife action correct, you use your left hand for the knifing.
  20. Thagyr

Ahah.

My request for cosmetic max punches still stands though.