The elusive 12 man sundy kill. Who has done it?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Revel, May 4, 2014.

1. TheRunDown

I've never killed a Sunderer with a tank or anything, they jump out before it dies..
    But I've killed loads of full ones with AV mines.
    I got most of AV mines kills just before the Pizza Mine update, and several since post Pizza Mine update.

I killed some full SkyWales when the Prowler was Over-buffed for about 3 days, then people cried that Anchor mode actually worked.. then it get horribly Over-Nerfed..
  2. TungstenCarbide

I have killed a galaxy with 7 people on it with my mossie needler from very far away I couldn't even tell that it was already burning coz the fire didn't render the galaxy was way too small on my screen.
  3. IamDH

Killed a 7man galaxy with lolpods once
  4. Regpuppy

That's mostly because of how easy it is for the individual to get around on his own. I mean, I have a host of one-man vehicles that are separate from my explosives stash and bases are all close together. Why get into a 12-man deathwagon?
  5. MasterFancyPants

Have never gotten a full Sundie, but gank'd a full Gal with AP once.
  6. Beeman

Yeah, the lattice system should factor into where you can spawn from where you are currently. It bothers me that people so rarely use transports >_>
  7. Forkyar24

he's lying and trying to boost his e ****.
  8. Prudentia

does a 23Teamkill+suicide Galaxy collision count? :(
  9. Linus

I took down a full Galaxy two days ago, which was about to drop its squad on a base.
    Not so bad with a Magrider I think, but it is very rare.
    • Up x 2
  10. Larolyn

One time. With the old tank mines. Bus load of MAXs heading from old Quartz Ridge to Hvar Northgate. Felt all warm and fuzzy after that one.
  11. Paragon Exile

No :(

I killed a galaxy with two guys in it with tank mines once though! :D
  12. JibbaJabba

12 man sundy kill?

Aw man, I've done this TONS of times.

Then they fixed the physics and I hardly ever roll them down a hill now.
    • Up x 3
  13. Aesir

Three words ... Anti-Tank Mines.

Bonus points of you do it with a buddy from a cloaked flash, after you lost a base to the zerg. Just plant them in the way of the next base in their sights ...
    • Up x 2
  14. DQCraze

Raises hand...2 in 84 days of play.
  15. John_Aitc

I have not achieved a large Sundae kill since beta. There are a lot of 1/12 - 3/12 vehicles driving around. I think that once a driver gets enough people to fill the gun slots, they take off to the next destination.
  16. Krit3rium

17. dstock

Full Stealth Harasser works, too.

I've never managed 12, but I've gotten a pair of tens doing this. The best part is, most of those guys didn't die at the base = mucho bonus points from all the menace scores.

The guy driving my Harasser couldn't figure out where all the points were coming from, lmao.
  18. baka

I think I have gotten 10 a few times -- I never hit ShadowPlay to find out later. Maybe we need two new achievements:
    Sunderer Pinata!
    Galaxy Pinata!
  19. EGuardian1

I once nailed a flying sundy at Mao Southeast with an AV Mana turret after it took a bunch of tank fire. It was the most perfectly timed shot - full 12 Sundy with a bunch of Maxes and Menaces. My squad mates pretty much went "GUARDIAN! YOU LUCKY S.O.B.!"

Gotten a few 6+ Galaxies with Hornets - those things are awesome.
  20. GhostAvatar

I have lost count the amount of full buses I have gotten kills on. In fact the last one I got was only 4 days ago (Friday). I think the best I have gotten though was 4 full buses in a row, during an AMP station alert. But that was back in the day when defenders could place a deployed sunndy in the vehicle bay. It was a simple case of place mines by the shields...BOOM...quick resupply and repeat process. Yes it did drop off when they doubled the size of tank mines. But now they are back to what they where, I have started to get them again.

Best time to do it is when a zergfit is attacking a base and you know it is lost. You know that the buses going to the next base are most likely to be full. So pull back to the previous base about a minute before the cap, then pull a flash. Just drive out to the best choke point between the two bases and place mines. Then drive back, resupply and make your way back to the choke point. Take cover and wait for you mines to get tripped. If you are lucky your might get a sunndy on the first set of mines. But most likely you will get some of the armor pushing up first. Then just place more mines down when no one is looking, hopefully you will get the fully loaded zergfits bus.

But my current favorite is on some of the roads on Amerish. There are a few nice roads with high cliffs either side. Just sit up there and wait for the front line armor to pass. When you see the sunndy coming, just throw the mines off the edge of the cliff into their path (gotta time it right due to activation timing on mines). They will feel safe seeing all the armor ahead of them pass without incident and assume the road is clear of mines, therefore they don't check for your mines. Also nice to do to vehicles that you know they will meet resistance and mostly likely have to back up for repairs. Just throw a mine down after they have passed and they will back up thinking the road is clear as they have already traversed it.
    • Up x 1