Hello I'm a Abandoned Player from the Dust541 Community

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OmegaKelevra, May 3, 2014.

1. OmegaKelevra

Hello Everyone My name is Omega.

I'm a big fan of Planetside I played a good bit of part 1 back in 04 - 05 I believe enjoyed it til i was deployed never played it again. Heard about part 2 but i don't have a system ti run it yet my laptop is just not powerful enough & i don't have the funds for a ps4 at the moment but soon...

Me & my whole gaming family the Dust541 community was lied to mislead & milked of money with limited time offers of a already decided doomed game's player base. not to mention what was suppose to be a 10 year game turned out to be the beta for its real pc version & the ps3 well CCP pretty much said piss on it & its loyal group of followers.

Please keep a look out for other Dust541 players as this & Destiny is only viable option for us as a FPS MMO community in need of a good game with devs that care about its base and their time & money.

I Hope to see you all in the Game once again it's a pleasure to meet everyone keep you're eyes out for other Dust'ies they are in need of some love & CCP is bad mmmkay "Legion is Dust541" 2.0 built on the backs of its spit Playstation 3 beta testing game sponsoring ugly step child Community.
  2. -Synapse-

Planetside's community is pretty nice, so long as you don't talk to them about balance.
    The devs can be a bit scumbaggy at times when it comes to marketing, but have a bit more common sense than some out there. Welcome and have fun!
    • Up x 2
  3. Nerp

Welcome to Planetside 2, you should play TR because TR is cool.
    • Up x 16
  4. Cougarbrit

Isn't it Dust514?
    • Up x 3
  5. Tuzy

What no one knew all along is that The "514" in Dust was just the expiration date.

Also, The Mittani sends his regards.
    • Up x 5
  6. phreec

What a coincidence. We're actually the Playstation 4 beta testers. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 12
  7. Krayus_Korianis

Welcome to Thunderdome, Dust 514 player... Three factions enter, one faction leaves... Choose wisely.

However, you can have all three factions on one server! So, the real choice is, what server?!
  8. Madcat9

Planetside 1 just went free to play if you want to use that to hold you over till your upgrade.
    • Up x 1
  9. Tommyp2006

Wow, sounds like dust is a fantastic parallel to ps2.
  10. ValorousBob

First one to disband AoD wins?

What exactly happened? Our outfit comes from a 3rd party EVE forum, but the Dust section is pretty vacant and I'm not trying to dig through all the threads to find out why people quit.
    • Up x 2
  11. khord

Without looking, completely ignorant, he alluded to dust514 comign out on pc. I dont know why that would piss anyone off off hand as that's what should have been done in the first place, imo. Why the hell wouldnt they?
  12. Maljas23

Dust514 is a horrific excuse of a game.

OP, be glad you got out of that POS. You've come to the right place for a similar idea, but FAR better executed. There is a learning curve, but if you are willing to learn, this game can and will be very rewarding.
    • Up x 1
  13. SerialNumber1221

dust is utter rubbish...

a lot of ex MAG (loose port of PS1 to playstation 3) players were hoping dust was going to replace MAG...alas it was a fail....

dust is 16v16 or something like that and they say it has some huge universe etc etc but how huge is 16v16?

if it comes to pc i bet they lift the payer cap
  14. Hicksimus

I remember when I got in a fight with CCP on the EvE forums because I said that they had to be complete morons to think that they could....
    1) Keep crapping on the EvE community with slap-in-the-face updates like a single captains closet being called an expansion
    2) Release an expensive F2P game on a console which is most popular for having free Online services!

I was right on the first part.....when a load of us quit after they called us whiners they had to cancel 1 project, slim another down and fire 20% of their workforce.
    On the second part they told me that leading industry experts had studied the market and knew Dust 514 would be a success and that those folks probably know a bit more than I do.

Well guess what.....
    • Up x 2
  15. IamDH

Dusk looked awful when i saw a few gameplay videos. Something is really wrong with aiming/shooting

You'll be safe here. We have developers that constantly communicate with us. As a matter of the fact, my last thread had a developer response and such amazing communication thrills me. There will be bumps and you might notice things getting a little insane on patch-day but its usually fixed
    • Up x 2
  16. Aesir

Not to break the mood, SOE has done a passable job to make a "good" game with PS2. However, with the potential that PS2 could have to stand out from the crowd of the other yearly release shovel ware not taped. It's painfully like named shovel ware and this will most likely not change ...

So if you are happy with Battlefield the MMO, have fun ... if you expect more, be ready to be disappointed.
    • Up x 2
  17. Captain Kid

Funny. I never played Dust and highly respect CCP and Eve. And am very much looking forward to the release of Project Legion on PC. I think SOE is evil (just look at how they try to trick EU players in getting the all Access Plan while we can't play Eq Next and H1Z1) and while this game can be fun, it's still not close to being finished or good.
  18. Lewbio

I just did a quick search, one of the results is: http://games.on.net/2014/05/dust-514-coming-to-pc-as-project-legion/

Assuming this is a reputable source then it looks like it is indeed coming to pc, although who knows how long it will be before a playable beta/game comes out.
  19. Paragon Exile

I'm in shock.

Planetside 2 fans supporting the devs and the game in public?! Impossibru!
    • Up x 2
  20. Aractain

I don't get why so many people like CCP. Nothing they have done is particularly interesting (other than all the bad stuff lol). EVE is only interesting because of the player base, without which would be forgotten in a instant.