[Suggestion] Tired of overpowered liberators?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Model299, May 2, 2014.

1. Kunavi

You mean tired of people who are in turn tired of pulling AA just to get rekt mid way? :p Seriously the SG is dangerous but getting there? Survivability? TEAMWORK? 2ndary roles when Air decides to scram? Not happening, I won't go pull that SG, if I see Libs it's Spawn Camp 24/7 ;P

BUT... If I see some planning, like 2-3 MAX and 1-2 HAs going at it then I'll join and if it works I'll gladly play the Objective instead of camp. Do you see that? No? Thought so. Bad Spawn Room design doesn't help. Lack of other roles for AA doesn't help either. In other FPS, AA vehicles are lethal to infantry and lighter units.

Ask for these things, not making Libs useless again.
  2. Paisty

Because since WDS there are many of them spammed at once and AA is left intentionally unable to kill any libs unless the pilot just sucks.

Simple as that.

They put up walls to stop ground vehicles from doing the same thing, then cut the dome shields from development. SOE logic.......
    • Up x 1
  3. jiggu

My only real issue with air is how most A2G platforms can do other things as well with their guns but the dedicated AA platforms cannot do much else. I'd say buff the skyguard against ground targets or allow them to drive back to a vehicle bay to refit. I'd pull AA so much more if I didn't know in two minutes I would either be dead to anything anti-me or all the air will be gone and I will have nothing to do and thus wasted my resources.
    • Up x 2
  4. lothbrook

Air needs dedicated roles, no more rotary + rocket pods, and lib guns need to be 100% AI or AV, no more pulling a zerphyr and slamming a tank with them, and dalton needs splash completely removed, shredder could probably lose the explosive damage, as it does nothing against vehicles anyway.

Also revert the baseline liberator resistances against tank rounds and dumbfire rockets.

Otherwise where the hell is my passive AI gun on my VG or Lightning, or my AP rounds on my Skyguard.
    • Up x 2
  5. Deadreach

Because in battle, You don't just "Have a rocket for that" The Game was originally built, Like Planetside 1, for each player to choose his own.
    Look at Planet-side 1, Because its free now. You level to the level cap(I don't know what it is now, so lets go with the originally 20)
    Each level you get a Qualification(Cert Point) and you picked what your were certed for, then you were good at that. If you wanted to by a A2G god. You would Cert your Engineer/pilot tools, then you would max out the Air tree to get to the Reaver(Which was CP) so you would spend a chunk of your certs to get the Scout Mossie, The Attack Mossie, the Pilot trainning, and finally the Reaver which was the A2G air vehicle. then, you were a pilot, and you could pull your Reaver at all times, no CD's no Resource limit, Spawn at the Sanctuary or a base, and fly to battle.

Your Skyguard and maxes are trumped because your maxes limit their angles to about80 degrees up and a 180 cone in front of them, sitting in the Certfarm room(Spawnroom), so, they dont get to see everything, or, they are also playing Rambo, with no engineers nearby. alone. Skyguards are a piece of armor, a vehicle type which INFANTRY side, has been nerfing to the ground, but also, is kinda like a support vehicle to an armor column, So yea, You pull a SINGLE skyguard, go sit in the middle of the open, and try and tickle the lib, Your now the ONLY piece of AA in the Area.

In real life, Armies don't just have an AA tank on the side of a hill, or a single AA turret. We have Forts/Installations, Multiple turrets multiple missiles, AND WE WOULD SEND ATTACK FIGHTERS(AIR) to eliminate BOMBERS(AIR) Sony originally had it, If you went AA in a ESF, You are the AIR COUNTER, and the AA ground units(iRockets,Skyguards,maxes,People that think that there Small arms should be able to kill anything, etc) are just deterrents to make air steer clear of the area.

P.S. Do you EVEN fly? Or are you one of the 75% of people in this game with 6 sec re-spawns that sit in a spawn room waiting for the base to flip, complaining about how you cant Rambo people? If more of you Infantry types, would move out into the base, it would spread the attack force to move about, and not focus on the 2 smallest areas of any base(The spawn doors)
  6. Scure

ESF is perfect to kill Libs. Just get a team and kill them. Plus Valkyrie is coming... wait for it and lets see how the air balance turns out.
    • Up x 1
  7. Paisty

I cut the rest out because you are missing a couple things right here.

The Dalton is a Rocket for everything.

This is not PS1, here aircraft are spammable and each aircraft can kill air, ground vehicles and infantry.

Since the beginning of PS2 everyone has had the option of certing everything on one character.

So I am not sure what point you are trying to make.

You wait around for the next aircraft to use for farming infantry, alot of others have already left or cut way back on their PS2 play time due too the air farming everything on the ground.

Since release of this game, "Wait and see how this fixes things" has been said about so many things it is not funny. Every time that thing is added, there is more wait time for it to be fixed. No one with any sense that has been around for a year is going to actually wait, we know that it is carrot on a stick that we will never catch.

**** were still waiting for Hossin 12 months after it's release date.......
    • Up x 1
  8. z1967

I'm tired of people not knowing that you need ~105 rounds of Skyguard to hit a Lib in order to bring it down. I really wish I didn't need to stack with 2 or more other Skyguard to bring down a TB lib :|
    • Up x 3
  9. Owen W.

I'm also tired of people not knowing that this game is also about grouping up and pulling a bunch of Skyguards together. Teamplay exists for a reason: bringing down the stronger enemy. What ? You think you should be able to take it down on you own ? *laughs* I'm afraid that you'll find that this is not possible.

However, I agree that the Skyguard needs a small damage buff to go against a Tankbuster without dying instantly.
  10. DashRendar

High skill AA? Oh, you mean ESFs?
    • Up x 1
  11. Corporate Thug

Stop saying coordination! I rarely see any coordination from any outfits on any of the U.S. servers. Communication is not coordination. Setting a way point or rallying at some smoke isn't coordination, nor is asking people to pull a certain type of unit. It is all just spamming. Infantry are spammed, vehicles are spammed and we all just play to win, by any cheese necessary.

People will say coordination to imply that what they are doing is complex or requires ever so much attention to detail in order for it to succeed or operate. I haven't seen coordination since the launch of PS2. What you dudes are doing is pure spamming and thinking you are better than others because your oh so great play style is still intact.

The problem is that air units defy the laws of physics while other units are bound by them, such as my tank turning wider when I'm moving faster. If you hover then your forward movement shouldn't also be at 100% speed. It makes all air units capable of hover spamming and air battles plain boring IMO. Real VTOL aircraft would have been more welcome in PS2 than the space ships we have now.

Air units don't cost enough resources when you consider their traditional role on the battlefield. Real world planes have a much higher cost than any ground unit, therefore would be less common. Too cheap and spammed, but but force multipliers.

AA sucks badly and there is much more risk to the person on AA duty than there is to the guy in the sky. Pilots remove themselves from those high risk situations and place themselves in mostly situations where there is only high reward, making others miserable.

Vehicles are designed with ease of use in mind, but that makes them more than force multipliers, it makes them cheesy and click spam fests. I don't think anyone has a problem with vehicles being in game, just the way they are used and how anyone can pick one up and be better at this game because of it.

There should be more depth to vehicle combat. It should be fun and it should require skill. At this point, I doubt anything will change and we are all just living in fantasy land. Air will always be spammed and zergs will always be unstoppable because of so. Players who do want some type of competitive gameplay will quit because they are just spammed on every front thanks to the devolution of our game. I wish there was coordination instead of a bunch of large groups moving down a lane, some hoping to find a fight. Am I the only one who finds it odd that we needed lattice and alerts to help us find each other and fight in a FPS game? That says a lot to me about how competitive our community is or how much the average player thinks about balance.
    • Up x 1
  12. Campagne

Why not just call it an Air Harasser and leave it to SOE to "fix?"

It has the same "issues" that the Harasser had, once upon a time.

Even more so, the exact same nerfs would even be in line with it. :p
  13. z1967

Yeah, I feel that one Skyguard should not have to run from a TB lib since both have one pilot and have weapons meant to kill each other. Stacked AA is also one of the bigger complaints of pilots, making individual units more powerful at their job makes less units necessary and therefore makes less units to need to skillfully take out (TB, lolpods to the rear etc.). That is just my logic, and I can't say it with a straight face that my logic is never flawed.

I think certain vehicle weapons should grant buffs and debuffs against certain weapon types. Like Skyguard granting a much higher top armor thickness or AP granting better front armor. You could either stack the benefits with the appropriate slots or diversify your loadout by equipping other certain slots (like front and side armor). Probably would not apply to infantry weapons as there are just way too many to reasonably balance.
  14. GaBeRock

The balancing is simple- since ESFs are smaller, more mobile targets, they're harder to hit, and can escape faster. A skilled user could kill them, but it would actually be harder to kill an ESF than a liberator.
  15. The Rogue Wolf

Yeah, guys! Let's pull a half-dozen Skyguards! And then when we've deterred (not destroyed) the air forces, we can leave those tanks sitting in the dirt, because they are useless for everything else.

At least MAXes can change loadouts.
    • Up x 1
  16. ABATTLEDONKEY

I take on libs all the time and win. wethinks the problem isnt balance, but individuals attitudes towards addressing a problem.
    • Up x 1
  17. ABATTLEDONKEY

If you pull 6 skyguards, and only deter enemy aircraft, the problem is most certainly operator error. Vehicle loadout swaps are a must, but 6 skyguards could EASILY take on 6+ libs and a few esfs assuming the skyguard drivers were worth their salt.
  18. ValorousBob

Stopped reading right there.
    • Up x 1
  19. MasterFancyPants

There was a high skill counter to libs: AP, two hard to make hits, one dead lib.
    It was removed.
    Now, it takes more AP rounds to kill a lib than a another MBT.

Edit: Also, I like how lib-ers always say "coordination will bring down libs." How much coordination does it take for you and your buddy to call in Skype, and hop in a lib?
  20. Corporate Thug

I gave you a thumbs up because it is important to know your limitations and you do know yourself. You probably wouldn't have understood the point I was trying to make so good job.