Medics Overshield

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdamRah2, May 2, 2014.

1. AdamRah2

Okay i was just speaking with my friend ryan and something occurred to me, Medics AOE heal stacks with nanoweave 5, that gives them like 2575 effective health, Whilst heavies with resist get about 1500 for 6 seconds, why not add ramp up time on AOE so it can't be used offensively? rather than take away heavies already UP, NMG and Adred, resist is fine as it stands also
  2. Hatesphere

isn't the AOE heal slow slow that when you are under fire you are lucky if it soaked one extra bullet? sounds like someone is a bitter heavy player.

honestly i think for this heavy shield spool up, heavies should be a bit slower in general but receive 100 extra HP
    • Up x 5
  3. kadney

Where did you get your magic numbers on the heal- and tickrate of NRD? I doubt that it will make any notable difference in a combat situation since it will barely be able to compensate incoming damage at all.
    • Up x 1
  4. AdamRah2

well the number is actually over that, Rank 3 AOE heals 1000hp and abit more, rank 5 nano is relative to 250 hp and 1000hp is base health, so this number is basically rank 3 aoe and rank 5 nano, you'd have more health than a max with bigger ranks and the latency on the NRD is about - 100HP so still, pretty bloody beastly
  5. RyanGUK

I think considering Medics are a support class, not an offensive class like the Heavy Assault, it should be kept the same.
    • Up x 1
  6. Paisty

Shush you.

Do not ruin the medic ball revenge before it gets rolling.
  7. AdamRah2

meh but they have assault rifles? i can't really hit them with vaynews penus aka orion, i'm just asking for ramp up time, they can still heal others but not use it as a shield
  8. AdamRah2

holy crap i forgot about medic ball, that's like consistant 4000HP+ if everyone has like max nano and AOE
  9. Hatesphere

I dont think I have ever seen that happen once. the power of the medic ball is the ability to revive each other and keep it rolling.
  10. Hatesphere

again he asked about tick rate. as in how fast does the AOE heal refill HP compared to the HA shield instant buffer.
  11. RyanGUK

Or make it so it doesn't heal themselves, there's another thought.
  12. AdamRah2

i Haven't done a formula for it but i have tested the refill vs buff rate :) it varies on the bullet so let's say it's from a gauss saw as it's what i tested with AOE heal one shot in about 1 second so the ratio is about 0,5seconds per 100HP i tested this on heavy with a resto kit, got the same result. as for heavy shield buff there's too many factors involved esp for NMG and adred, Resist is 49% off of what's hitting you dps wise, so i can't tell you mathematically, it varies but the medic would come out on top due to assault rifles, range the situation varies man there's no flat answer but from my view point in CQC medic would dominate heavy
  13. AdamRah2

or make it so that it stops healing when they're shot like when you use a resto kit when you cloak? :D that seems like so much better i don't get why they never put that in, but tbf engie gets infinite ammo so why doesn't medic get infinite health? :/
  14. Hatesphere

TTK in ps2 is under a second on most weapons, the medic gains 200hp in that second. the HA gains an instant on buffer of something closer to 400 - 500 effective HP in an instant. sound like you arent sure what you are talking about.

the medic AR DPS can be pretty brutal, but the CQC heavy should win out in most situations, and happens to in most of my experience. the difference is HAs tend to get slowly chipped away at, and medics can approach a fight at full HP most times if they have half a brain. its like free med kits.
  15. DashRendar

Your friend Ryan needs to get his facts straight. I've played Heavy extensively, the overshield is lifeblood, you are mortal when it is down. I also run Nanoweave Medic during squad ops with fully certed AOE heal ability and I believe the amount of engagements where the AOE has allowed me to survive 1 more bullet are in the minority. Maybe 2 bullets if it was extreme range and I was popping cover.

Maybe the Medic can heal close to that amount of eHP over a full charge cycle while wearing Nano 5, but as far as that being his eHP pool, you are sorely mistaken.

"Medic can self heal 200HP over 1s" Yeah? And given the average fire rate of a 143 damage weapon, the most commonly used damage tier in the game, the refire time is .08s. What's your point?
    • Up x 1
  16. AdamRah2

as i said, my theroum is situation i'm talking 1 v 1 fight at 10m for most scenarios
  17. AdamRah2

Gun
    DPS
    Certs
    Movement
    Missed Bullets
    Time
    Latency (Home Ping)
    Hit detection
    Serverside Ping

these all have a factor, my theroum is under ''ideal conditions''
  18. Regpuppy

The problem with these numbers is that medic does not get it all at once like the heavy. It ticks in very slowly, when compared to the sub-second TTK's in this game. The only place this starts making a noticeable difference is mid range. The only point this makes a medic nearly hard to kill 1v1 is long to extreme ranges, to which they'll also have a hard time killing a heavy or anyone with a medkit/resto kit.

The only "ideal" conditions where a medic is able to utilize all of this "effective" HP you're quoting is if someone is using single shot mode every half second instead of really ripping into them. At best, they're maybe getting a few hundred extra effective HP out of any close to mid range fight (you quoted 10 meters, which is close)
  19. DashRendar

Your theorem is wrong *hangs up phone*
    • Up x 1
  20. D3GGY

*admires DashRendar for not writing the proper spelling of theorem and accentuating it slightly*

I'm a grammar Terran.