[Guide] Why I bail out of aircraft

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NyaR, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Teeman

Pilots tend to mention the enormous amount of time, effort and skill it takes to be a good pilot and they deserve the XP and bailing is pathetic and has no honour blah blah blah
    Do they use that immense skill in epic air battles no….…95% of the time they farm infantry, now and then kill any enemy pilot stopping those farming infantry but mostly they farm infantry where’s the honour in that?

Me I use air as a taxi, as long as it gets me nearer the proper fight on the ground I don't care how I die but bailing always seems more defiant, a final F**K YOU FLYBOY as I fall to my death ;)
    • Up x 3
  2. WarmasterRaptor

Good sportsmanship would ALSO be accepting the other player still had a trick up his sleeve and used it. You don't cry about it.

Ask for a TRUE DUEL THEN. Establish RULES BEFOREHAND. You gotta warn the other of the imaginary rules you want to play with. We're not in your head. just sayin'
    • Up x 2
  3. umbrellapower

Bailing out of an aircraft is quite different from being a MAX/HE MBT *****. Your effectiveness as an ESF pilot is not dictated by whether or not you fly as a Light Assault.

"Getting things done" could be a valid argument for choosing to play in a so called dishonorable way, but for the majority of those who play to farm, i.e. ***** vehicles and MAXes, it's just an excuse for mindblowing levels of hatred for good FPS gameplay and a love of the KDR statistic.

PS2 has too much player choice, IMO. It would be better off if players were restricted in what they could do, because it's been proven over more than a year and a half that the majority of players are ******** and can't be relied upon to create a fun environment. Really, reflect back upon your sessions in PS2: what amount of the fights you participated in were actually fun and balanced? I tried playing last night and fought at three bases. One was 30/70, the other 35/65, and the final one 45/55. The 45/55 one actually was fun for a few minutes, and the rest of the my time was just spent pondering how it was fun for either side camping/being camped (it's not).

In a game with too much freedom, most players will take the easy way out because there's absolutely no penalty. It kind of sucks.
  4. WarmasterRaptor

Ironically says the NC player :eek:

Just kidding man ;)
    • Up x 4
  5. DQCraze

I bail out of my flash when I get a lock on.
    • Up x 3
  6. Ghenko

Umbrella, I get where you are coming from. But personally I think the freedom to do whatever u want is the reason I like this game. With more restriction, you sometimes find yourself in what you think of as a "no fun" situation with no alternatives other than stop playing. This game is what you make of it. If you are not having fun, then go find something else to do in the game. There are lots of options.
    • Up x 2
  7. LightningDriver

As I spend most of my time being an engineer repairing your vehicles, people who waste their time defining fair play should stop being a wimp and shoot down more aircraft that are trying to pick me off while I'm doing my best to keep you and your tank or max alive. I don't care if they bail or not, I can't repair you if my character dies.
    • Up x 3
  8. WarmasterRaptor

That's not when it literally flips itself out of fear!
    Because we all know flashes are sentient and hate humans... that's why they kill so many of us and make it look like a suicide...
    • Up x 3
  9. JEFCCC

Well, I'm an American who plays games all day, so when I think sport, I think of that stupid competitive stuff I see on the TV while eating loads of McDonalds and randomly shooting at third world nations
  10. JEFCCC

YOU DISGRACE OF AN NC!!!!!!

In all seriousness, freedom is one of the fee things that makes this game great. If you want a restricted game, play COD or something, but the freedom is the only way to make a game like this work in my opinion. If the game just told you where to go, then it'd be more like several cod maps chained together rather than planetside
    • Up x 1
  11. Daikar

You are probably correct, and I think it's great that we can have different opinions.
    • Up x 2