[Video] Dual Vortex gameplay.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Ganjis, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Ganjis

I finally got the other Vortex on sale not long ago and had the perfect opportunity to use them during the last double XP weekend. This weapon is really good at AV and perfectly serviceable against nearby (relative to their size) aircraft, but is terrible against infantry.

I love this weapon when the situation favours it. Support is pretty-much a requirement for this weapon if you dual-wield it, so flak armour is recommended.
  2. XXBLACKATTACKXX

I wish you could change it so it had two firing modes
    Auto
    Charge

Sometimes you want to spam it but hitting both mouse buttons like a madman makes it VERY hard to control it

With two firing modes you can just hold it down and either shoot a massive charge shot or a rapid uncharged shot.
    Anyway nice videos.
    Good job
  3. JoCool

Really accurate and useful against vehicles.

And then there are people crying for a nerf of the Pounders... that have three times the TTK of Dual Mercies already and take awesome aiming skills to become useful. Especially against moving targets.

Good videos!
  4. XXBLACKATTACKXX

People hate the pounder because it makes an earthquake lol
    They are super good at Ai too.
    But I do NOT support any nerf at all to them.
  5. JoCool

They are **** at AI duty. Not "super good", not even close. Even if you consider you hit every shot.

Tell me the TTK you need against a Heavy.
    Tell me the TTK you need against a Heavy at 25 meters that is moving (let's say, one miss, plus half a second upfront to properly align your volley).
    Now compare that to the TTK of: Dual stock AI primaries of TR, NC, and VS.
    Now compare that TTK to Falcons and Comets.
    Now try in live-action to shoot enemy Libbies with them, like you'd do with the other factions AV variants.

Now factor in movement of those players, consider you do not hit every shot.
    Now see how long you need to kill 2 hostile Infantry players (including reloads, hint: you need at least one) please.
    Compare your Kills/min with them compared to any other AI Max dual weapons configuration.

Then come to the conclusion, and please tell us if you still consider them "super good".

Because mate, honestly, if you do, I'd like to have you PM me, to tell me where I could get the same cr*ck you've been smoking! ;)
  6. RealityWarrior

They may not be good at 1vs1 AI but as suppression and spamming... I have been killed way too many times by pounders being fired from a max I can't even see.