How to force 32 bit in PS2?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by King Feraligatr, Apr 28, 2014.

1. King Feraligatr

How do I force the 32 bit executable in this game? Is it as simple as renaming the .exes? I ask this because my performance has notably decreased in the past weeks. I get more lag spikes, graphical glitches, lower average FPS, etc. than usual. I know my low performance is mostly due to my low end laptop, but I'm wondering if the 64 bit .exe has anything to do with my lower performance (I have a 64 bit OS so of course that's why the game chooses the .exe). Also, it could be any combination of hardware wear, SOE's poorly tested patches finally affecting me more, the server I mainly play on, and so on. All I'm saying is that my performance has noticeably decreased and I would like to try to see if the 32 bit .exe increases performance. Any help on how to force 32 bit would be good.
  2. Corporate Thug

You can not :( If you rename it then the launcher will download a new version of the 64bit client and launch that. It does an integrity check. I think it checks the O/S version on start up and predetermines which client it should load once it is done patching, so unless you can alter the method call to see which O/S you are running, you can't. I'm just a nooby programmer with out a lot of experience and have failed each time I tried to get my 32bit back :(
  3. Taemien

Did you try changing the names, AFTER the launcher does its check and before you click play?
  4. FateJH

Start LaunchPad. While Launchpad is running ...
    Delete PlanetSide2_x64.exe. Copy-paste PlanetSide2_x86.exe and rename the copy to PlanetSide2_x64.exe.
    This will only fool the Launchpad once. It will download and replace the correct exe files each time you start it up. There's most likely a decent way to batch-file this process.

Edit note: SOE does not seem to want users who would use 64-bit to run in 32-bit.
    • Up x 1
  5. Corporate Thug

I did and it will just crash, but FateJH has a solution that should work.

Thanks. Didn't think about renaming the 32bit :)
  6. King Feraligatr

Forcing the 32 bit using what some of you suggested worked. I'm getting better performance and less lag. Thanks!
  7. theholeyone

Here's a batch file to do the trick, simply put in PS2 directory as text file and rename extension to .bat shortcut from desktop and away you go

Code:
    del brokenas****.exe
    rename PlanetSide2_x64.exe brokenas****.exe
    copy PlanetSide2_x86.exe PlanetSide2_x64.exe
    pause
    del PlanetSide2_x64.exe
    rename brokenas****.exe PlanetSide2_x64.exe
    Launch the batch file after the launcher says ready, it'll pause halfway through, just leave it there. When you're done gaming press any key on the bat file screen and it will swap the files back again so you don't have to redownload everytime you open the launcher.

******* lol, censorship asterixes, don't copy them btw
  8. Money

here you go Step by step for novices:

Let the Launcher open but don't hit the play button.
    Hit the Options button and click the "Open Game Directory" button
    Scroll down to the Planetside2_x64 application file, right click it and hit rename. Change the file name to something else(I typically just put an "x" before the file name)
    Rename the file Planetside2_x86 to Planetside2_x64
    Close the directory
    Press Play
    Enjoy!