Quick Note on Optimization

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by codeForge, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Azarga

Since last patch when they rolled back x64 client I get horrible framerates. On pre-patch x32 client in big battles I used to get 35-45 fps, but now I get numbers around 20, accompanied with really noticeable input lag.

x64 worked fine for me, just as previous x32, but now my framerates are actually the worst that I ever got since Beta.

MUH KDR DECREASES BECAUSE OF THIS SOE >:[
    • Up x 1
  2. MedLuke

Same here. Since they rolled back the 64bit client I've been getting under 20 FPS in big zerg fights on LOW settings, while before I was getting 25-30 FPS in the same situation, only using MEDIUM settings.... Cmon SOE, something went wrong when you guys rolled back the client...
  3. Vivicector

64 bit. FPS is still awful, but now game also crashes constantly. Good job.
  4. Smagjus

5. BigCrow

I got 10-20 fps in x64 client and 40-60 fps in x86 (32 bit) client.

SO just let me choose which client to run SOE
  6. XgamerII

Long live Planetside 2!!!
  7. Prestoned

Three words then three more. "elusive memory leak" slow but surely.
  8. Magicool

yup PS2 has a slow memory leak

let's hope they will ever fix it
  9. Frostbitten

You don't have any specs written so your complaining is pretty much useless.

Write full specs, maybe it defaults to integrated graphics in 64-bit client.
  10. BigCrow

This is notebook, so it only has one, integrated GPU
    Which works fine with 32 bit.

Specs are
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
    4096MB RAM
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 :/
  11. Frostbitten

Come on man, I have one notebook with HD4000 and that thing is pretty much useless. How did you manage to squeeze 40fps first time? :)
  12. BigCrow

I managed to squeeze 50-60 fps from it on 32 bit
  13. Jezs

RenderQuality=0.000001 will do wonders for your framerate :p
  14. Nerkun

Because they are p2p? I bet PS2 would skyrocket in improvements if all of us paid a monthly sub.
  15. Noppa

Game is working just fine ATM, the internet maintenance they did seem to fix most of the netcode issues.

That said the freezes are back in the game, that annoying 0.1-0.5 sec freeze u get from time to time, but other than that... no complaining here.. GJ SOE.
  16. CaliBased

i currently am running a i7-4820k and gtx 770 2gbram.

sometimes while i am playing, for instance when i die, my screen will flicker black then go back to normal. sometimes this is followed by minor fps stutter. Sometimes the client its self will not stablize after this flicker and just crashes. On a few occasions i have exited the client after it stutters and notice on the corner toolbar it says my video driver had crashed and recovered.

what can i do to fix this??? i want to be able to stream live/ record gameplay. i can already play 60-120fps on ultra but this little kink is getting very annoying.
  17. Jezs

Going back to the 332.21 drivers will probably help with this
  18. Meshblorg

Are they going to optimize any more? I want my GPU to do more of the work because CPU is always set to the bottleneck, as labeled [CPU] next to fps.
  19. ZerpyDerpDerp

Now I'm getting 30-50fps, when I was getting 50-60 two weeks ago. I already have everything off and running at a low res. The fact that this is a two year old post and performance is getting worse worries me.
  20. Gdano

Everytime I play I got lots of laags...everytime so "mini laags" , not so funny at all... never had any problems yet :( ! plz do something Sony! :eek: