Least Favorite Light Assault Weapon

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by TheSeer, Apr 29, 2014.

1. TheSeer

Planetside 2 is down right now... so off to Forumside I go!

I've played Light Assault for a bit now, and I have pretty much used all the guns available for the class. Most people would discuss their favorite or best gun, but I am more curious about which guns are the worst of the bunch.

For me, I my least favorite gun would be the Solstice Burst. It's damage is average, the rate of fire is slow, the bullet velocity is average, and I'm stuck with this nasty burst fire mode that is not very helpful.

Can it be used for mid range? Sure, but I rather take the Pulsar C or Serpent.
    Can it be used for close range? Sure, but I rather take the VX6-7 or a SMG.
  2. Kronic

Failstorm. That thing is so bad lol. No idea why I still have a loadout for that pos.
  3. Moz

Gauss Compact S.

The under barrel options are nice but not enough to make up for everything else.
  4. VanuSShooter

Serpent for me is more of a CQC weapon so idk why you would use it in Mid rage ... I do like using Pulsar C in all ranges though ...
  5. MajiinBuu

Burst weapons are best at long range. Just think of it as a semi-auto scout, but with burstfire instead of single shot.
  6. TheSeer

I know what you mean, I have some pretty bad loadouts at the moment, fun, but seriously awful. I've never used the PDW-16 Hailstorm, so I don't know how bad it is. Care to elaborate?

Yea, it is akin to the Solstice SF and the TRAC-5 S. They are alright, but man are they boring to shoot, I guess the gun is useful for Engineers since they can resupply their own grenades.

Try the Serpent VE92 with the IRNV and the forward grip. Traditionally, the Serpent is used for CQC, but I found the cone of fire and the recoil to be very small on it, so mid range bursts will hit enemies pretty reliable. Anyway I'm done with the weapon, but it was fun when I used it this way.

BTW, what is your least favorite carbine? You haven't satisfied my curiosity yet.

Meh, I can burst fire pretty reliable manually, and I don't seem to find carbines to be very effective at long range, perhaps I'm just bad at it.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention, I also hate the Nova. I painfully Auraxiumed it, and I wished I didn't. It is a stupid gun, and I don't want to touch it ever again. (It could be a good gun, but I had a nasty experience with it)
  7. Losda

my least favorite carbine is the vx6-7. i effing hate it. i'm an ADS-player favoring up-left recoil patterns, the vxCrap-7 is the complete opposite of what i like so to say. i was so full of joy when i auraxed that piece of junk and went to the ns11-c to aurax that one. done that also already, only the zenith is left (which i only like because of the 0.75 MM) and then i can finally go back to my beloved carbine. the serpent. can't wait for that day. srsly.
  8. palto1826

its hard to say...i have honestly had a great time since starting to use the solstice burst...as log as you stay within the ranges it is meant for you will almost never lose a firefight...its especially good for the people who have a hard time remembering to tap fire at distance...i think now my least favorite weapon to use is the shotguns with slugs which is sad because it used to be great (i know it was nerf'd cause the vs were the only ones using them because of the no bullet drop but man i wish it wasnt so harsh, then they could have buff'd the other factions to have only a slight drop to make all the shotguns with slugs on par with each other)
    • Up x 1
  9. Iridar51

For me that would be NS-11C. I've only used it a very short amount of time, but during that time I felt like I was using a BB gun.
    • Up x 2
  10. reydelchicken

Any shotgun.

I don't like them much since I have to be really close to anyone to hit them, and if you use slugs they're too inaccurate while moving to really be used at range.
    • Up x 2
  11. asdfPanda

The T5 AMC.

Yes, I've heard that it's a headshot machine. However, I don't like it.
    • Up x 1
  12. Kronic

Its TTK is just too low. However its ADS accuracy got buffed so it could okay now I guess if you're the type of guy who actually ADS' with SMGs. I personally almost never do with the exception being the NS7 PDW.
  13. Bankrotas

Razor GD-23, cause there are no useful "long range" light assaults.
    • Up x 1
  14. Larolyn

AC-X11 - For ranged work the Gauss Compact Burst and Razor outperform it vastly. For mid range work, the Razor and Merc are far better options. Just everything about this gun is bad and I hate it and yes it has been buffed, no I haven't tried it out, no I will not try it out. Razor / Burst are my favourite Carbines and I will stick by them.
    • Up x 1
  15. z1967

I have a love hate relationship with the Trac 5 Burst. I use it on my mid range focused stealth loadout but I absolutely hate the weapon. FRSM is way too damn high for a burst weapon and the stats of it are laughable. Its only advantage is being great for getting a bit of ranged power early on in the game but it honestly sucks. I am drawing up a revamp for all burst weapons so we can improve them and make them more competitive for a loadout slot.

Oh, and the road to auraxium it is more frustrating than hitting every red light on the way to work...
  16. Iridar51

What's there to draw, reduce vertical recoil by half, make FSRM = 1x and introduce an artificial refire rate between bursts to decrease overall rate of fire. Voila, accurate burst weapon that doesn't promote overclicking or using macros.
  17. reydelchicken

Burst fire weapons needs 0.75x ADS movement speed. That's really all they need, since recoil is not much of an issue if you pace your shots together (basically move your mouse faster for first shot, then slow down for the next shots, and then move your mouse faster again).
  18. Sagabyte

It seriously needs a relook. I really think it needs to be more like a 698/143 with a higher kick and a somewhat higher reload speed.
  19. reydelchicken

I disagree with this, just bought the gun.. and damn that thing is beast. It's basically a t5-amc with .75x ads move speed and really fast reload time. I still haven't go auraxium with it yet since I've only had it for a few hours though.

Bullet velocity is a bit on the low side, but HVA fixes this and allows the weapon to be used VERY effectively to about the range of the HS/NV scope. As a first impression though, the hipfire is usable even with compensator, recoil is easy to manage, it kills very fast, since it's easy to hit most of your shots on the target. Additionally it's a great ADAD dueling weapon since it has great accuracy on the move, is accurate and fires at a decent RoF.
  20. Sagabyte

It doesn't feel like a nanite systems weapon though. It needs to have a more "average" feel to it in order to maintain the NS mantra. I believe the AMC on the other hand should be a more unique gun for mid range combat. The NS-11c is too close to that AMC.

The 11-C is like a pepper spray to me. It's gonna get people hurt, but it doesn't kill them in the end.