pump or heavy pump?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Golconda, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Golconda

so does the tighter CoF compensate for that 1 less pellet shot? what do you think it's best to be used on an heavy assault?
  2. Prudentia

The 1 pellet more increases the likely hood of a One hit kill.
    however when ever you can't get the kill with the first shot with the Heavy pump the Pump becomes better, due to the higher RoF.
    Also when there is more than one enemy the Pump becomes better because you can OHK anyway so you can kill more people faster
    • Up x 3
  3. RF404

The tighter spread compensates more than enough for the one less pellet and in fact makes the regular pump able to OHK at further distance than the heavy pump.

You can test this yourself by going to the VR room and firing them both at friendly VR dummies that are on the 10 m mark on the firing range (cause you can't see health on the enemy dummies at that distance). Then compare how much health they have left after 1 shot.

The heavy pump will on average deplete the shield and chip in a bit on the health bar, while the regular pump will only leave a sliver of health left.
    • Up x 2
  4. Golconda

thanks, I think I'll go with the uppercut then :D
  5. OddChelsea

Literally the only thing the 2nd gen pumps really have going for them is they look better. Save for the NC where both look fine. Dat bling on the Deimos and Blackjack.
  6. Shanther

Or you can not add to the problem of Shotgunside.
    • Up x 2
  7. Corporate Thug

Just get a LMG, AR or carbine and learn to peak corners like a pro and not **** yourself. You will also become more competent at aiming if you don't take the easier road to winning your encounters.
  8. DrPapaPenguin

CoF is the better choice IMHO.
  9. Trebb

Usually when I'm killed by a shotgun, I go into a rage, and switch to my EZ mode LA / Uppercut combo. I have no idea if it's better than the other shotguns, but it just feels juicier when you float behind 3+ people and just splat them in 2 seconds.

Then the rage subsides and I go back to normal skill based weapons.
    • Up x 2
  10. Prudentia

Tech camo son. Tech Camo
    Platinum EVERYTHING!
  11. Kanil

Neither, go with the default semi everyone has.

If you must take a PA, go with the 10 pellet one. The extra rate of fire results in you dying a lot less when you have to fight more than one person. Dying less is always nice.

Edit:
    I also agree with this gentleman. You should really play something skillful, like SMG infiltrator. Or perhaps a heavy, with his infinite ammo LMG, insta-kill rocket, and free HP shield. 'course, if you want even more durability, you could always pull a skillsuit, and pwn those lowly newbie scrubs. MAXes are allergic to bullets though, so a better choice would probably be an MBT. Twin cannons of tyranny, baby! Hell, slap on some more armor and make it fly, and you're now in a Liberator and have achieved maximum MLG status.
    • Up x 4
  12. Simferion

This.
    Only use the Heavy pump to auraxium it. With crappy hit detection and so on, the RoF is very important and anyway the better spread helps you to survive .
    • Up x 1
  13. Kunavi

Use SkillGuns. That is all. Do NOT follow any advice about learning to counter them, do not even try. Why bother? ForumSide agrees that it's better to join the problem that ask SOE to solve it. ShotSide2! And yes I do the exact same thing, I pull my SkillGun and take care of the pest that spam it. They usually leave to farm other areas where people aren't raging. Yet.
  14. Prudentia

#360hipfire845rpmSerpent #Shotgunnersgetrekt
    The best weapon against Shotguns is a brain, which is really unbalanced cause that makes the game Evolution2Win. SOE should really fix that and reduce the amount of thinking required, so all the super high skilled players can focus their full thinking power on countering the always same recoil they love so much
    • Up x 2