The Roughnecks Clan...

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by ViperSixAlpha, Apr 13, 2014.

1. ViperSixAlpha

Hello everyone, I would like to take a minute to tell anyone in search of an outfit about the Roughnecks. Firstly, our home server is Mattherson and we are TerranRepublic.

Our focus as a Clan is disciplined teamwork. We socialize while transporting but we're all business when on mission. People have described us as easygoing yet tactical. We aren't impressed with the "Run and Gun", "Army of One", types that seem to fill the game. There IS room in this great game for a more serious approach, the mechanics are there you just need to find people willing to use them.

We avoid "Zerg" situations (50 players on a single point territory) and prefer to depend on each other as a team when we are on point instead of what I like to call the beacon or sundy "Treadmill of Doom" scenario. We've all been there, your whole squad deploys one or two at a time and runs straight into the enemy defenses, you get mowed down, rinse and repeat. Not us, we move as a group, and we stick together. We assign classes to people and everyone has a job to do. Those who don't have the patience or self control to do their job and work as a team are soon removed from our squads.

We are a new outfit, and looking to grow, but responsibly. We don't send out mass invites, we don't recruit indiscriminately, and we require our members to log into their account in-game and on our Clan Forum at least once a month. As a result all of our members are active and we have virtually no dead weight.

When we recruit new people we do so in person, in-game. Our guidelines for recruiting are primarily based on 50% personality, 40% teamwork, and 10% skill. We don't care if you are a beast on the field with a massive K/D ratio, or a level 100 God of the game. Everyone should be trying to improve their game. If you're a dick, we want nothing to do with you. All of our members are required to use a microphone and be at least sixteen years old.

The Roughnecks are a clan first, using the outfit system of PS2 to recruit. We operate independently of the game and when the day comes when we decide to move on to another game, we plan to do it as a Clan. If you are interested in joining through our PS2 outfit you can search for myself: ViperSixAlpha, or one of my officers: MrYakk, Icemanfive, or SirMarth01, in game. We have a regular Clan night every Saturday at 9pm Central and our squads will have Roughneck in the title if lead by an officer. Our clan tag is: [RFNX].
    If all this sounds good, then you're the kind of player we are looking for. I look forward to meeting you...

-ViperSixAlpha
    Captain, The Roughnecks
    Mattherson TR
    • Up x 1
  2. DuhDavor

Roughnecks is an AWESOME clan that i've been running with for two weeks, they get stuff done fast and easy, NC and VS better watch out Roughnecks use strategic skills with a small group to get stuff done, Viper is a good leader a long with the two officers
  3. Icemanthemyope2

Roughnecks is a small outfit doing a nice job putting players together who value solid team work. We use in game communication so everybody in the squad/platoon can hear the plan of action. Everybody uses a mic. No drama queens or couch generals yelling your ears off every 3 seconds, just cooperative team play.

We are still looking for like minded individuals, just contact one of the officers in game if you have an interest in running with us: ViperSixAlpha, MrYakk or Icemanfive.

Icemanfive
  4. Hestos

Hey guys, so im just getting back into ps2 after prolly a year off and im looking for a good smaller outfit that doesnt screw around. I played all thru the beta and for the first year on my VS toon Hestos(Waterson). I ended up getting sick of the game casue at the time Waterson had 2 big gaming communties/celebs Total Biscuit TR side and DVS (i think that what their name was) on NC and on a good night we were lucky to have 20% of the population on the VS side.

So coming back i decided on something new new server new faction. Look forward to running with your guys to see how things work out, Ill look for you online or try and be on tomorrow during your clan night.

Ill look for ya on the battlefield Kothas.
  5. Outstanding Civilian

Hi i am new to this game but i'm not new to an mmo first person shooter I was looking for a good outfit to join to help me understand the game and become better, and also have a good time with some friends. This was the first forum where i saw that your game play didn't matter as long as you work as a team. If your willing to put up with my noobieness then i'm willing to put 110% of work into the game to become a better player.

Name in game: OutStandingGuy
    Class:HA(trying)