Server Population Imbalances

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BorgUK1of9, Apr 26, 2014.

1. BorgUK1of9

VS pop right now on Woodman is getting so low its game effecting, I logged onto my Character on Milner and the VS pop there was low too.

Is this something we are seeing across all the servers because as a game balance I know from 10 years of playing PS1 that if any empire drops as low as a regular 25% it becomes very un-enjoyable for the players and they start quitting. On Woodman it seems the VS pop is between 17-30% depending on the day time.

Have SOE made any comments regarding they see an issue ?

I dont suppose like Blizzard they have a character transfer service, I don't fancy re-rolling to start again.
  2. TheFamilyGhost

Quitting when one's side is underpop is counterproductive.

I like being underpop. It adds drama to the game, and its also quite profitable.
    • Up x 1
  3. Hiding in VR

I have noticed its been getting worse. They always had low points, but then an alert would trigger and suddenly the VS would have the highest population! Haven't seen that for a while.

Is there any correlation with the retirement of Chicken Curry?
  4. BorgUK1of9

Alert we just had VS stood no chance with 25% global pop at peak, come on Higby whats going on, if people stop playing an empire its for a good reason, i.e. not balanced or fun to play.
  5. minhalexus

If people stop playing an empire it does not necessarily mean that its for a good reason.

VS recently started being under-popped, while there wasnt any huge major changes made to it.
    TR recently started having a good pop, while they didnt really get a game-changing buff in this patch.
    Neither did the NC really get a huge buff, in the patch where they got buffed. (6 months maybe)

Its only personal preferences that change from time to time.

The problem is that if one player quits, then the other decides to quit too.
    Example:-
    Guy 1:- I feel like quitting, other factions are so much more fun to play.
    Guy 2:- Yea me too, lets make a new character on another faction of another server.

I wouldnt really blame SOE if there are 4th factioners.

If you have continental alerts, then 25% global is really not that bad.

On my server, there has been times when NC has 40% global pop, but only 25% on the continent where the alert is happening.
    Will i blame SOE that the NC that are participating in the alert do not have a fair chance of winning the alert? No.

It depends on how you look at things. I personally do not like to be the overpop faction, so I was happy to see a pop reduction on the NC side.
  6. HellasVagabond

50% TR today on Miller/Esamir.......Seems that the 4th faction is back with the TR.
  7. PWGuy93

It's not just Woodman, Connery is suffering the same fate.
    Not spending the time I used to on Planetside2, my station is sitting idle....
  8. EliteEskimo

Mattherson TR would like to have a word with you.... :p
  9. HellasVagabond

Sorry, i only play in that server and for the past 4 days the TR are swarming the place.
  10. EliteEskimo

Well on Mattherson I've been playing on my server too and the NC have been having the highest populations not the TR. So saying the fourth faction has moved back to the TR does not amount to it actually doing so just because it happens on one server. Furthermore I've been around since the beginning and it was to my knowledge that Miller is a TR Capital/Dominated server in the game and has been so for quite some time.
  11. HellasVagabond

So we have TR dominated servers now ? Well not much we can do about it, when you start in a server since the beta switching afterwards is not viable.
  12. GhostAvatar

Population balances does not exist. What does exist is the lack of incentive or motivation for the other factions to go for a balanced fight instead of a nice easy fight against a weaker force.

So there is still 50% population that isn't TR. Now if NC and VS decided to push TR exclusively, instead of fighting against each other, then everyone would have a good decent balanced fight.
  13. EliteEskimo

Waterson was TR dominated for awhile. But now Miller is the only TR dominated server. Maybe Miller can do what Mattherson did and create server alts to help the low population