Opinions on Mattherson/Waterson Merge?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeflic

Mmm yummy post

But really some good points. No one knows for sure what will happen. From everything I hear Mattherson is just ugly and has some of the best comp out there. Perhaps I should start making alts on other servers and see for myself. Too tied down atm to Mattherson NC to do that though ;/ someone else tell me more of what it's like out there!

I am interested to see how the outfits will handle each other and which outfits will soak up the other or dissolve etc.
  2. ViXeN

As long as they have their queen to lead them to victory and inspire them to be better, the Waterson VS will always smite the inferior NC and TR. :D
  3. Epic High Five

Many have tried!

Mattherson best son REPRESENT. #SLUGLYFE
    • Up x 3
  4. Dead soldier

In general. Yea. As infantry, no. There are some great infantry outfits, but I have played with and watched Aegis Initiative [3gis] dominate while still being underpopped in a large battle. There are others but i don't have experience with them.
  5. VSDerp

im not talking about slug lyfe anymore. last time i did he ran at me with a NC max
    • Up x 4
  6. NinjaTurtle

Funny when I played with NC they seemed more useless despite the higher pop, they could never do anything and when they did it was only because they had 40% pop.

VS despite their under pop are much better
    • Up x 1
  7. Mustarde

I need more dense fights to artificially inflate my kills per hour by farming the masses. It's hard to compete with some of the guys in Connery in who seem to have ungodly weapon stats on stats.dasanfall.com. Cmon SOE, we need more fresh meat competition!
    • Up x 1
  8. doombro

DPSO are from Connery, not waterson. Waterson has plenty of noteworthy organized outfits. ZAPS is only one of them.

Times have changed a little bit on that side of things. ODAM is still gargantuan, however, 382 now has them beat in the numbers game by leaps and bounds. I'm not even sure how they pulled it off.
  9. Negator

such truth!
  10. The Rogue Wolf

One East Coast server to bring the certs, and in the darkness grind them?
    • Up x 2
  11. Posse

DPSO is from Connery, and Wrel? Lol, I'm pretty sure that most of my old Waterson outfit is better than Wrel (and no, my old Waterson outfit isn't ZAPS)
  12. Epic High Five

PRAISE THE SUN

PASS THE SLUGS

HALLELUJAH

It is no mystery that a central part of the #SLUGLYFE is ill-advised use of Charge cooldowns to sprint directly into groups of enemy HAs. You can't put a price on making somebody piss their pants because GOLDEN SLUGMAX OUT OF NOWHERE BANG BANG

Actually the cost is 350 infantry resources now that I think about.

edit - now that I think about it I wish I had that suicide charge recorded, if not for surprising Derp with some NC literature (ammunition) then for the fact that it was one of the few times that blowing my charge to wade INTO a group of enemies hasn't resulted in a swift and horrible death
    • Up x 2
  13. Hoki

No cause I enjoy smaller scale fights sometimes
  14. umbrellapower

Are you Mattherbabbies for real? You're bragging about thinking you're good at a low skillcap F2P game? You could play any other game seriously and bam, you're better than the average Mattherson player by miles. I know you guys are passionate about PS2 as it's the first FPS you've probably ever played, but please. Calm your nuts.

It's also funny to see how many Mattherson kiddies are talking **** on ZAPS, as I'm pretty sure most of ZAPS are better than 99% of anything Mattherson has to offer. Sad to see them not active anymore.
  15. DeadliestMoon

I guess you werent around when ZOE was OP and they were dominating.
  16. Spacedad

Yeah - People need to understand that planetside 2 is like a big giant game of touch football. This means that it's all in good fun, and there might be some rough-housing here and there as well as people being silly now and then.

I highly recommend other outfits make alt-outfits on other factions of their chosen server to run their own alt-ops nights, especially by playing on factions that are drastically outpopped. Playing on the losing side of an outpopped situation makes you better players because you have to fight harder against more targets, make the most of a bad situation - which also means that when you pull off an underdog victory it's all the more sweet. It's really visibly improved the game of everyone in our outfit. Plus it appears to give morale boosts to the factions we play with as I see a lot more TR stepping up to the plate lately, for example.

As a less amiable side note, it seems several of our members were victims of some rogue tkers earlier tonight from a pair of individuals from an otherwise friendly VS outfit who shall not be named. The tker in question made hypocritical generalized statements about our entire outfit being a band of tkers (the tkers actually had rammed three of us in a liberator and got clipped by a dalton in the process, and then started tking us blaming us for making them lose their liberator) - this is absolutely not true. If you have been tked by our members, 99.999% of the time it is accidental. The few times we do purposefully tk are usually when we're trying to stop a rogue tker who is griefing, or when we're just being silly for a little after winning an alert or something and everyone is running around jumping & stuff.

The reason I'm posting this here is that the tker in question claimed that (I quote from the logs) "you go around sayin you promote good will on the forums then behave like ********* in game" - I will not name the person, but it appears to me that this individual read my earlier post from what they said in that quote, so I felt compelled to address his misconception and his poor behavior towards our members. We will likely be contacting their outfit about the behavior of (two?) of their members and be settling the matter elswhere, but I wanted to bring this up here to demonstrate how much of a negative toxic effect that incorrect rumor can have on certain individuals and how they might over-generalize entire groups of other people. We're not a TK outfit - we're here to play in good faith and spread goodwill. (Sometimes that goodwill may involve tough love where criticism is concerned, mind you.) We want to help improve the play experience of everyone on our server, for all three factions. Though we have had rowdy beginnings on this server, we're a very different outfit than we were a year ago - sadly it seems that there are misconceptions about us that need to be laid to rest.
    • Up x 1
  17. Epic High Five

Yeah yeah yeah, heard the same from SolTech outfits too. ZAPS will have their chance don't you fret, with or without non-Waterson/Mattherson servers white-knighting them. Oh and lumping PS2 in with games where peak ability is measured by how many pub stomp servers you attend to does it a huge disservice. Multiplayer FPS as a whole is a stagnant trash heap of a genre and PS2 is the only one that manages to be fun and good.

We're talking **** because a) we're backing it up yo and b) WE didn't start flipping our **** in this thread, we're merely responding to it. Because it's funny. People are getting their **** in a tizzy over the prospect of having lots of fights on more than one continent in a game that's entirely dependent on high populations. Anybody opposed to this merger is opposed to fun

As a somethingawful goon in particular this thread is funny because there's literally people designing their PS2 experience specifically to avoid the possibility of having 200 Titans or whatever dropped on them out of nowhere in a game where every faction does this all the time and the actual Goonfleet people aren't even in the outfits people wring their hands over. EvE is awful but holy crap has my wonderful little community managed to traumatize a generation of gamers.

tl;dr: mattherson the best, words to bring us down are empty because efforts to do so have all been unceremoniously crushed, #SLUGLYFE, free snuggles, people gettin' mad at vidya games el oh el
    • Up x 6
  18. Spacedad

I'm always amazed at how much of an effect that EVE has had on people in every game people from our forums play. I never played eve, and most of the people in our planetside 2 outfit never played EVE either - though I am aware of the drama there. Planetside 2 is a very different game - in EVE there are actual stakes and real tears to invoke in people as you make them lose their stuff. In planetside 2, you're playing a giant game of touch-football for a possible gaming equivalent of winning a free bag of chips and a few high-fives for trying your best even if you lose. (Which is also why I like planetside 2 - even when we lose an alert, if you did your best, you still came out of it earning a lot of certs and getting a good play experience.) So people really need to check their anxieties towards us at the door - we're really all just here to be good sports.

Planetside 2 is a very chill game for chill people who want to have fun shooting shootmans, meta-strategizing, air circusing, and vehicle-flipping.
    • Up x 5
  19. Vinny

Why are you using the assumption that its only the EvE players that are like this . I've had bad experience with every online game i have played with goons . It's not limited to EvE at all . WoW , EQ , EQ2 , STO , PS2 , EvE , MWO ect. As for the titans dropping ect in EvE , no on cares about that , that's not really the issue . But how about intentional crashing the server nodes ? How about finding a person that is suicidal , go in front of a live audience of people ( and was streamed live on the internet ) and tell them to harass this person ( with named provided ) because they are indeed suicidal so that he'll take his own life ?
  20. Liberty

What I thought was pretty funny, having spent some time on Waterson and now Connery, for all the trash talk against Mattherson NC as a whole, their notable players (ones who have been around, and who aren't the BR 20 noobs) have proved every bit as difficult as players I've run across with Recursion, NUC, and FCRW tags.

I highly doubt your average (below average) NC will surprise anyone, but outside of a few exceptions (Mustarde, and some of the former EXOC dudes) The NC had stronger infantry players than TR.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.