Just been checking out the new flash handling

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Larington, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Larington

\o/
    <Runs around the room saying "yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay" with arms in the air>

Feels much better now, thank you, hopefully the outfit will stop calling it the 'Anti-Terrain Vehicle' now.
    • Up x 1
  2. Frostbitten

Flash isn't the only one needed "flip" fixes.

It's also incredibly easy to flip Prowler with Racer 3 at some obstacles. Like it's damn cardboard with cardboard physics.

Oh wait, it is....
  3. Bindlestiff

I'll add my racer Sundie and racer Maggie to that list too. I have never flipped so many vehicles since equipping racer.
    • Up x 1
  4. Pikachu

Wait what! When did the change the flash?

:D
    • Up x 3
  5. Pikachu

I tried out the flash and it seems to have smaller turnering radius now and smoother landings. Donno if there is any buff to traction. Still no return of being able to turn itself back up again. No reduction in cost.
  6. OldMaster80

My scrapper chassis says thanks.
    • Up x 1
  7. Cirevam

I don't know, I was able to right myself at least twice while trying to flip on stuff all over Hossin. Once I got stuck upside down so it's not perfect, but there seems to be an improvement from what little testing I did. Climbing inclines seems to be slightly improved as well.
  8. Pikachu

You managed to do it by just lying on the ground? That's what it used to be for a short time in PS2's history. As soon as the flash had flipped it would automatically turn it self back up.
  9. Cirevam

Yes, and without turbo or any chassis upgrades. Twice I rolled over at a low speed and my head went through the ground, then the Flash righted itself. I was confused, but it acted much like it did in the good ol' days of non-crappy vehicle physics. I would have done more testing but the PTS locked up while trying to load one of the unfinished bases.
  10. Pikachu

Mine just lies there and burns to death.
  11. StiltonNinja

There does appear to be a slight improvement in flash handling- instead of 720 degree spins I now only do 360 -480 degrees. Could still do with a bit more tweaking in my opinion, the flash can be great fun to drive but even with these adjustments its still more frustrating than fun.
  12. Stormsinger

Aside from falling through the ground and becoming a subterranean air vehicle, this is a good step in fixing flash handling
    • Up x 1
  13. IamDH

Might want to...............SCRAP that idea

hehehhehehehehehhehehehhehe
  14. Kunavi

Now to get rid of Tokyo Drift MBTs.
  15. Pikachu

Did this update make it live today? My flash feels better than usual already. :confused: