[Guide] The Real Good Guys.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BraveDutchy, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Iridar51

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  2. Paragon Exile

The Vanu, obviously
    • Up x 1
  3. BraveDutchy

That meant that the research I did made me go to the TR. But I have played alot of Vanu before, but i now want to play TR. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions
  4. -Synapse-

NC fights for freedom and greed.
    TR fights for peace and control.
    VS fights for shiny new toys.

They can all be the "good guys" if you want them to be.
    • Up x 1
  5. DevDevBooday

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dayum!

Its on!
    • Up x 1
  6. Planetdoge

And during your "research," did you find out that the TR military leaders killed their own president, Tom Connery, in a false flag attack? What do you think about such an act of loyalty? I'm curious.
  7. SquattingPig

Your research is flawed because you're automatically taking the TR position by assuming the NC don't have valid reasons for revolting. If I wanted to, I could change a few words in your research to make it look like the NC or VS are the good guys.
  8. minhalexus

Well in a way all of the factions fight for greed.

NC is greedy for freedom.
    TR is greedy for control.
    VS is greedy for new toys.
    • Up x 1
  9. Aesir

The short answer is the TR Democratic Regime on Earth.

The long answer ... a mix of TR and NC to form the former while purging the lunatic side of the VS and absorb what's left.

But since this is not an option you can chose between the thing that is your in your opinion the lesser evil.

TR - While actually having the "right" to rule, their new militant leaders know no ends of ensuring that they are in control, as we can see with the heavy hints in the lore that TR military leaders assassinated Connery, only to blame the NC and to tighten the grip.

The normal soldier is probably drafted in and propagandized to think he is doing the right thing ... While the higher ups are actually the evil element and I'm certain the TR from earth would be against most actions they have taken.

NC - They might not have the "right" to rule but they also should have the right to atleast voice their opinions, which the new TR leaders seem to be highly against ... It is not certain what the true, long term goal of the NC leaders is, however it is hinted that they want more control over the market, which usually is a bad thing ...

Again, the normal soldier is also probably drafted in, mainly from the work force and trained by PMCs/ex TR military. Propaganda is again a thing to make the other factions look evil and I would argue, similar to the TR that the standard citizen probably would get very well along, if one would dispel all the lies. SO again, the leader element, while it's not sure what quantity of evil ... is still the evil element in case of the NC.

So ... in general ... the leaders are the issues.

VS - Religion and Zealotry is bad ... real bad, those two things lead to more loss of life in our current history than any other political quarrel will ever do ... The VS, while thinking they are working for the greater good are in my opinion ... pure evil and need to be purged by fire and sword.

Religions that inspire or even justify war need to be taken down, this also goes for our current church or better said it's "evil" leadership. I have no issue in the old church, prior to all the burning of witches or forceful immigrating ... religion can be a good thing, aslong as it inspires good actions and is not absolute. But I'm getting off topic here ...
  10. Planetdoge

On a completely unrelated note, what anime is your signature from?
    • Up x 1
  11. Aesir

/Offtopic engaged

Everybody keeps asking me that in tons of PMs ... it's Vividred Operations. I recommend you don't watch as it has nothing to do with military stuff in the slightest, the story is plain bad ... and involves lolis in silly outfits fighting monsters.

If you want something about Tanks, watch Girls und Panzer.

[IMG]

Basically ... driving Tanks is a sport and schools compete in teams against each other by using "safe" systems to shoot AP rounds at each other ... it's a pretty compelling underdog sport story. (No pun intended)
    • Up x 2
  12. Ronin Oni

NO.
  13. Ronin Oni

ftfy ;)
  14. Posse

VS are obviously the good guys who want to enlighten everyone (?)

Speaking seriously, I'll quote Squall from FFVIII on this one:

"Right or wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."

That summarizes my opinion on it

Fan detected
    • Up x 1
  15. Outreach

It's pretty crazy how many people clearly choose to skip over or just flat out ignore the actual VS lore. Especially when they babbler on about how evil the VS are. Also interesting is that this is something the lore VS also have to put up with. The VS were the only ones to actively try to avoid fighting. It was the VS that got TR and NC to actually agree and sit down to peace talks. It was the VS that leaked the rebirth tech to NC, because they knew TR would slaughter them without it. It was NC that turned on VS first and broke their peace treaty. The VS were the last ones to enter the fighting and even then the only choose to fight after being backed into a corner by both TR and NC. VS legally declared war and made it known that they intended to fight back, TR/NC never once gave VS the same courtesy. Hell the main reason TR/NC are so caught off guard is because they didn't know the VS had secretly built up a military because they knew it was only a matter of time before they got attacked.

But yes VS are the evil ones because they chose to stand up for themselves. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  16. Badname707

Another week, another TR declaring that their faction is the good guys, based on the lore.

Brent Waterson, leader of the TR military assassinated Tom Connery, TR President before landing on Auraxis.

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Lore_Archive/2012-05-10a
    • Up x 1
  17. ColonelChingles

Naw, it's beyond just "standing up for yourself". Pretty much when the TR and NC started open war on June 21, 2845 the VS were already dead set on exterminating the two other sides. This is what the VS leader, Chairman Willis Scott, said:

“We’re not siding with either of them, if that’s what you mean. But we also can’t stay on the side any longer. To save the world that Vanu once ruled, in order for humanity to reach its full potential, we must take up arms and destroy them both. We must eradicate all that stands against us. Today we have declared our Sovereignty, a Vanu Sovereignty. Only one force can live on Auraxis, and it must be us.”

So the NC never "turned on" the VS, at least not before the VS decided to destroy both the TR and the NC. If anything the VS struck first, as seen in the promotional trailer for PS2.

There was also no "declaration" of war by the VS on the NC or TR... the NC and TR were fighting among themselves and suddenly *poof* here comes the VS. For the reasons that they stated when war first broke out between the NC and TR.
    • Up x 2
  18. DrPapaPenguin

Take it from RL:

There are no good or bad sides in any war, ever.
    • Up x 1
  19. Atis

even if TR are Murica they are evil, since Murica is evil. If TR are commies, fascists, military junta they are still evil, cuz all this thigs are evil.
    NC are evil since they are mercantile, always talk about bonus checks, and money are evil.

VS are scientists, geeks, true hipsters and fashionistas, i.e. nice and interesting guys and gals full of creative ideas, therefore good. Now stay still here, while I get my plasma gun or as I like to call it, Enlightener, to fix you once and for good.

We need someone working as bad example when we are out of TR and NC.
  20. Tbone

Yo!! The way i see is this.On earth everybody liked TR that's why the people elected them again again and again.It was fair and right.That was the worst place for a corporation cause it can not steel and collect big time money.So the corporations used the poor simple minded miner NC guys and fed them there garbage of freedom.They didn't mentioned of course, that in there system you are free but you have to make them more money. On auraxis the TR got a little hard bringing in restrictions on some things, but hello its an alien planet safety first.But simple minded NC said "noo freeedom" witch ,in there language ,means "i can do everything and anything ,when and where i want". So it fueled the already naive NC and WAAAARR!! The VS well TR said we will study these artifacts and start useing them when its safe,than VS "nooo we need our dose, i mean we want technology now!!Patience is futile"Implement them now no matter the consequences."And now they say that the maggrider is the worst MBT in the game.No wonder. :)
    • Up x 1