[Guide] The Real Good Guys.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BraveDutchy, Apr 23, 2014.

1. BraveDutchy

I thank you for your feedback and I can say that they all have their own good natured views. I just feel that from the research I did, that TR is the one that tries to be the good guys, but thats just me.
  2. DJPenguin

Well if you're the most intelligent of them all..
  3. Paragon Exile

The Terran Republic that is still on Earth is a benevolent social democracy, and to an extent the current TR is trying to do the same on Auraxis. The main difference is that the "TR" in the game world was usurped by militants who believe in using military might to unite Humanity and restore order, given the circumstances with the NC and later, the VS.

What light you view the TR in depends on your evaluation of what the usurpers did; is it right to crush Humanity's spirit to save it?

I disagree with that sentiment, and as such I see them as bad guys.
  4. Hatesphere

I wholeheartedly disagree. you did research yet post none other then opinion slanted to the TR and have the audacity to label this as a guide thread?

the real truth if you did any research is that all the sides are designed to be both loveable and hate-able as others have pointed out. all you do by continuing to argue TR is the good guys is say "my favorite colour is red"
  5. Wobberjockey

The Higby you are...

i only swear fealty to one man... BILL NYE THE VANU GUY!
    • Up x 2
  6. BraveDutchy

Ok, as I said, I respect you views and I know that there are all good goals for each empire.
  7. BraveDutchy

I put it as a guide so that people would see what I believe, and choose what they want depending on this. Im not trying to sway them towards TR, thats what the research i found lead me to believe. I used the app Planetside 2 mobile by SOE. There is a history to each faction and I read through each thoroughly. And what I said about that "My favorite color is red" deal was that that wasn't what led me to TR, thats what some people do to choose their faction, they could like the color purple, so they go to Vanu, or they could like the look of NC's uniforms, so they go to NC, etc. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I DIDN'T JUST MAKE THIS GUIDE TO SWAY PEOPLE TOWARDS TR!!! :/
    • Up x 1
  8. SquattingPig

You don't see how biased "it seems like students at a school rebelling against a rule like no wearing hats or no shirts with brand names on them" is?
  9. BraveDutchy

ITS JUST AN ANALOGY
  10. SquattingPig

You're implying that the NC had bad reasons to rebel. I'm sure the TR thought the same thing.
  11. Paragon Exile

It was a pretty bad analogy man.
  12. BraveDutchy

IM JUST TRYING TO EXPLAIN IT
  13. SquattingPig

You're trying to explain it from a TR perspective by making it seem like the NC had no good reasons for rebellion.
  14. BraveDutchy

The research I looked up said that the NC rebelled because they didn't like the rules that the TR had.
  15. BraveDutchy

And if you want to rant why I'm wrong, make your own discussion!
  16. SquattingPig

Then a good analogy would be "it seems like students at a school rebelling against a rule like students are forced to dig ditches all day or no free speech."

Btw, I'm not to one ranting. You're the one typing in all caps.
  17. z1967

*lasers fired*
  18. DreamEvo

All of this is horribly wrong. Just stop. Every faction see's them self as the "good guys". Stop comparing this to real life cases, don't bring the U.S or U.K as this has nothing to do with them. I suggest you read the lore.
  19. BraveDutchy

Im not ranting, you keep trying to find the flaws in my research so that you can support you opinion
  20. BraveDutchy

Please look at my thread now as how I found what faction I should join