Driver compatibility with NVIDIA GeForce 334.89 drivers

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Higby, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Chubzdoomer

F***ing seriously? Wow... Guess I'll have to stick with the several month old 332.21 drivers then.
  2. PvtTickleTactic

Should we be looking for patch notes to notify us of a fix? If so where should we be looking? In an Nvidia or PS2 patch?
  3. Bragg

Any update on this issue? I can confirm it still happens with 335.23 drivers.
  4. Bruno Puntz Jones

What about 335.23?
  5. azm0dan1

its still happens in 335.23...

i'm now rolling back - next time, radeon...
  6. ackerx

I'm running with 335.23/334.89 and have this issue as well.
    No wonder sometime I had to re-select audio output to have sound out again from HDMI port.
  7. Sobdude

Do not use 335 or any of 334 NVidia drivers !
    Your choice for PS2 is GeForce 332.21 Driver.
    334 and 335 drivers work well with any other games, so this is SOE **** up.
    I hope SOE will fix the issue soon.
  8. IrishPride

Im sorry i will NOT roll back my drivers for one game thank you please remedy your issue
  9. AltF4Fun

I really hope they still work on this problem consistently.Its about time this gets fixed.
  10. Faerrus

Nvidia driver v. 335.23

I have been CTD before even reaching the login screen with a G99 error code since the massive 7 GB patch from a few days ago, and continue to CTD in the same way since the 3/27/2014 patch today...

As others have said, I will not downgrade my driver just for PS2 (as much as I want to play it right now). I will wait for a fix and play some Black Flag instead :)
  11. Kirdra

Well this isn't really just a PS2 issue, I had to downgrade my drivers back to 332.21 because of constant black screens with my GTX 680, even in other games, or flat out on the desktop. Repeated blackscreening.

Its a known issue apparently.
  12. zealotz556

I am having trouble crashing to desktop, I rolled back my drivers to 332.21 but it hasn't helped at all...
  13. ExitSign (Ceres)

Any updates on this ?
  14. Demuerte

Been having this problem with PS2 & Nvidia crashing for a while now. And as usual, SOE is aware, yet does nothing to resolve the problem. If they are, it must be a TOP SECRET project because they are leaving the customers in the dark. As usual.

Can run every game I have in ultra settings on my 660Ti, except PS2. That has been toned down a lot; and even with the cooling fan maxed out at 100% on the video card, the temperature rises rapidly to 70 - 75C and beyond causing the crash. For me this is specific to PS2, and none of the other games I have running. Most of which are a lot more taxing than PS2 is for graphics rendering, etc.
  15. mLocke

16. Within

Don't bother with 337.50 beta, they haven't solved the problem yet. Someone asked on the Nvidia forum and they said they are still working on it.
  17. gregfox89

Great, I updated NVIDIA GeForce Experience because I didn't see any harm in it, and now it says that I can't use ShadowPlay anymore because my 332.21 driver is out of date and doesn't meet the requirements. :( DO NOT UPDATE GEFORCE EXPERIENCE IF YOU USE SHADOWPLAY!
    No more recording footage for me until this is fixed... unless there is a way to roll back to the old version of GeForce Experience?
  18. Puppy

Any update on this would be great. I have no idea whether the issue is still alive or not and don't wish to install/deinstall drivers every time I want to check.
  19. Durendal

This is never going to be fixed. :(
  20. Wint3rNuk3

SOE please update on this, at least since the issue is still not fixed (I think the community is soldiering on like crazy, except for some ******** posts right now, which are also totally legit although not appropriate).
    I'm pretty new to this game and the first thing that got on my mind as it is utterly obvious is : IT IS A TOTAL PAIN IN THE *** TO HUNT FOR INFOS ON YOUR WORK GUYS !
    Reddit, soe forums, nvidia forums... MAKE A POST EASILY FINDABLE not a hidden post (emphasizing on that in case there is actually one and i'm a moron) where you update us on the several issues/fixes ESPECIALLY this one (Nvidia Kernel crash) since :

- Rolling back drivers should be a temporary solution.
    - If we roll back drivers, we are sacrificing a bunch of improvements for other games.
    - If we roll back drivers, we cannot use NVENC to stream on OBS (your game is CPU heavy, encoding is too, not everybody can afford a dual PC configuration for streaming PS2, NVENC is about just in time, SOE is clearly not.)

We all want to believe that PS2 will be better with time, countless posts where fellows say : "I love this game so much but...", so please manner up SOE.