prowler against ESF.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlatoonLeaderG, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Emotitron

Another possibility is giving the Prowler the ability to link its cannons so they fire together - at the cost of something else such as reload time or reduced total damage.
    • Up x 1
  2. CrashB111

Yes because going a total of 5 kph faster than a Vanguard with Racer 3 is going to save that Prowler, I wish people would stop pretending the Vanguard is so weak with speed.

Disregarding that no ground vehicle can escape an ESf anyway, they travel far faster than you will ever flee.
    • Up x 1
  3. Titan6

You're better at killing infantry than the other two tanks are, and worse at killing aircraft. Balances itself out.
  4. GhostAvatar

It has already been nerfed against libs with the velocity nerf and the lib update change to base resist values and composite armor adding to it. Previously it was better vs libs, but worse vs ESF compared to the other faction tanks. Now they have taken away the advantages against libs, it is just plain worse against air compared to the other two factions.

As for the magrider that you complain so much about...

Each video was taken over a couple of days game play. To get so many over such a short time means it isn't as bad as you think it is.

Then there is this.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...cHJlWkJXYy13WVROc2s2TTNjOWc&usp=sharing#gid=0
    • Up x 1
  5. Vixxing

The other factions? You mean NC... Mag is far worse at killing ESF and insanly much worse at killing libs/galaxys... also its worse at killing infantery and armor... but thats balance i guess...
  6. Bassett

I can understand wanting to be able to one-hit kill ESFs, I don't think it would be balanced but I can understand that you would want to do it. MBTs and armor in general (Skyguards being the exception) are not supposed to be mobile AA solutions, you have the option of taking an air deterrent on your secondary gun (Walker or Ranger), and with Prowler lockdown you're able to lower TTK against air, but I think it's fair to say if your platoon is not using any dedicated AA or air itself, you should be vulnerable to it.

And if you're lonewolfing and want to be able to only play tank and take on ESFs from the driver seat, you should get lots of target practice :)
  7. VoidMagic

One hitting ESF should be eliminated from the game. It would solve alot of issues.
  8. minhalexus

Only the Vanguard has an easier time killing ESFs.

That being said, I'm perfectly fine if they give the Vanguard a slower, stable turret with more splash.
    That would basically remove one-shotting ESFs, since the turret would make it terribly hard to track ESFs.
  9. EGuardian1

It's a rock paper scissors situation.

Vanguard can deal with Air better
    Prowler can deal with Infantry better,
    Magrider can strafe and avoid shots at longer ranges, being neither the best nor the worst at anything.

As a Vanguard Driver, I find Mags the harders to fight simply because I have to get so close in order to gain any advantage.

There are plenty of vids of Tanks shootind down aircraft, but the way the game has been changed it's either A: Luck + Skill, or B: Pilot error.

Here's a vid of both of those combined.

• Up x 1
  10. PlatoonLeaderG

I already reported a person here,please be more polite and stay on topic and please read the thread before you post.A lot of great suggestions said.

I like the idea,but i would only want this if magriders and vanguards get an ability to shoot 2 times so its fairer.

Vanguards are the best at killing air and tanks,your argument is invalid sorry.

Thank you so much for posting,as you said i can get Walker/Ranger on prowler but getting a dedicate gunner is hard or wasting the second gun for AA you will not only hold the gunner as he cant do anything but shoot at air which he cant even kill also you will be disadvandage at tank vs tank.

I can hit esf and done it many times even when i wasnt in anchor mode and even sometimes when i m moving,but the problem is any smart pilot know the fact that prowlers cant kill them with 1 shot.It allow pilots to do mistakes that when we do those mistakes it ends with our death,when you shoot him 1 time he would go back and repair as nothing happened.

More nerfs and more power for air will not do any good to the game.

Thanks for the post guys,but a lot of you try to link prowler vs libs or gals.The thread is about prowler vs esf.
  11. Taemien

How about you all land both shots? There's no way they are going to code the cannon to do different damage on each round against a single vehicle.

We have a better chance at asking for a 250dmg weapon for the NC than this.
  12. Titan6

Which means absolutely nothing, since Infantry are by far the biggest threat to vehicles, due to their numbers. Not to mention, that even being the "best" at killing air, it's still not a reliable tactic. Not nearly as reliable as Powler vs infantry.

and there's an abundance of evidence that points to the Vanguard being underpowered in all areas of the game.

Before trying to invalidate someones argument. It makes good sense to look at the whole picture, not just the picture you wish to see.
  13. PlatoonLeaderG

Vanguard dont perform bad in all areas,it was first at shooting esf.The bad statistics are because they dont shoot much infantry.
    You can say who is the biggest threat or not. To you is infantry,for me are libs.

I can see the whole picture:
    vanguards are good against 2 categories:air and tanks.
    prowlers are good against 1 category:infantry

I can see and respect your opinion and i apologise,but its still wrong.

edit:If you see 10 infantry or 10 MTB or 10 esf -which of them are the greater threat?
  14. Snoozzzer

Didn't anchored mode velocity increases get nerfed to the ground because of how easy it was to hit things with the double shot?
  15. PlatoonLeaderG

It was already hard to hit esf before the nerf with 2 shots.

Prowler got the nerf because it was good at hitting slow moving air that are libs and gals.It was stated on the patch notes.
    • Up x 1
  16. Silkensmooth

Correct me if I'm wrong, but having 2 main guns gives you a HUGE advantage over the other two tanks vs infantry.

You also have the easiest gun to hit ESF with since you can lock down and get higher velocity than the other tanks.

You have better elevation than a magrider and can easily track ESF with your mobile turret.

So THAT would be why you can't one shot an ESF. I already get shot down by prowlers while dogfighting too often.
  17. EGuardian1

Seriously?

You're trying to quantify your argument by pitting a large but equivalent number of completely different units and saying which is teh greater threat? The reality is the other way around, what number of those three groups are an equivalent threat, (Example. 3-5 infantry = 1 ESF in threat level) and what is there consistently more of. Then you see what tank has the best overall survival rate and how to balance that against the other two without just creating a homogenous tank that has no uniqueness to it.

I'm done in this thread.
    • Up x 1
  18. XXBLACKATTACKXX

You trade ESF killing ability for Liberator killing abilities.
    Well until the Lib got buffed against tank rounds.
  19. Vixxing

You should roll (or Glide) with a Mag and oneshoot those pesky ESF with eaze....
  20. LIKE A BOSS!

Only the Magrider AP cannon can 1 shot ESFs. And its waaayyy easier for a Prowler to shoot a ESF with lockdown and that velocity.