Did the latest balancing patch do anything positive for you personally?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WorldOfForms, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Admiralty

Nothing much really...

MCG tweak - good in a sense that it fixed the spin up rate somewhat but it was disappointing to see that this required an attachment - which meant forgoing everything else. Changes to the first few shot's COF was also disappointing, but the permanent COF offsets it somewhat... two positives and two negatives = nothing gained really.

Vulcan - useless 'buff', still remains useless on the Prowler. Somewhat better on the Harrasser since it is agile, but this wasn't because of the change anyway.

Striker - that 25m/s increase in velocity was worth absolutely nothing. Our suggestions in making it a Coyote style or Fracture style weapon was completely ignored.

The new Lynx and Cougar for the LA/Engie don't affect me too much since I rarely use these classes.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed for a patch that was touted as being the cure of the underlying issues in TR weaponry. I was looking forward to the 2x burst mode they were going to put on the Inquisitor and I was actually saving certs up for it but even that was quickly scrapped.
    • Up x 1
  2. Phos!

I've seen missiles appear out of thin air, so no, the AV turret isn't guaranteed to render. It's much more rare, though, so there's that i guess.

TR weapon recoil reduction didn't go far enough. For example, Trac 5 S is still an odd man out with its horizontal recoil at that fire rate. Cycler TRV still gives up way too much, why do the GD-7F and Serpent get standard carbine hipfire values while the TRV is stuck with almost LMG tier hipfire?

Cougar is no where near interesting enough to bother spending 1000 certs on, and new lynx is not really that remarkable apart from being a CQC carbine with a fast (ish) reload. No idea why it was OK to remove .75 ADS from a 1000 cert weapon. Still doesn't match GD-7F/Serpent damage.

Going to keep harping on the cougar because we got this stupid boring Razor clone while the SABR's mechanics are still stuck on the medic, a class that I just find doesn't need that kind of effective range. Could have made it something unique, I mean, it was right there. Faction specific sharpshooter mechanics.

Changes to the hailstorm don't fix the problem with it. recoil values are based on RoF while ignoring damage, so Armistice still has way too much horizontal recoil and Cyclone still has way too little. I cannot believe the cyclone made it this long without being nerfed and then such a slight nerf too.

TR weapons sound better (apart from the TRV/TAR and TMG 50 imo) but a lot of them are still missing crucial details. Many of them are missing ejectors or have them in the wrong place, every non shotgun weapon ejects the same brass (even the pistols) and the T5 AMC doesn't have a cocking handle. TR Snipers still sound like laser tag guns.

Oh right, chaingun, it was pigeonholed into a role its mechanics make it bad at and was then brute forced into kind of working there anyway. Low headshot multiplier means that even in the bad breath zone and everything beyond, the carv still beats it. Not being the fastest firing infantry weapon still makes its gatling nature really dumb.
  3. Nitrobudyn

I like the Straight Pull, but positive things in ballancing.. no, not much, to be honest.
  4. NinjaTurtle

Seemed like a whole lotta nothing. Aside from the AV turret tweak it all seems like fluff
    • Up x 1
  5. Ozade

- bulk of the 4th factioners switched from NC to TR on cobalt
    -Viper nerf was needed but a shame since I hadn't auraxed it yet
    -Corvus/CME changes are welcome changes when I'm done with the Corvus I'll try the CME but if it is still less accurate than the NS-11a I'll be leaving the CME on the shelf and switching back to the 11a instead.
    -Saron nerf seemed a bit unjust IMO since there are still plenty of AV weapons used across the game as low TTK AI weapons like 1.Pounder/Falcon/Comet 2.Enforcer/Halberd 3.Rocket primaries 4.AV nades etc....
    -I might pick up the Zenith at some point but since I dont LA/Engie much it wont be a game changer for me
    -I've certed the straightpull bolt but aint used it yet
    -Still awaiting the shield nerf....
  6. Phos!

Oh yeah straight pull bolt was a thing. Still haven't gotten used to it I think, having some trouble with it. Was expecting it to be most useful on longer range snipers but seems most useful on low zoom snipers even though they have faster scope animations already. I guess on paper it would be the opposite, but frequently it seems like there's one reason or another to scope out anyway between shots when using longer range snipers.
  7. Copasetic

Lynx is ok, Cougar is kind of lackluster for me but at least it's a new gun to play with. Faction population on Miller seems to be more stable lately.

And I realized I haven't seen a blatant cheater in weeks, so that's good.
  8. CactusLynx

Straight pull atleast makes it easier if you miss, i'm liking the new Lynx even if it looks like an unwanted child, along with the new TR sounds. Other than that, this "Patch that would save the TR" is kind of meh.
  9. AltF4Fun

It brought back some of the 4th faction to TR,so I guess my answer is no.
  10. DrPapaPenguin

One word, 3 letters: MCG. Oh yeah :D
  11. kadney

Did Anchor Mode become viable so I can dump my certs into it? Nope.
    How about the vulcan for long-range engagements? Nope.
    Did Max Lockdown become useful to be a good alternative to Charge? Nope.
    Did the Inquisitor get the 2x burst we saw on PTS? Nope.

Maybe the real balance patch is still waiting for us next week, but I doubt it. In my opinion the balance patch was more of a small stat-adjustment, sadly.
    • Up x 1
  12. Nerovox

Not really.. Game seems even more bland and boring.
  13. NoctD

AV mana turret nerf was perfect.

Although its already been far eclipsed by Liberatorside as the new FOTM, and nothing was done to address that.
  14. Ronin Oni

Because not getting hit at 700-800m by invisible AV turrets is a big improvement.

you have 150m to close and with the projectile bug fixed again you should know where it came from to approach it right.

For myself:
    MCG w/ BRRT feels good at first review. It's not "OMFG I'll never use another LMG" good, but it never should be either. SIDEGRADES.

Saron & Enforcer nerfs hurt... not sure they were necessary either. Think they should just have buffed the Vulcan and the AI secondaries instead.

Viper nerf was harsh... but frankly 6 OHK shots made it ridiculously more powerful for Inf farming than anything else (save a Zephyr). I'll prolly never use it again though. If I want suppression, I'll probably equip the HE instead. HEAT for everyday, and AP for tank hunting. (BTW: Where the hell is our vehicle loadout swapping already? I'd use HE and AP more often if I could swap). Viper could maybe use more splash radius due to direct damage nerf.

TR gun sounds are OP :p

For the most part, I think it was good stuff
  15. dstock

Here's what I like:

This makes NAR less of an obvious choice on most vehicles. Already seen a significant increase in side armor on tanks, and stealth/comp on planes. The Flash and Harasser versions of NAR got ridiculous buffs.

I tried this out, liked it on AV weapons. Thermal still rules for AI.

Harasser Stuff:
    Finally, resistance buffs. It feels better, the resistance to small arms, at least, is noticeable from the sorry state it was in previously. Turbo lasts long enough to help you flip back over, finally. Having it as a passive allows for true loadout options for the first time, ever.

Vehicle Weapons:
    Basilisk doesn't rip air as hard, worth considering other options on Sundies.

C-85 seems to 1-mag Harassers, but it's only marginally improved at AI.

Saron isn't as versatile, Enforcer isn't as strong, Vulcan is still garbage. No complaints.

Ranger is finally worth using. It now carries/can cert into enough ammo to be self-sufficient in the field for a while. The damage is up a total of 32% from a few months ago. Also, unlike the Walker, it actually drives planes off.

The CoF reduction on the Duster is a step in the right direction, but the weapon still isn't good past point-blank ranges. It needs a smaller CoF and less bloom per shot OR a larger splash radius. Frankly, I think the Zephyr needs more CoF, and the Duster needs substantially less, with the projectile properties remaining largely the same. (Perhaps small proj. velocity buff on Duster, 100m/s is painfully slow).

Other Stuff:
    I like the buffs to the long-range ARs.
  16. Hiding in VR

Well the last few battles I have participated in haven't ended with the TR suddenly being outnumbered, two to one. So that's great. In fact they have remained pretty even, which is perfect. Hurrah!

As for the TR changes themselves, not sure I've noticed any difference. 0.005 of horizontal recoil changes here and there, well ... technically its better than nothing *shrug* I wonder if the game engine is capable of generate such a tiny difference in performance?
  17. Pikachu

What are your demands?
  18. MarkAntony

There is a lightning visible right next to where the turret should be. If the lightning is this big I should easily be able to see the turret.

Conclusion: AV Turret is still broken beyond anything else. More than a year now....
  19. SuperMedicated

SOE logic: don't do 3 or 4 medium-sized things, do 50 tiny ones because the players will think it's a lot
    • Up x 2
  20. PWGuy93

In my view, Not really.
    The AV mana Turret still reigns supreme, even with it now showing it's location.
    The Liberator is still over powered relative to other vehicles and infantry weapons.

... and most importantly to me, we're still "playing against a patch" and not the game as a whole.
    Change the AV Mana Turret or Liberator comments to any other vehicle or weapon from previous patches and the result is the same, we're playing to a patch version and the overall game, the meta, the balance of all things just isn't there...

To be kind to the devs, I don't have a solution to suggest that fixes everything. I can understand trying to balance the many weapons and vehicles to make play fun is not an easy task.