"Look for some additions to PTS later this week!"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pikachu, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Pikachu

Speculation time! A tweet that came today:

"PlanetSide 2@planetside2 3h
    No Game Update this week! Look for some additions to PTS later this week! [RadarX]"

The only planned update for april is changes to premium membership. For may it's implants. Medic update has moved to the archived section. Will it be implants perhaps? All I want to see revealed are the battle islands but I don't expect that any time soon.
  2. Phyr

Maybe I'll get back into Guild wars this month :/
  3. HadesR

Was hinted at on CC that it might be ... And I'm sure it will be .. Money making schemes > Bug fixs / valid content ..
    • Up x 1
  4. Eyeklops

Bug Fixes ---> Hossin ---> Battle Islands ---> Global Lattice ---> Continent Locking
    At least that's the way I would like it, bugs are getting out of hand.
  5. z1967

Those additions better be the ability to switch continents or else I will do nothing. Because this is the internet and generally all threats are empty and have no effect.
    • Up x 3
  6. NoctD

That's so weird - I expected the AA/premium thing to be pushed out tomorrow, since that's when it goes into effect?

Probably implants.

No medic update? Seriously? I guess they ran out of ideas.

Also probably we'll see directives, not something I care much about really.
  7. RyanGUK

Higby has said on Reddit that they're fixing the continent issue (LINK), but I do think it'll be Implants. End of the day, if it's ready for PTS then it's ready. There's plenty of other things that need fixing whilst they test Implants. If they don't come until the end of May, that's fine with me.

Regarding Medic Update: There's tons of ideas we've put forward but in the scheme of things, do we need a medic update right now? I don't think it'll be the defining feature of Planetside 2 that will rescue the community and please everybody. Much better to put it on the back burner and focus on the things we want (Hossin, Continent Locking, Resource Revamp)
    • Up x 4
  8. Rift23

Incoming kill cam.
  9. Selerox

Understatement of the week there I think. Can't argue with the sentiment though...
  10. Tommyp2006

I too am expecting implants.
  11. HadesR

Been delayed.

• Up x 2
  12. Pikachu

I don't think even SOE is dumb enough to think that critical bug fixes is something to announce as something special to arrive soon on PTS.
  13. Aesir

So no Vehicle Physics pass? Why am I not surprised ...

April - Physics Tuning

They already moved it into the archive ... without ever actually doing anything. Is this how stuff falls "under the radar" ... X
    • Up x 2
  14. eldarfalcongravtank

this is really disappointing. especially because i dont remember having any great memories from last weeks patch which was delayed as well. so in the end, the patch delaying didnt bring any better results

also i would like them to fix core things first like performance, crashing, getting x64 finally to work, fixing the hitches, fixing the server lag -- hey i can dream of a well-functioning game sometime this year, no?:rolleyes:
  15. RyanGUK

Did I give off that impression that I thought otherwise? :S I dunno whether you're agreeing with me or not haha. But yeah, it's going to be Implants most probably. Or they could throw an absolute spanner at us and upload Nexus.
  16. z1967

You know, I have been looking at things like air vehicles and I have determined that, in an Earth like atmosphere, all of them except maybe the galaxy would have a hard time getting any lift. Even going the full 300 kph (lol) that they can do they would struggle at best to so much as fly straight.

Mosquitos have virtually no lift and probably have to rely on reaction wheels for turning and what not because there are no control surfaces, Reavers use some sort of thruster system and *maybe* the wings might keep it up in the air, Scythe is breaking physics but that is okay because Vanu, Liberator would tear it's wings off trying to transition into hover mode, and the Galaxy would rely heavily on thrusters just to keep the nose pointed straight.

So glad Planetside doesn't have the Kerbal Space Program FAR (realistic aerodynamics) mod installed. We would never be able to go out of hover mode and I am being generous when I say that.

And don't get me started on why the Lightning would have never passed field tests with that low of ground clearance. Planetside physics be cray.

EDIT: fixed my grammar and made it more coherent.
  17. Phyr

ESFs and Libs must use another propulsion system for primary lift, and the thrusters and wings for maneuvering.
  18. z1967

True, I probably should have taken that into account. The thruster didn't seem to move though when the aircraft turn so I assumed reaction wheels.
  19. Alzir

I'd have thought there would have at least been a hotfix this week for this crash on changing continent issue :(
  20. Pikachu

Nexus has lots of pink glowing placeholder props still so it's not finished. :L Also since I have a character at Nexus I would find it rather boring. It's the other islands I want to see, but I bet those aren't even started working on yet.