So now everyone is playing TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jaktrobot, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Modern Ancestor

I really dont get this mcg whine. I just got it pre-patch and found it to be solid tool. Granted takes little brain activity on how to use in given situations but it was good then and to my opinion isnt that much different now. And yeah just like i noticed after patch i was there with plenty other players examining the changes.

Soo what kind of results did i come up with? Well the overclock was interesting addition but thats not really the part i had problem with anyway so i stick to extended mag. What i think happened here is that changes not even dramatic brought it to be the flavour of the month. Even people that had never bothered to find a way to use it in battle did find a place for it now.

Offer you my humble opinion on the matter that is following. Mcg is just fine it never was bad to beginwith and this hype and publicity it has received led it to be used more and opinions changed with simple use and getting to know it.

On top im happy for you guys out there that found mcg and embraced it to have fun ingame. But i truly feel that it was not for the changes but for the common opinion turning to favour it finally.
    • Up x 2
  2. PlatoonLeaderG

I listed all 3 because(except striker) even they do something different than common rockets they dont reward you enough as using the default rockets,also if i left 1 out i will be screwed by forumside.
  3. Ronin Oni

They all have their purpose... they shouldn't always be better than the "standard" rocket launchers, otherwise they'd be pure upgrades rather than situational side-grades.

Even the Striker has purpose, it has the highest alpha damage of all lock-ons. The added velocity does make it better than it was before by reducing time required to maintain lock, which increases sustained (multi-reload) damage, reduces time exposed, and increases the chance to hit with all the rockets giving less time to escape. It may still need further tweaking... primarily with a faster reload (Phoenix also needs to have it's reload speed decreased... significantly).

Lancer only needs to have it's max charge time duration increased which wouldn't improve the weapons DPS or damage whatsoever but rather allow more time for aiming (and it would still be best to fire within current time constraints to spend less time aiming, but having it fire before you're ready just sucks.)
  4. KnightCole

This!!

Buff their creativity and imagination.....but not to Teletubbies and Aliens vs Predators lvl....lets keep it reasonable...but buff it!
  5. Arkenbrien

Then Are would be a proper noun.
  6. Goretzu

Strikers scare the pants off ESFs especially.
  7. barunedpat

Let me fix that for you
    • Up x 3
  8. Krayus_Korianis

9. Vixxing

Lancer need a slight damagebuff against ESF so 2 full charges takes one down... and also some magnification... (one feat that would be usefull is to be able to charge all 6 levels to get really high alpha-damage but all or nothing)
  10. ARIES666

Never thought to play for fraction with more powerful weapons. Of course i had nc and vs characters, but for "to know your enemy better". I'm a Terran Republic citizen:) and I'm loyal son of it's glorious army. Even if "smart" men from Not The Best Company Ever think take all weapons from TR exept knife, i will go and fight with my chainblade (by the way, remember that Chainblade in planetside1 ;) but soe decided to make chainblade usual kitchen knife, one more reason to curse soe again).
  11. TeknoBug

What server is TR getting populated? Mattherson it's still a swap fest with VS and NC and on Connery it's still always NC.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ttariel

Strike is one of the worst launcher in the game now and the TR overpop is really nothing new.
  13. Ronin Oni

I don't really think it needs any of those things...

Maybe more ESF damage so you can 2 full charge shot it, but that's about it and that really wouldn't change it all that much either.

Magnification is a no because it's already effective enough at 700m vs intended targets, and more alpha damage is a no because the drawback to the range is less than dumbfire damage per hit
  14. Vixxing

Well when you pull off 2 really amazing Lancershots on an ESF only to watch it fly away it matters... and its alot easier to get one phoenix on an ESF than 2 Lancershots in a row... (specially since first blast makes 95% take evasive maneouvers...)
  15. Ronin Oni

I did say that was the one change I wouldn't oppose, but like you said, 95% start evading after the first hit... I've never landed 2 full charge shots on an ESF by myself, but I could see 2 HA's working together maybe taking one out. The coordination required seems like it would be worthy of a kill.

The only issue is how that damage change affects other vehicles... unless it was done specifically via ESF resistance to Lancer.
  16. Vixxing

2 full Lancer charges SHOULD be dead ESF... and more ammopool imo...
  17. Ronin Oni

Ammo pool is fine, you get the same # of reloads as a default launcher. I use Munitions pouch for a reason.... with ANY launcher
  18. TheBlindFreak

"are are" probably isn't correct. When in doubt, rephrase. "The effectiveness of lock-ons is"
  19. Tuco

OK

The effectiveness of lock-ons is, is directly proportional to how many players run with countermeasures.
  20. Krayus_Korianis

Corrective statement: "The effectiveness of lock-on's is directly proportional to how many players run with countermeasures."