Notes To Vehicle Drivers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Verviedi, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Verviedi

Hello.
    This is a note to all vehicle drivers. I see you every day, sitting in your Sunderers in hexes where we're the only people. I walk up to your 1/3 Harraser, or 1/12 Sunderer. If I can get in, that's fine. Just drive to the next base we have to cap. But if your vehicle is squadlocked in the middle of an empty hex, expect 2 C4 explosions on your vehicle.
    By kicking randoms out of your vehicle, you are damaging their skills. How are randoms and newbies supposed to get better at gunning if not a single person wants them in their vehicle.
    The most common response I get to this is that you are running Stealth, and you don't want newbies to spam the Saron or Kobalt everywhere. But, if you told the Newbie "Hey, I'm running Stealth. Please don't shoot until I tell you to." They would not do it.
    So let randoms into your vehicle. The other 10 slots can be occupied by your squad.

And another thing....
    When 1/12 Sunderers drive past me while I am spamming V-5, STOP THE DAMN SUNDERPHANT. It's basic logic, If I don't get a response from /tell, I will put a rocket in your rear.
  2. NCstandsforNukaCola

Wait, so if you cannot get a ride, you're gonna destroy them with two bricks of c4?
    • Up x 7
  3. Verviedi

If they're squadlocked in an empty hex, and I'm out of resources? Yes. I do have some leniency for 9/12 squadlocked Sunderers, though, and I never kill MBTs.
  4. KAHR-Alpha

What about you just redeploy instead of being a walking hazard?
    • Up x 3
  5. Verviedi

Because the moronic spawn system doesn't allow me to spawn where I want, making me to to the warp gate and get in a lib or ESF.
  6. KAHR-Alpha

So? If the sunderer you wanted to get into is moving, then it's probably going to deploy somewhere around its final destination. You can just wait for it to do so in the respawn screen.

By the way, your behavior is a bannable offense.
    • Up x 18
  7. BillBoBaggins

It's my sundy and if i don't want some random smelly tramp in my new shiny sundy then i will lock it.Nuff said, deal with it.
    • Up x 9
  8. Archiadus

As a reply to your first post:

This is a note to all random gunners. I see you every day, sitting in my vehicles in hexes where we're getting attacked by enemy forces. I drive up to an enemy 1/3 Harraser, or 1/12 Sunderer that's burning like there's no tomorrow.

If you miss a shot, that's fine. Just wait for the reload to finish and try again. But if you're trying to shoot some random sniper up on a hill that's over 200m away when we're in the middle of an epic fight with a burning / smoking vehicle that's RIGHT INFRONT OF US, expect me to kick you out of my vehicle.
    By allowing randoms like that to gun for my vehicle I am are damaging my chances of winning the encounter. How are randoms and newbies supposed to get better at gunning if they can't even look forward with an AV weapon?

Now I do have to say that I still allow randoms to gun for me on occasions and that not all of them are quite as bad as I described above but in some situations I've found that it's actually easier to just attack other vehicles solo rather than having someone waste all my ammunition on the wrong target.
    • Up x 5
  9. BengalTiger

All is fun and games until a player spawns a Sundy/buggy for a squad member without resources.
    Then it MUST be set to squad if the other person is to drive it.
    • Up x 2
  10. Huxer

OP, if you are not just trolling, which I think you are. You are the one that is toxic in this situation.
    • Up x 2
  11. Alarox

Nobody is ever under any obligation whatsoever to let you into their vehicle.
    • Up x 4
  12. Ttariel

Is this guy joking or just stupid ?
    • Up x 4
  13. Verviedi

It's satire with some true elements thrown in.
    Seriously, let randoms get some practice gunning.
    • Up x 1
  14. IamDH

Lol

"If no one stops for me im going to c4 them"
    • Up x 2
  15. Alarox

LOL. Now I see.
  16. Verviedi

I tried to write this in the "stereotypical Russian terrorist" tone from video games to make it obvious this is satire.
    • Up x 1
  17. NoctD

This is why C4 needs to be removed from the game entirely!
  18. Danath

Anyway, please, once you deploy the sundy, REMEMBER to set it OPEN for all. Let people use basilisk or walkers to fight those lightings or aircraft bombarding it, because if not, the most common result is some wreckage
    • Up x 2
  19. PlatoonLeaderG

my prowler is always open,but if a squad/outfit member will want in i will kick random person in a safe area.
  20. Santondouah

If this worked... Maybe. But it doesn't. "OH A LIBERATOR 500m FROM HERE, LET'S SHOOT HIT WITH THAT KOBALT"

Anyway, blowing someone's vehicle for this reason make you a top level butthole.
    • Up x 2